Fluidity in Reservations with the New Modification Function

I was wondering what people thought might be the result of the new modification function with bookings for DVC. Will this increase the non-home resort bookings at the 7 month mark from someones home resort, since now you don't have to cancel your reservation to book another resort at the 7 month mark, thus loose your current reservation. Seems like a great upgrade to the current system, but I wonder what the impacts to the membership will be?

I wasnt aware of this new feature. Thank you. I have two waitlists and a confirmed week stay. I also stalk the RAT. So, if I see something open are you saying that i should click on my current ressie and modify? I can do this without loosing or canceling if the days disappear before Im able to grab them? If so, wow and thanks. I thought I would have to cancel my current reservation and hold my breath hoping the week would still be available and I just found out this morning from a question I posted just anout this about using two different browsers, one to cancel and one to grab that it no longer works.

Thank you!

Last edited:
We have a reservation for BRV in May. At the 7 month window we would like to change the reservation to another resort, but we want to move the dates back into April, so instead of May 4-11 we want April 28- May8. Is this something that we can modify online? Thanks!

Yes you can do that without problems. You just make sure you are within your 7 months window of the new dates you wish to book.

I wasnt aware of this new feature. Thank you. I have two waitlists and a confirmed week stay. I also stalk the RAT. So, if I see something open are you saying that i should click on my current ressie and modify? I can do this without loosing or canceling if the days disappear before Im able to grab them? If so, wow and thanks. I thought I would have to cancel my current reservation and hold my breath hoping the week would still be available and I just found out this morning from a question I posted just anout this about using two different browsers, one to cancel and one to grab that it no longer works.

Thank you!

Yes the new booking engine allows you to hold your current reservation until you have booked the new dates.

So no need to use the two browsers method anymore, which also does not work any longer :-)

Yes the new booking engine allows you to hold your current reservation until you have booked the new dates.

So no need to use the two browsers method anymore, which also does not work any longer :-)
I have read about the new feature, but not used it yet. Sounds like a great improvement!:thumbsup2:cheer2:

Does anyone know how the new modify feature works with a guaranteed week reservation? Does that mean you could now go in and modify a guaranteed week reservation online and essentially cancel the excess points used without calling MS? For example, if the week gets booked and you decide to drop 2 days from the reservation, can you do that online and it will release the points for those 2 days plus the point premium since it won't be a guaranteed week reservation anymore?

Does anyone know how the new modify feature works with a guaranteed week reservation? Does that mean you could now go in and modify a guaranteed week reservation online and essentially cancel the excess points used without calling MS? For example, if the week gets booked and you decide to drop 2 days from the reservation, can you do that online and it will release the points for those 2 days plus the point premium since it won't be a guaranteed week reservation anymore?

As I haven’t got any guaranteed weeks my best bet is that you can only cancel not modify to remove or add days.

Yes you can do that without problems. You just make sure you are within your 7 months window of the new dates you wish to book.
Thank you! I have one more question. The points used to make the May 4th reservation are borrowed, so obviously I want to use those sam points to make the April 28th reservation. Is that possible with the modify feature? Thanks!!!

Thank you! I have one more question. The points used to make the May 4th reservation are borrowed, so obviously I want to use those sam points to make the April 28th reservation. Is that possible with the modify feature? Thanks!!!

Yes with the new modification feature you can also choose which points to use. System will however always choose to use borrowed and banked points first. You can choose another way to use your points if you can’t accept what the systems suggest.

If you at a later points want to redo it you can also do that online.

Yes with the new modification feature you can also choose which points to use. System will however always choose to use borrowed and banked points first. You can choose another way to use your points if you can’t accept what the systems suggest.

If you at a later points want to redo it you can also do that online.
Thanks!

Thank you. What a great new feature. Now if they can only improve MDE!!!
Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!