Flying to Orlando - Which airline?

Chol

Mouseketeer
Hi All

So who flies with who? I have done Qantas in the past with just 2 of us but looking at taking 3 kids as well (all adult fare) so wondering, what route, what airline, what price, how far ahead do you book to get the best deal? 😊

Sometimes higher price is better compared to a crazy itinerary so interested to know. We fly from BNE, so usually do BNE-LAX-MCO.

We have always flown out of Sydney to Dallas then Orlando. I had a quick look and you are limited to Qantas if you only want to do one change. The problem may be at the end of this there may be less airlines to choose from. I actually find changing planes in Dallas less stressful than LAX.
The last time we went the Qantas plane was running late ( apparently that is very common) and as we walked down from the plane our new boarding passes for a latter flight to Orlando were waiting.

We have always flown out of Sydney to Dallas then Orlando. I had a quick look and you are limited to Qantas if you only want to do one change. The problem may be at the end of this there may be less airlines to choose from. I actually find changing planes in Dallas less stressful than LAX.
The last time we went the Qantas plane was running late ( apparently that is very common) and as we walked down from the plane our new boarding passes for a latter flight to Orlando were waiting.

Yeah LAX is not my fav 😂 but convenient if I connect with AA due to the walkbridge from the international terminal. I was going to do the new BNE-Chicago route in October but now that is up in the air.

I usually always do Virgin Australia, and then whoever they code sharing with to get to Orlando. I actually enjoy getting a 1 night stop over in an airport hotel at LAX and getting on the little shuttle that goes around the shops and whatnot around LA. I much more enjoy arriving in Orlando late afternoon so my hotel is ready when I get there.

However (depending on how this all turns out) I was definitely looking into Air New Zealand this time for their sky couches.

I gave AirNZ a go a few years back and actually got a seat with a SkyCouch for free somehow.

Unfortunately I didn't really find it that good. Tiny seats, long layover in NZ, SkyCouch was nice but would have been mad if I had paid they money they were asking for it, hardly any snacks during flight.

My wife was asked if she wanted meat or salad dish. Said salad, so they just removed the meat dish and left the tiny salad that came with the meat. We sat there staring at it for a minute wondering if that just actually happened LOL NZ airport had no free internet as well, not sure if that has changed though.

We may have had a bad experience but it was a lot in one trip so didn't try again.

If you fly United domestically you have to pay extra to sit together, we didn't realise this and our 8 year old was given a seat allocation on his own, it was a mad scramble to swap with people once we boarded.

If you fly United domestically you have to pay extra to sit together, we didn't realise this and our 8 year old was given a seat allocation on his own, it was a mad scramble to swap with people once we boarded.

Wow, that happened to us but I thought it was just us. Fortunately our daughter was 18 and in the seat in front of us. But was still a bit uncomfortable for the LAX to MCO leg. I did QF AA last trip and loved the access bridge in LAX from TBIT to AAs gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!