Flighing at Night

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
This will be the first time any of us have flown. We are on the West Coast, so a flight will takes us about 8 hours & then another hour plus to get to the resort (plus 3 hours time difference). So even if we get the first flight out at about 6 am we will not get to WDW before 6 - 7 pm. So I am thinking about maybe a late night flight, to get us there late morning/early afternoon. So do you think it is a good idea to fly at night for a first time fly, kids will be 9.5 and 11.92. I figured none of us are going to be sleeping much that night anyway so...

any advice input etc??

Hi, I have flown the red eye from CA to Orlando twice and I really don't think I would do it again. We arrived at about 7:00 am and checked our luggage into the hotela nd headed to the parks. The first few hours were fine, but at about 11 am, I was so tired that I didn't care where I was. I was not enjoying my day at the park. The problem is hotel check in wasn't until 4. The first trip we had to wait until 4, the second trip we were able to have our room by 2. Both times we crashed when we checked it and didn't go out until about 8 for dinner. The day felt pretty much wasted, I really was too exhausted to enjoy it. I know at least two other people in my group ( out of four) agree and would not be willing to do a night flight. We are all in our early 20's and do not have kid's, I can only imagine that having kid's would only complicate the situation. If you do the night flight, make sure to find out what time you can actually check into your room. Although it sounds like a great way to maximize your park time, it may night be worth it if you are too tired to enjoy it.

Have a great Trip,

Karen

We would not plan on going to a park that day, just exploring the resort and relaxing by the pool. From flight times, if we took the "red eye" it looks that we would get there at about 11am and to WDW by 12:30ish. The other option is a 6am flight (which has us leaving home at 2am, the airport is 2 1/2 hours away) that would not get us in until close to 7pm and we would be going to sleep as soon as we got in. Either way it is giong to be a long day.

I don't think it would eb bad at all if you flew at night and then spent the day relxing. Just make sure that you can check in when you arrive. You might even be able to spend part of the day at the parks or maybe go play mini golf, explore the hotels, downtown disney, ect...

Have fun,

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter