Florida resident 3day trip

Kimala1960

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. Hubby and I just got back home from doing 3 days of parks using the Discover Disney special. We stayed two nights at All Star Sports. The week leading up to our little getaway brought much anxiety because of the weather reports. I totally expect a rain shower everyday, usually around 3 pm as that is the norm here in Florida. But this was more of a stalled tropical system so I had a fear that it may rain all day and night. Fortunately, that is not what happened. Although the rain was stronger then normal, we woke up every morning to sunshine that lasted till at least 2:30 each day!

A little about us: We are Florida residents and live about 2 hours SW of Disney in Bradenton. We are 62 and 58 years young. We usually alternate one year visiting Universal and one year Disney. Our last visit to Disney we didnt do Magic Kingdom so this year I wanted that to be part of our trip. So what we did was::

Day 1::Wednesday, 5/16 Woke up at home, drove to Disney allstar sports, arrived at All Star by 10 AM. We had previously stayed at POp Century and although I really liked it, I didnt like the double beds as we are used to a king. I understand that they have refurbed Pop and put in queens but by the time I booked our trip I couldnt get anything except All Star Sports. Anyways I asked if they could get us a king bed and they said yes but the room wasnt readdy yet..No problem as we were wanting to go to the MK.
We really enjoyed MK. The HIGHLIGHTS were, Hall of Presidents. The clam chowder at Columbia Harbour House, The 7 dwarf mine train(which I couldnt score FP for..but ended up getting on after hours as they had EMH at night for that day.

Day 2:: Thursday, 5/17 woke hubby up earlier then he wanted..LOL, we did Hollywood studios. This used to be my husbands favorite park, but no longer we were VERY dissapointed in this park. We didnt jave park hopper but if we did we would have left after our 3rd FP at 2 ish. The only reason we stayed as it is was because I wanted to see Fantasmic, which was great! The HIGHLIGHTS: TOWER OF TERROR! , 50s diner..best meal of the trip, we split the fried chicken dinner and I-got a cheesecake desert yum! Fantasmic!

Day 3:: orriginally I planned this day for Animal kingdom because they had EMH opening the park at 8AM and since I didnt plan far enough in advance to score a FP for FOP(flight of passage in Pandora) my idea was we would do rope drop...I claim temporary insanity for that plan as, we are an older couple and my husband was using his ECV as he has trouble walking distance. ..Anyways we thought better of that and decided if we didnt make it onto FOP big deal we would make it another time. ...We did score some great FP though, EVEREST, KILLAMEJARO SAFARI, and Navi River...HIGHLIGHTS::

FLIGHT OF PASSAGE! Thats right we didnt get FP, didnt risk death by tramplling at rope drop..once we did everything we wanted we checked and the wait was 110..we said what the heck, lets wait..well, it started raining and the wait dropped to 90 minutes so we put on our pochos and umbrellasa and got in line..So glad we did, it was sooooo beautiful!!! It sounds silly but it made me tear up it was that pretty and awesome!

DO FOP EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WAIT.
I Want to add if you use an ECV you can ride it all the way up the ramps to the ride we didnt know so hubby walked the whole line and was hurting.

The other highlight was the Safari..the driver sugested that everyone try it at night if they get a chance so we did and we saw a beautiful sight on that 2nd trip, a hugh majestic male lion laying on the tallest boulder and 3 females laying likewise around him...so awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter