Food allergies and adjustments at CS

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the restaurant board, but hoped I could get more help here. Thanks!!

How easy is it to have them made food adjustments for counter service restaurants? I'm thinking of Pizza Planet-- pizza with no sauce and only light cheese. Yes, I know that's just dough and cheese, but can they do it or is the pizza premade. Our DD6 is started to outgrow many of her allergies, but DDalmost2 has more than we can count.

depends upon the restuarant.

I am allergic to pepper. BIG PROBLEM - lately every chef wants to put pepper on everything - even the salads.... I eat hamburgers alot....

tell them upfront exactly what your children are allergic too....

there is a phone number that is surpose to help.

I gave up long ago - I stay in timeshares with kitchens or at least a kitchennett. WDW has the DVC timeshares - a studio would be similar to what you are paying at CSR, if you rent points from a DVC member - a value resort would be less.

My 4 yr old is allergic to peanut/tree nut and is also a type 1 diabetic. Here is a link to our trip report from last summer that has the contact info on it for Brenda Bennett of MK foods who can email you a list of CS and cart items that would be ok or to avoid for your children: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=818591&highlight=peanut+allergy+diabetic

We avoided most CS places but did eat at a few. I mostly had to work around what they had that he could eat rather than the other way around. The table service places are the opposite - they are very willing to help you out. You should note the allergies on any ADR's you make and call about a week beforehand (they'll give you the #) to discuss the issues with them. Then when you arrive you talk to the chef.

Sounds like your 2 yr old has many allergies so you might find CS to be challenging. I've also had offers from the CS place in the hotel (at CSR) to make a boxed lunch that would be safe for William - and take that to the park. Or pack your 2 yr. old's lunch and just bring it in a small cooler and some snacks. We usually brought some things we knew he'd eat in case we couldn't find them to buy (yogurt, chips, etc.).

Let me know if you have any other questions - happy to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter