Food budget

This truly depends on where and how you are eating. In all of my (abundant) research, it seemed pretty well agreed upon that Aulani's food is not a highlight of the resort, especially with how much you pay for it. We have pretty high standards for expensive meals, so we skipped eating at Aulani for all meals except for one....the character breakfast at Makahiki that was thrown in for free with our package. Out of all the Disney restaurants I have eaten at over the years (lots!), that was among the least impressive food wise, and definitely the least impressive character wise. It all was just very bland and ordinary in every aspect.

We just went to Costco and loaded up on options to eat at the villa. I brought a food plan ahead of time. That saved a TON of money. I can't remember right off how much we spent on food, but it was far, far, far less than eating out every day (if you do go that route, I suggest the Monkey Pod across the street. We had a great meal there one night! I could have eaten there 3 or 4 more times if money was no object.)

Last time we went to Aulani we went with another family and did quite a few meals in the room (we had a 2-bedroom) so for sure saved a lot in restaurant expenses! We also did the character breakfast at makahiki and had some quick service from Ulu Cafe. The taco place across the street was good too!

I don't have a set budget. But I'm conscious. We don't buy at Costco (no membership) only Safeway or alike, so not much of a savings there. We brought oatmeal, pasta, spices and cereal from home (or anything dry and portable). We buy grocery for lunch usually because we're always by the pool and don't want to order. We'll hit Monkey Pod for happy hour a day or 2, or get sushi for dinner, or just cook whatever we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter