Flocks of Lawyers Circling WDW ???

I guess I never really took note of it. The only one that I could remember hearing it almost every time I rode was SE

I'm not sure why they couldn't do what they did on Toy Story, at least for the boat ride - build a little offshoot area that you can load/unload and then sneak back into the main line...

On the other ride, I'm not sure how exactly it runs, but a non-moving platform for wheelchairs in the front could have been considered...maybe that makes it not the same ride experience, but it makes it an experience at all...

Beyond not providing a wheelchair accessible boat for the river ride, it has some major issues. It is entirely lackluster compared to FoP and the rest of the new land as a whole. While pretty, it lacks a strong story or narrative that would make it an interesting, compelling, memorable experience. That ride definitely suffered from budget cuts and it is really unfortunate.

I don't think I've ever seen a boat ride vehicle that tiny before. It makes me think of carnival ride for the ride vehicle. I was completely shocked when I saw how unimpressive it was. Like I was shocked it even floated with its whole two rows filled up with people. I do not see how they could be retrofitted to accommodate a wheelchair at all and have room for anyone else.

I have a family member, my mother, who is in a wheelchair and we have little issue assisting her onto most rides and experiences. She only has one leg. But again, we transfer and assist. As a family, we are consistently appalled at the number of people at WDW claiming disabilities and riding around on massive scooters. They take over a bus, and little kids wait in the rain for the next bus because Jumbo took three seats and standing room for four more for their power scooter. But watch Jumbo step off the scooter when something doesn't accommodate them. I applaud Disney's plan for transfers rather than accommodating the ever exploding scooter population in this new land, as does my mother, wheelchair bound. (We use the monorail when we can and otherwise bypass the bus system at WDW and call for a taxi so as to get where we are going faster; again the line of Jumbos waiting for the bus usually takes the space for a wheelchair. We also don't want to tie up the world loading, but that's just us.) We've never found any place as reasonable or accommodating as WDW for true disabilities, but life is a balance and we don't want to ruin everyone else's experience. If people would be more reasonable, less demanding, and less self-centered, I think you'll find accommodation abounds. Just my two cents.

I have a family member, my mother, who is in a wheelchair and we have little issue assisting her onto most rides and experiences. She only has one leg. But again, we transfer and assist. As a family, we are consistently appalled at the number of people at WDW claiming disabilities and riding around on massive scooters. They take over a bus, and little kids wait in the rain for the next bus because Jumbo took three seats and standing room for four more for their power scooter. But watch Jumbo step off the scooter when something doesn't accommodate them. I applaud Disney's plan for transfers rather than accommodating the ever exploding scooter population in this new land, as does my mother, wheelchair bound. (We use the monorail when we can and otherwise bypass the bus system at WDW and call for a taxi so as to get where we are going faster; again the line of Jumbos waiting for the bus usually takes the space for a wheelchair. We also don't want to tie up the world loading, but that's just us.) We've never found any place as reasonable or accommodating as WDW for true disabilities, but life is a balance and we don't want to ruin everyone else's experience. If people would be more reasonable, less demanding, and less self-centered, I think you'll find accommodation abounds. Just my two cents.

Add "less judgemental" to that last part and I suggest finding a mirror. Pot, meet kettle.

Because "jumbo?" Seriously? Basing a judgement of whether someone needs an ecv entirely on their weight?

I mean, even your criticism for the fact you've seen an ecv user stand so they can't possibly need one is invalid. My mother is legally disabled. She can dismount that ecv just fine. What she can't do, is walk for miles on end.

Those kids aren't going to melt. And if they can go to a theme park in the rain, they can definitely wait for the bus in the rain. If you argued that your mother has first dibs on the handicapped seating over more ecv users that aren't legally handicapped, I would back you up 100%. But those kids don't have greater claim over that ecv user who may very well need the machine to enjoy a day at the parks with family. My mother's pet peeve is when a woman takes the whole handicapped stall to corral her three toddlers. As a parent she understands, but as someone who is disabled, she can only use that last stall.

I have no words to adequately respond. Well none I will use here.

Can we , at least, add a preemptive requirement that no Star Wars attraction should require 2 hands to enter, secure, or operate such an attraction (since Luke now only has 1 hand)?

He has quite the advanced prosthetic though. I imagine there isn't anything he can't do with that prosthetic and probably some things a person with two real hands can't.

I have no words to adequately respond. Well none I will use here.

You are so much more restrained than me. I rewrote my response 3 times and feel that I'll still get points for it. Oh well, I like to live on the edge.

And I oddly never get points for stuff I expect anyway...

You had me pretty much in your corner except for the jumbo bit. People's sizes won't tell you what their limitations are. There are probably some that are faking but I doubt that most are.

I've been mostly in a wheelchair since an accident last August and it's hard. This experience has really opened my eyes. I look alright and can walk a bit but I'm far from where I should be. You just never know.

You had me pretty much in your corner except for the jumbo bit. People's sizes won't tell you what their limitations are. There are probably some that are faking but I doubt that most are.

I've been mostly in a wheelchair since an accident last August and it's hard. This experience has really opened my eyes. I look alright and can walk a bit but I'm far from where I should be. You just never know.

Just want to touch on the part of your post that I made bold. I guess I don't see the benefit of faking a disability in which you need to be in a wheelchair/scooter. I walk very fast (working in the restaurant industry for 5 years will do that to you), and while I don't cut people off while they walk, I kind of bob and weave within the crowd. No amount of time saved going to the front of the line, or being the first on a bus is worth the lack of mobility that comes being in a wheelchair/scooter. I've seen people step over wheelchair bound guests feet (like when they are on the wheelchair pads) to get past them. I've pushed my fiancee's nephew around in a stroller. That was a pain, trying to navigate through the crowd with a stroller (and it was a pretty small/compact one).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if guests do fake disabilities to get a wheelchair/scooter, it doesn't even bother me (from a non-moral standpoint). You want to try to navigate through a crowd in one of those things (when you don't have to), be my guest.

My path to avoid any crowd possible usually looks like this*

Family_Circus_-_Billy_Path_4284.JPG

*without being a jerk and jumping over the guys lawnmower, or vaulting over the guys back...c'mon now...

You are so much more restrained than me. I rewrote my response 3 times and feel that I'll still get points for it. Oh well, I like to live on the edge.

And I oddly never get points for stuff I expect anyway...

I really am not restrained,, but all my inner response would do is end the thread.

Its too bad that the River Journey wasn't made wheelchair accessible. Hopefully, it'll be remedied with additional boats in the future.

I can walk all day long, but my balance can still be challenging, so I'm worried about getting on rides like the Haunted Mansion without faceplanting. I feel so much for those that won't get to enjoy the new attractions at all. That said, the land looks beautiful enough to be a wonderful addition to AK, which is a beautifully immersive theme park that can be enjoyed just strolling and rolling:)

because [...]took three seats and standing room for four more for their power scooter.

I took the judgment out of this so that I could respond and focus on my response.

I agree with you that I dislike that bus drivers ask people on scooters to transfer to seats when they've just taken up 3 seats with the scooter. I fully believe that they should be able to remain on the scooter during travel.

When I required the use of a power wheelchair because of MS (and yeah, I was overweight, but I dropped all that weight so I don't think I qualify in your Jumbo category anymore) they forced me to remain in the wheelchair (which was fine cause I couldn't get up anyway) and put a seatbelt on me. This made me laugh because my chair is strapped down and I am belted in to the chair and then I was belted again to the bus. Meanwhile, the 4 year old on the seat in front of me has no restraint.

I also feel that instead of placing the scooters in the middle of the bus, I wish there was a way to load in the back or the front as I believe, imo, this would alleviate some space issues, but with the way the buses work I don't know if that's possible.

It uses the same entrance, but the entrance is not the exit while crowd flow is being controlled.
The exit will be the path the leads to Africa and lets out by FOLK

so lets talk about what's really important.. Where did the harambe smoking section move too since it was using that path :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!