Food storage!

Dollar Tree... they always have either rubbermaid or Betty Crocker with the red lids, they have all different size's, for a buck.. the larger ones are normally just a dollar, the smaller in size normally the more you get...

I love them, they are great for just everyday stuff.. for a lunch bags.... for outdoors activities, I use them on our boat all the time...if you go camping... as well they are great for taking to a party or pot luck... you take them and then the container for the hostess...

I do not suggest freezing in them, or at least for me I haven't had any luck with that... I stick to Ziploc Freezer brands... You can put them in the dish washer as well, I will say after a while they start to get kinda slick feeling... so I just throw them out..

As far as storage in the pantry... I like the ones with the push over handles, I get them at Homegoods... the ones with the push button's really don't do the trick for me...

I do have a abundance of nice spice jars, I do transfer spices into after buying... This a fancy set that I bought myself, different tops, size of jars, and labels... and have added jars over the years... I actually have picked up odds and ends at antique stores, I bought everything my neighbor had when they moved overseas...

Most of the time we are making it at home. I know I can research more, I just thought I would try here- theres another post about what people have done differently lately and it got me thinking...thanks for your help!
I found a storage solution for my homemade bread that works pretty well.... I keep it on my counter on a slotted wood breadboard, and an overturned rubbermaid clear plastic shoebox over it as a cover...this seems to allow enough air (very little) that it doesn't get gummy or go stale too fast, I did some research about bread needing a bit of air flow but not too much,and I didn't want to spend on a breadbox ,so this was my diy solution with stuff I had around the house already. Sitting here looking at a nice gf loaf as I type this....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter