"fold down" bed at Port Orleans Riverside?

Bethany Jensen

Queenie23
Hi! First post/thread. Making plans for April 2019 and have two children, male (will be 8) female (will be 12). Both are 99th% height and weight, and need separate sleeping arrangements. Anyone have actual experience with fold down bed at Port Orleans? WDW staff said there is no weight restriction on bed but looking for someones real life experience. Is my linebacker sized son going to fit? He sleeps very nicely in a twin bed at home. There is NO rolling bed/cot option.
Thanks! :)

My 14yo daughter slept on the murphy bed with no problem - granted she is only 5'2". My 17yo son (5'10") slept on it for 1 night and didn't complain too much!

The fold out is only slightly larger than a crib mattress.

I would bring along a blow up mattress.

My oldest, now 10, is tall for her age at just under 5ft and slept on it just fine with room to spare. I think I could have slept on it if I had to (I'm 5'4")

The beds are listed as 66" x 31". An ok size if the sleeper is not someone who moves around much.

Just my 2 cents... I'm 5'4'' and average body size. I was able to sleep on the murphy bed one night, but I wouldn't say that it was particularly comfortable. My children all took turns sleeping on the murphy bed (7,10,12), but they all were pretty miserable about it. The mattress is quite thin and the width makes it a little harder if you are a person of the "toss and turn" variety. That said, it's probably fine for a couple of nights. For a week, maybe it's less palatable. Not sure what the full make up is of your family or what is comfortable for you, but I'll tell you what we did to solve the problem of dissatisfaction. On a longer trip, we just rotated. Each child would end up on the murphy bed every 3 days. The rest of the days, we just tried to split up with one child and one parent in each of the Queen beds. I know that won't work for every family, but it worked for us!

Just returned from an alligator bayou room at POR. The fold down bed was much larger than I was expecting from things I'd read here. I'm an average sized adult woman, about 5'6" and tried laying in it. While my feet hung off, I think someone my size could even use it if they tend to curl up when they sleep. My kids loved it and took turns sleeping in it. My average sized 12-year-old fit no problem. I'd imagine your 8-year-old will surely fit with room to spare.

It's much narrower and shorter than a standard twin bed. Maybe 66" long and 32" wide.

Your linebacker son will probably not fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!