Food question at meals

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
How adaptable are the meals on the ships? For example, if I or my dd don't like artichokes with the chicken at the Captain's Gala, can it be made without the artichokes? Or the goats cheese that I saw on one of the entrees? Things like that. Are they good about adapting a food if you don't like an ingredient on it or in it???? I mean I know some things you can just pick off if it's on it but somethings are done in the sauce, which I understand might be a bit harder - I would think if I didn't want the sauce they would take it off the item.

Your waiters will do everything possible to be sure the food is prepared the way you like it. Sauces and certain ingredients can be left off many dishes. :)

Thanks so much Michelle. The easiest thing for us to do before we leave is to let dd know what there is to eat at these meals. And being able to tell her what we can do with a particular item may help her have a more enjoyable time looking forward to the cruise (her and I are very picky eaters unfortunately). Thanks again.

Keep in mind there is a full children's menu too with all the regular kid-friendly stuff! And adults are welcome to order from the kid's menu, just a kids are welcome to order from the adult menu. You definitely will find something that you like to eat. :)

I follow a special diet for medical reasons. I explained what I wanted to our waiter, and he made sure I was taken care of (mostly sustitutions of veggies for starches). I also ordered multiple appetizers a few times bc that meshed the best with my needs, they were very nice about it. The only time they had me order something different was some sort of seafood/rice dish that turned out to be virtually all rice, so there really wasn't a good way to substitute for it. There was a couple at our table who ordered almost everything plain. So for the most part, you can customize, except for things that are obviously predone, like soup.

:wave: Cupcake

They will work very hard to accomodate any request. Believe me, my ds gave them a run for the money one night! LOL He wanted macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, and pizza!!! Our server brings out three different plates HEAPED with the requested items, and then asked if he wanted MORE!
Also, on the last morning, ds requested a donut and our server, Shawn said they didn't have them in the dining room, then ran off for about 15 mins. He came back with two donuts on a plate! He had run up to Topsiders to get them!
I am a very picky eater too and they really made sure that nothing was wrong with what I got. Shawn tripped over himself to make sure I liked what I picked and wasn't at all put out by having to order things "special" (ie. no sauce etc.)
That said...I don't think you would have any problems at all!

Lisa

Thanks so much for your posts on this. I know I won't starve but I was worried, after looking at the menus, that I might run into a snag with dd and then some of it I was like...eewwwww!!! :) Thanks again - I appreciate it very much!

We just got back sat. and one improvement i noticed was that the food was better and the servers, head waiter were very accomodating. In the past when we wanted two items as entrees, they made us take the entire meal, however, this time they mixed and subsituted things so DH and DS could have exactly what they wanted. our tablemates had a yearning for crabcakes which were not on the menu, but the head waiter said he would arrange for the chef to prepare some for the next evening. The next evening they brought a dozen crabcakes as a side dish for everyone at our table to enjoy. our son often mixed and matched things from several selections on the menu and then subsituted things from the children's menu and there was absolutely no problem. I was very pleased with the food and the service. Barb

I agree they try to accomodate but somethings can't be changed. It seemed like the appetizers tended to be pre-plated, so they couldn't make them without something.

As an example, there was some sort of wrap with avocado spread on it. I don't like avocado, and DD won't eat it so I asked if we could get it without. They said that the wraps were premade, so they couldn't take off the spread. We tried it anyway, and I ate mine, but DD got something different cause she didn't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter