Food and Wine

Considering heading down in 2018 during Food and Wine Festival. My question is if you've done it, is it worth it?

Considering heading down in 2018 during Food and Wine Festival. My question is if you've done it, is it worth it?

So worth it! I even went to Food and Wine Festival for my first solo trip in 2013. Wasn't lonely at all. Sharing tables and benches I met a bunch of nice people. There's so much to do. I'm going again this year. Try to book a few food or beverage seminars. They are only $15 each for Disney Vacation Club members on weekdays. Regular price is $17 which you will pay on the weekend. Enjoy.

Yes, worth it. I stayed at beach club and walked to Epcot everyday to try something different. Can't wait to go back.

I do it every year so for me, yes, it's worth it. I go for anywhere from 4 nights to 6 nights and spend a part of every day there. I book a few of the little beverage seminars, a few culinary demos and one food and wine pairing meal. All my meals except breakfast come from F&W the entire trip.

Yes, we've gone every year for the last 10 years and loved it. We're considering taking a break next year, just because of so many other vacation plans, but when people start talking about it, I doubt I can stay away.

If you want to avoid some of the crowds, go during the week and try to go before 4-5pm. I went a couple of years ago and loved it. I can't wait to go back again!!

Skipping this year due to operation, but I intend to go next year! Love the food demonstration with tasting!

Love those too, although this year they aren't serving wine with it, I'm guessing just water.
Oh, did not know that, since I have not even wanted to look at what I am missing! Now I will be prepared for 2018's. Thanks.

We really enjoy it. Honestly I'm more of a sit down & enjoy a full meal kind of guy which is pretty much the antithesis of what F&W is. However when the weather is nice and it's not too crowded (no nights/weekends) it's fun. If you're the kind of person who thinks "I paid $7 and I got three bites of food" kinda person, F&W is not for you. :)

Love it! The only way I get my European-raised, non-Disney-loving DH to WDW is for Food and Wine. I went solo some many times and came home raving about how much fun I had and the wonderful dishes I ate, that he finally decided to join me. We make no ADRs, and eat lunch dinner, snack, late night snack etc at Epcot.

We go every year! It's such a great festival, probably my favorite that Disney offers. My favorite part is - wait for it - the food! Surprising, I know:duck:

If you are trying to book BWV at the 11 month mark I would advise you skip Food & Wine. I only suggest this because we own there and book F&W every year. We just want less competiton for rooms. :smooth:

I love it.

I am glad that they have expanded the spring time Flower and Garden festival into a mini F&W by adding food kiosks. That is pretty worthwhile also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter