Food store (not Walmart) open late on the way to Universal Hotel?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we generally like to shop at Publix. We arrive at MCO around 8:30pm, I'm thinking by the time we get our luggage and car, it's going to be too late to stop at Publix (I believe they close at 10pm). Any other suggestions on the way to Sapphire-I would like to stop that night, instead of heading out the next day to pick up things. Really just looking for water and some breakfast items. Any suggestions? We stopped at Walmart last year, not doing that again, it was a mad house! If there isn't anything, I guess we would have to wait until the next day. Thanks!

Publix near Universal is open until 11pm, so I would think you will be fine, even if leaving airport around 10pm.

Hi, I just looked it up, is the south Kirkman rd the one you are referring to? They are open until 11! Thank you!

For the Kirkman road store, are you passing universal to get to it from the airport?

And that is why Publix is amazing and continues to be the best store on the planet. I once told a new Florida resident that I would not be surprised if they sold pixie dust and liquid luck.

Ha Ha!! Thanks everyone!! We stopped at Walmart last year at 11pm, and it was a mob scene, just didn't really want to deal with that if we could avoid it! Publix is part of our vacation now, since we live in NY and don't have them!

ok folks...another question, after Sapphire we head to Bay Lake, is the kirkman Road publix the best option to return to on the way to Bay Lake, or a different one to go to?
Thanks again!!

Looking during my lunch time, and I see Publix on W Sand Lake Road, better option?

Wow, We shop at Walmart every week and its fine, especially since almost all have self checkout. Publix is great to shop at but I really don't enjoy paying 30% more for the same things. I have priced it out, it really is 30%.

W. Sand Lake or Kirkman are both fine. Whichever one you want to go to. There's also one up around 5 minutes drive on Universal Blvd, next to the VISTA. Though from RPR, we tend to go to the W. Sand Lake one, Doctor Phillips area. It's usually nice.

Last edited:
Thank you, sounds like w. Sand lake would be a good choice for on the way to bay lake. We have gotten use to Publix while on vacation for our breakfast stuff and goodies! Thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter