Flounder's reef

gator287

Mouseketeer
What are your experiences with Flounder's Reef for nursery services. We will be taking our baby on the ship next May. She will be eight months old then and we wanted your feedback.

Thanks
Suzy:D :D

Hi Suzy,

We used flounder's nursery when we cruised in August of 2002. OUr dd was 15 months old. She seem to enjoy the place. We were on a 3 day cruise and we used it every night during dinner time. ONce you board the ship on the navigator they will let you know what time the nursery is open for "open house". You can go and see the place and then, sign up for your time slots. They had told us that we might not get all the times we wanted. It just depended on how many people signed up. Anyways, we got all our times. The place is really nice. NOt huge but nice. It had rocking chairs, cribs, changing tables and age appropriate disney toys. They don't feed your kid while there so, you have to feed them prior to arriving. But food isn't hard to find between room service and plutos. They do give bottles and sippy cups. You provide the diapers and wipes. You receive a pager in case they need to get a hold of you. We'll be going on the 7 day in May and my dd will now be almost 3 years old. So, if she isn't potty trained we'll have to use the flounders. The staff was great and I felt like I really could trust them. Many of them had children of their own back home. I really like the group babysitting concept, too. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

Tina

I thought it was really great for the younger kids...my daughter who was almost 3 wanted nothing to do with it and said they had "baby toys" in there and nothing for her but for your daughters age it would be great.

We just returned from a 3 day - and could not possibly say enough good things about Flounders. It was the first time I had left DS ( 21 months) in the care of anyone other than DH and my sister - and we both did great!!!!

I brought him in the second night of the cruise in his pj's fully expecting to find him fast asleep when I returned two hours later....nope - he was having a grand time....we sat and played for a while longer....made me realize he missed his toys....

We then left him on board for Castaway Cay - from 1 to 4. I was worried about leaving the ship - but he slept almost the whole time. When we got there and it was time to leave the nursery - he cried...

I was very, very impressed at the level of care and attention that was given to all the children....the CM's that take care of ALL the kids in the clubs and nursery (I noticed that they switched around) are truely second to none.

Have a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter