Flight Sold out...could seats open up in the future?

dtuleya

DIS Veteran
USAir has a good rate $158 from BWI to MCO. The problem is the day I want to fly is "Sold Out" on both their web site and Travelocity. Is there anyplace else I could check for that price and that date? If we fly out the day before we'll be spending more money then we'd be saving. Is it possible that some more of those seats could open up in the future? We never fly, so I'm really bad at this "when to buy airfare" game. Since it's a holiday travel week, I'm sort of nervous about waiting too long. I'd like to check into Airtran, but their rates for the month before us are really high!

TIA!

Did you try calling USair to see if they have seats at that fare on that date or another...

I don't think that if seats open up that offer them at the restricted fare again...

If the entire plane is sold out now, it is doubtful that any seats at the lowest fare will ever be offered on that flight.

If just the lowest fare group of seats is sold out there is a fair chance additional seats at that fare may be offered, but you would have to check back frequently.

More Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Did you try pricing the flights on travelocity no matter what the price was. If in that case, it shows sold out you may be out of luck! You don't say what day, but I know some holiday seats sell out fast and it is harder to get discounts. When are you flying?

I'll be flying out the Friday before Thanksgiving. I am so upset. I've been checking airfare everyday for Airtran and I missed them releasing their November schedule. Of course, all their good rates are sold out for the day I want to fly out. The best they could do for me is $416/pp roundtrip. They have got to be kidding!

I already added another night on the beginning of our room ressie at WL so I can play with our flights and maybe leave the Thursday before Thanksgiving. I'm having no problems with return flights (Friday after) only with the departing flight.

I'm trying to debate whether or not to go ahead and book the flight (I have found anywhere between $200-$255/pp) or wait and see if any specials come out. Any suggestions? I've been trying different airlines, flights and days and everything with a good price is sold out. I hate to wait too long and end up paying more!

Usually if US Air's web site says it's "SOLD OUT", it's actually oversold, so you DON'T want to book that flight even if seats open.

Have you looked into other options? Reagan National? Dulles? (I know :::::shudder::::: ) Depending on where you live, PHL and Harrisburg might also be options.

Anne

Harrisburg would be our next choice, but most of their flights are sold out also and they some horrible connecting flights (Detroit, JFK, Cincinnatti). We're actually between the two, but of course, BWI has more flights and the only two airlines with non-stop flights (Southwest and Airtran). I think we're just going to end up leaving a day earlier and what we save on our flight will just go for another nights stay at the WL. Unfortunately we'll be spending more on food, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter