Flight Change - Need Touring Advice!

Disneymom1126

DIS Veteran
Our flights got changed by our airline after I had already purchased our tickets for MNSSHP and also rented a DVC room for October 24th. We were initially going to do Universal as the first day of our trip, spend time at the beach in the middle, then do MNSSHP as the last day of our trip, but now we aren't flying out till the 26th instead of the 25th - so we are doing Universal on the 25th (one day p2p ticket).

What this means, though, is that we will be out late the night of the 24th at MNSSHP, so doing the EE at Universal on Wed Oct. 25th (which is at 7 a.m....yawn) is probably not going to be possible with travel time and not wanting to have a super cranky year old wizard on my hands. We are typically rope drop people, so I know what we are missing by not getting there at 7 - but in the grand scheme of things, I think it will be better for all involved (us and the people around us...lol).

I'm wondering if you think we might be okay if we arrive at IoA for their opening (9am) and then head straight to HP area and ride FP then take the train over to US to do the other HP stuff there - I'm thinking lots of the EE people from US will probably be there, but that we might do okay with crowds at US...or if we could push ourselves to get to US by 8:00 a.m. will that be a better plan? It's a HHN, so US has reduced hours - not sure if that has the same affect on crowds there as MNSHHP does on MK crowds for party days (they are lower). WWYD if you were us? It looks like it's predicted to be a relatively low crowd day (4 on touring plans; recommended on other sites). Thanks! Our main goal is the HP stuff, but would also like to explore a bit in the two parks as well.

If you're at IOA at opening the EE people will be lining up for the train to get over to HP at that same time. So it shouldn't be filled with EE people yet; you will all be making your respective ways to it at the same time.

If you hit IOA wizarding world, then train and US WW, just be aware that you'll want to go BACK to IOA later on after exploring Studios a bit. If you try to take Studios in a circle then you can train it back to IOA and catch the second "show" on the train (it's different one direction to the other).

If you're at IOA at opening the EE people will be lining up for the train to get over to HP at that same time. So it shouldn't be filled with EE people yet; you will all be making your respective ways to it at the same time.

If you hit IOA wizarding world, then train and US WW, just be aware that you'll want to go BACK to IOA later on after exploring Studios a bit. If you try to take Studios in a circle then you can train it back to IOA and catch the second "show" on the train (it's different one direction to the other).

Thanks! Yes - that would be the plan. To start in IoA HP area, catch train over to US WW and have lunch there, then do a circle around that park (riding a few things) and head back to IoA around 3:30 for the rest of the day (US closes early for HHN). Based on the crowd calendar/projected wait times by Touring Plans, it seems like this will be do-able, but I'm not sure how reliable they are for Universal...and not sure if fall crowds at Universal have been trending up like they have at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter