Flights to East Coast USA Q?...

viaggiamo

Mouseketeer
Hi
for our last two trips to the USA we have stayed on the West Coast, but this next trip we have to be in Atlanta.

What flight combinations/airlines do you fly to do this? I know the BNE/SYD-LAX plus an internal flight, but just wondered if there was another option not via LAX?

Have google flights but thought I'd ask some gurus instead...:D:flower1::love:

To fly from Brisbane I am only aware of 2 options and that is via lax or a longer option with Hawaiian airlines change in Honolulu and then fly to another American city for example Las Vegas and then another flight to Atlanta. If you leave from Sydney you could fly via San Francisco and change for a flight to Atlanta or Sydney to Dallas then change for Atlanta. Personally i have completed 2 of these from Sydney and recently flew to Atlanta via Dallas. Our family flew Sydney to Dallas with Qantas and then changed planes and went to Atlanta with American Airlines.
We actually flew out on Boxing Day so we could see an NFL game in Atlanta at the start of our trip. Dallas airport was fine to change in although I don't have a major problem with lax at the moment. Atlanta airport was a nightmare when we left on a domestic flight to Orlando. I had told the kids that we would get breakfast at the airport as we were leaving early. We got to the airport and security was a mess the que to go through snaked through the airport and we were not game to leave it to get food in case we missed our flight.
We are a bit anal about arriving early for flights and when we got to our gate we continually heard them calling for passengers who were missing from flights. It is a very busy airport.

We recently flew from Brisbane via Air NZ (so was via a stop and plane change in Auckland) then direct to Houston and changed flights there (had to go through immigration as first US stop) and did the same in reverse. Its another big but fairly easy to navigate airport but you always need to allow enough time to do the interchange. I imagine you could easily match up a flight to Atlanta from Houston with a US carrier if no partners going that route. Just another option.

Cool, thanks guys. It's good to know from people who have actually travelled not via LAX, as the combinations don't come up on the usual search, you have to be really specific. There is also the Tokyo option as well. BNE-Tokyo-NYC and come in from the East coast, this is one I am considering too...

Off to google your suggestions...xo

Put me down as another that likes to fly through San Francisco to the East Coast.

You have plenty of options from the East coast of Aus to avoid LAX, I'm guessing your happy to leave from BNE or SYD?
Some 1 stop options include
Qantas/American Via Dallas
United via San F
Qatar Via Doha
Korean air via Soul

Lots more if you don't mind a 3rd flight too including Cathay, Air new zealand, Hawaiian, Japan as you mentioned, Etihad, Emirates and Air Canada.

Good luck :)

Thanks Peter, you have just made my life sooooo much easier with your breakdown. I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!