Food and Wine festival

TravelGrl

Mouseketeer
We recently went to Disneyworld and absolutely loved the dining plan. It was one of the best choices we made on our trip.

Now we are considering going again for the Food and Wine festival and with that I am not sure if we should get the dining plan.

Any suggestions from past F&W attendees?

Thanks,

We used the Dining Plan last year during F&W and are planning to do the same this year. It may not be worthwhile to choose the plan if you're planning on doing any of the "hard-ticket" events like Party for the Senses because you probably wouldn't have time (or room in your stomach) to use all your credits. ;) But we just wanted to go for the kiosks (which last year you could use your snack credits for - a HUGE unexpected bonus for us). We did two days of lunch at the kiosks and still had a TS meal for dinner each night. We ended up with an extra CS credit at the end of the trip because we weren't eating breakfast every day but we still came out way ahead money wise.

This year we plan to spend even more time in Epcot and skip one TS night, and do a 2-credit meal at a Signature restaurant instead.

All in all, we were HUGE fans of both the F&W Festival and the Dining Plan and it's pretty set that this will be a yearly tradition for us.

Have you been to the Food and Wine Festival before? I might be in the minority, but we didn't love it. We sampled lots of things, but it was just OK for us. Nothing I would have to do again. We eat at a lot of different ethnic restaraunts at home, though. Personally, I would go for the Disney magic myself.

Is there a full list somewhere of all the samples offered last year? We are going with the dining plan this October! :banana:

Someone please PLEASE tell me that the Australian Shrimp on the Barbie is included?? Please? It's never pretty to see a grown woman beg LOL... We'll have at least 20 snack credits, this will make a great day of eating!

Hope someone has experience from last year!

TIA....

Are the snack credits good for all the samples or just the ones that cost $2.50 or less?

wdwdreamin said:
Are the snack credits good for all the samples or just the ones that cost $2.50 or less?

We went last Oct and had the Dining Plan - so we used our snack credits at Epcots Food and Wine FEst booths, there was a "menu board" outside of the food booths listing the items, and next to the prices if it had a "DP" in a box, it was included as a snack...

For us, I didnt look at the prices, but at what we wanted, we were 'snacking' around the world, we had the cheese soup, salmon, shrimp on the barb ee... it was all good, I cant even begin to remember it all!! :rotfl2:

just looked at Deb's site from the link above, I know we had the shrimp on the Barbie, Salmon at Canada (#3.50) and some kind of sushi, all with DP credits, they have them listed at over $2.50 - BUT I do remember not everything that was at a booth was included in the DP - so maybe dh did pay out of pocket?? :confused3

We also went in October to the Food & Wine Festival on the Dining Plan. We were surprised and delighted to be able to use our snack credits for the food at the various kiosks. Not only were we able to use them for snacks over $2.50, we "saved" them for the more expensive foods and paid OOP for some of the less expensive samples.
We basically used our CS credits for lunch at the Parks. We used our TS credits for a nice sit down dinner at night.
We ate TS at Morocco for lunch one day and our dinner that night was the kiosks. We saved that days TS credit for The Yachtsmen Steakhouse - 2 credits - one night.
We also "noshed around the world" during a couple of other days.
I saved our receipts and we (3 Adults) saved over $450 between what we ate and what the Dining Plan cost us. We felt we had a nice balance.
Hope this Helps.

wdwdreamin said:

Last year you could use the snack credits for ALL the food items, even the more expensive ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter