Flights over Grand Canyon

lojo

Mouseketeer
We'd like to take a helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon, but most of the comments from people who've done this refer to trips starting out in LV. Any recommendations from anyone who has flown from GC? There are so many choices to make - which trip gives the best experience?

I don't think it's possible to do this, but if you don't ask...... Can you take a helicopter trip from LV one way, then hire a car which will be returned five days later in LV? I've read that rentals aren't possible from GC.

TIA

There is no real big city near the Grand Canyon. The biggest City I think would be Flag Staff about an hour South/East. There are smaller towns like Williams but Im not sure how big that place is or if they have rental cars there. Maybe check the internet for Williams, AZ and see if you find anything. (Williams is still a half hour or so from the Grand Canyon)

I have only taken an airplane trip over the grand canyon once and it started in Sedona Arizona (BTW a beautiful place in its own right!) Sedona is maybe a 2 hour drive to the Grand Canyon. Ive never done Vegas to the Grand Canyon before. Maybe instead of looking at tour companies in Vegas find a charter company to get you to Flagstaff and rent a car there?

Are you going to want to be on the ground at Grand Canyon and do you have the time to spend two days on seeing the Grand Canyon? If so, take the air tour from Grand Canyon. The Las Vegas based tour is designed more for folks who don't have more than an afternoon available or who don't want to see anything much more than a flyover.

I love the Grand Canyon, but have never flown over it except in a passenger jet. But I have been down in it two or three times a year. And I will be there again in 10 days, on my way back home from Disneyland. :)

Good advice from both of you, thanks for replying.

We will be staying in LV for two nights, then spending two nights at the Grand Canyon (moving on to Monument Valley, Page, Bryce, Zion and back again to LV, before flying to SF). We really wanted to avoid the long drive from LV to GC but have decided that it's probably the best option.

Any general advice (from personal experience) about how to get the best out of our visit. While it's possible that we may come again, it's most likely that this will be a once only visit, so we would like to feel that we made the best of our time there (and everywhere else we visit). Bear in mind that we're not spring chickens and don't want to go on long hikes (two/three hours at a time max).

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter