Florida 14 day quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight hijack (maybe?) but does anyone know if the 14-day quarantine applies to Canadians? I know that air travel is not restricted for us to fly to the USA, but I’m not sure what happens after we land!

yes, you wouldn't need to fill out the questionnaire if you're not flying out of those states.
I still find the selected states method (and which ones were selected) very interesting. Someone from Buffalo area has a different risk factor than someone from NYC for example. MA, not on the list, has been hit pretty hard. Of course this isn’t the “debate Floridian politics” thread so I’ll shut up. Hey who wants to talk about masks?? (Ducks out of the way of flying objects)

Yes, i believe as of Thursday evening the 14 day Quarantine rule is still active in Florida from NY, NJ, CT and also LA. They are still meeting planes and making people fill out forms. I have not heard a stop date on this announced yet. I would have thought we would have heard one on Wednesday but they just praised if for being effective and saving lives.

Yes, i believe as of Thursday evening the 14 day Quarantine rule is still active in Florida from NY, NJ, CT and also LA. They are still meeting planes and making people fill out forms. I have not heard a stop date on this announced yet. I would have thought we would have heard one on Wednesday but they just praised if for being effective and saving lives.

Theres no need to lift it right now. They can Technically wait until June 1st to announce that they’re lifting it starting June 3rd and it wouldnt make a difference. They’re not going to lift it until theres big money to be made, and that wont happen Universal opens on the 5th. The mandate isnt a set in stone date, just like the stay at home orders. They’re put in place for dates further in the future so they dont have to continuously change them. They’re able to be lifted the same day he announces it

Louisiana governor was just asked about this at his press conference. Lots of people are heading to the beaches this weekend. He said 1. people probably shouldn't be traveling BUT 2. he thinks Florida should review the numbers from Louisiana and consider lifting the restriction.

What's the latest on international travellers? Surely Brazilians arent going to be allowed in any time soon?

For us Brits, visiting anywhere isnt an option any time soon now with the just announced uk quarantine meaning any of us going out the country will need to quarantine for 14 days on our return.

Louisiana governor was just asked about this at his press conference. Lots of people are heading to the beaches this weekend. He said 1. people probably shouldn't be traveling BUT 2. he thinks Florida should review the numbers from Louisiana and consider lifting the restriction.
No they don't need to lift it till after this weekend, I am traveling the beach and don't want it too be that crowded. ;)

What's the latest on international travellers? Surely Brazilians arent going to be allowed in any time soon?

For us Brits, visiting anywhere isnt an option any time soon now with the just announced uk quarantine meaning any of us going out the country will need to quarantine for 14 days on our return.
As you can see from here only people who have been in China, Iran, Schengen area of Europe, UK or Ireland in the last 14 days are banned from entering the United States. There was chatter a couple days ago maybe the US should add Brazil/South America to that list but nothing has come of that at this point.

(whether this is dumb or smart, we can't discuss that here on the DIS)

Slight hijack (maybe?) but does anyone know if the 14-day quarantine applies to Canadians? I know that air travel is not restricted for us to fly to the USA, but I’m not sure what happens after we land!

The US-Canada border is closed to all non-essential travel until at least June 22. Tourism is considered non-essential by both US and Canada in the mutual agreement to close the border.

The US-Canada border is closed to all non-essential travel until at least June 22. Tourism is considered non-essential by both US and Canada in the mutual agreement to close the border.
Interestingly, this applies only to land border crossings into the USA from Canada. There is no restriction on tourism travel by air to the USA from Canada, but it’s not the same coming into Canada (i.e., Canada will not allow non citizens to travel here by air for any non-essential reasons).

It’s all over our local news b/c a lot of ppl from here travel to the FL beaches during the summer. A lot of ppl from here also own condos & beach houses there too. Ppl are very angry about this especially since our numbers have peaked in April.

Hi, you've got the answers already but I will give you a breakdown, I worked at the airport with the Fl health dept doing these screenings, if they are in fact still in effect when you come this is what will happen:
you get a questionnaire on the plane and fill it out before you leave the plane. You fill out your name, address, flight number, if you are here on business or pleasure or you live here. If you are visiting you need to give your flight number for your return trip, if you don't have that just leave it blank. Then you must provide an address and phone number for where you will be staying. Then you sign and date
National guard will check your details and then another person gives you a paper reminding you of symptoms to look for and telling you, you must self isolate for the next 14 days, they tell you to go straight from the airport to wherever you are staying
Someone will call you several times during the 2 weeks to check up on you
If you are due to leave before the 14 days, that's fine
NOW
this is on a "trust" system. The state of Fl is trusting everyone will self isolate. If you are caught not self isolating there is a fine, but they really can't track you other than the phone call
I agree that this will probably lift before parks open
yes, you wouldn't need to fill out the questionnaire if you're not flying out of those states.

Good Early Morning Everyone,

Can anyone confirm this is accurate? We live in NJ and are flying from PA and my interpretation of the mandate is that it’s based on where you live AND where you are flying from.

Good Early Morning Everyone,

Can anyone confirm this is accurate? We live in NJ and are flying from PA and my interpretation of the mandate is that it’s based on where you live AND where you are flying from.
I won't answer your question since you obviously doubt what i say, but since you did tag 2 of my post i thought i would come and say hello :)
Hopefully someone who has flown can give you another first hand account
For up to date views on this executive order you can go to visitflorida.com

I won't answer your question since you obviously doubt what i say, but since you did tag 2 of my post i thought i would come and say hello :)
Hopefully someone who has flown can give you another first hand account
For up to date views on this executive order you can go to visitflorida.com

Sorry to sound like I’m doubting you which I don’t. However there is some mixed info out there and I would rather more then one perspective/experience to go off of.

What I question (and I don’t mean you), is the logic behind not having to quarantine if we are from these specific states just because we crossed a bridge and flew out of a different state. We are still as likely in that case to be carriers as not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter