Footloose and Fancy Free-Dec 2018, Feb 2019 PTR-12/31-TR Link!

Do I see Illuminations when I plan to be at AK at 7 am the next morning?

• Yes, why sleep at Disney? And the show could be replaced by my next visit!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, get some rest so I can hit AK hard the next day.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Lesley! I don't post much, but I'm enjoying reading your past and current TRs and your PTR. I LOVE your t-shirt designs! I've decided I must have the Sven reindeer one! Is that on etsy or teepublic? I'll be heading down to Disneyland in Dec and it would be perfect!

Now for my votes.

Groot- They're all adorable, but I have to go with #1 because Rocket's included!

Lion King- #1 will probably photograph the best and we all know that's important. Haha!

Stitch- OMG, I love #1! The Mickey lights!

Christmas List- I like them both! #1 would probably look better on a grey background like #2 than white, but I agree, I love the colors!

Shirts 11 & 12- I like #2 and #5! I have a shirt with #5's saying on it, but a completely different design. Love it!

Hi Lesley! I don't post much, but I'm enjoying reading your past and current TRs and your PTR. I LOVE your t-shirt designs! I've decided I must have the Sven reindeer one! Is that on etsy or teepublic? I'll be heading down to Disneyland in Dec and it would be perfect!

Now for my votes.

Groot- They're all adorable, but I have to go with #1 because Rocket's included!

Lion King- #1 will probably photograph the best and we all know that's important. Haha!

Stitch- OMG, I love #1! The Mickey lights!

Christmas List- I like them both! #1 would probably look better on a grey background like #2 than white, but I agree, I love the colors!

Shirts 11 & 12- I like #2 and #5! I have a shirt with #5's saying on it, but a completely different design. Love it!
Thanks! The Sven one was definitely etsy:. https://www.etsy.com/listing/569016631/santas-reindeer-baseball-raglan-shirts
There are also some that say "Reindeer are better than people" with a Sven outline, but I sort of like the unexpected-ness of this one!

Shirt 8: Lion King. Another I'm not sure about at all! I don't know how I feel about a big warthog on my chest for #1, but #3 seems too subtle?
lion-king-png.345730
I kind of like the subtleness of #3.

Shirt 10: Christmas List. Can't decide again! I like the colors for #1, but for some reason #2 has a simplicity that draws me in.
xmas-list-png.345727
Hmmm. that is tough. I like 1 & 2 for these. I think it is the type font at the top of #2 that draws you in. But I think I like #1 better. I like candy canes!

Jimmy gave his input, so all the votes are his :)

Shirt 7: Groot. I really don't know about this one! #3 is super cute, but I like Rocket in #1.
groot-png.345729
#1 Rocket

#3 Simba the red nosed reindeer

#1 Stitch the red nosed reindeer

#3 with the 7 dwarfs

#3 and #6 are Jimmy's pics. I really like #4 (I actually have that one with green sleeves!) and #8

Shirt 7: Groot. I really don't know about this one! #3 is super cute, but I like Rocket in #1.
groot-png.345729

I like 1! I actually saw that while I was looking for the Christmas sweater I got and almost got that one.

Shirt 8: Lion King. Another I'm not sure about at all! I don't know how I feel about a big warthog on my chest for #1, but #3 seems too subtle?
lion-king-png.345730

I like 2 a lot.

Shirt 9: Stitch. I'm leaning towards #1 because it's adorable!
stitch-png.345726

1 is really cute!

Shirt 10: Christmas List. Can't decide again! I like the colors for #1, but for some reason #2 has a simplicity that draws me in.
xmas-list-png.345727

2 is my favorite.

So, that leaves Shirts 11-12, so I have to narrow this down to 2 options. I'm leaning towards #1 and #2...but still undecided!
other-png.345724

I like 6 & 7.

I’ve enjoyed your trip reports - I’m always interested to read about fellow west coast DL vets’ first WDW experiences. Perhaps we’ll bump into you at AKL since we arrive the same day and, like you, are planning to hop in the FOP line near closing time after eating in the park at either Nomads or Satuli arrival night. I’m always hesitant to make ADRs for arrival day since traveling in winter - even non stop - from the west coast can be subject to dreaded air traffic weather delays :(
We also have Boma scheduled for night 2, although I may switch that to later in the week when my brother and his wife join us as they’ve never eaten there.

I’ve enjoyed your trip reports - I’m always interested to read about fellow west coast DL vets’ first WDW experiences. Perhaps we’ll bump into you at AKL since we arrive the same day and, like you, are planning to hop in the FOP line near closing time after eating in the park at either Nomads or Satuli arrival night. I’m always hesitant to make ADRs for arrival day since traveling in winter - even non stop - from the west coast can be subject to dreaded air traffic weather delays :(
We also have Boma scheduled for night 2, although I may switch that to later in the week when my brother and his wife join us as they’ve never eaten there.
Yeah, maybe we will! But my schedule did get adjusted - of course the airline cancelled my earlier flight and rebooked me on the next flight a couple hours later. Which means no time to get to AK that evening... So I'll be doing Boma/relax in lobby on arrival night, then FoP the next night. But if you recognize me, come and say hi!

Update 8/28 - Changes galore!

Thanks everyone for the shirt input! I'll let you guys know what I finally end up going with!

And obviously, since it's been so long since I posted a schedule update, there has been A LOT of changes!

giphy.gif

Lets start at the beginning:

December Trip

Unfortunately Raeven and I had to cut back on the amount of times we'd be hanging out. Just typical schedule changes! That does mean cutting Ohana, Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and tea at the Grand Floridian - I just don't feel like doing those alone. The Edison got cut when Raeven realized they only do the show on Thursday-Saturday nights, and we were going to do it on a Monday (though still adjusting schedule and we may actually do this after all)...

Day 1 (Nov 29) - Arrival

Plans: For the third trip in a row, my flight into Orlando has been delayed... Literally every trip, and also every trip has been with a different airline! So, yet again, I will not be going to a park on arrival day. :sad: My flight was delayed to arrive at 6:30pm. Animal Kingdom closes at 8pm. IF, I arrived on time, and IF I paid for an Uber directly to AK, then maybe I could make it in time to hop in the FoP queue before park close. But, that would basically mean I couldn't get a proper table service dinner, and it would just be too stressful. So, instead I'm going to stick to AKL that evening.

giphy.gif

Meals:
Dinner: Boma, 9pm (it's late, but I figure that will give me plenty of time to arrive via DME, and with the time difference, I'll just feel like its 6pm)

Evening plans: Relax in hotel lobby and soak up all the Christmas feels!

Day 2 (Nov 30) - Animal Kingdom

Plans: Spend the day at Animal Kingdom. I'll also probably try to take advantage of the proximity of AKL and may even take a mid-day break! We'll see if the weather cooperates to let me finally use a Disneyworld pool!

giphy.gif

Meals:
Brunch: Tusker House, 10:30am (for the breakfast and lunch foods)
Dinner: TBD, but I won't have an ADR for it. Either Nomad Lounge or Yak and Yeti (I'm going to get a Landry card).

Evening plans: I considered doing a Rivers of Light Dessert Party but they aren't available for booking that late. Also, I don't know if it'll even be offered that night. I don't know if I will FP or some other method to see RoL, because I plan to see it in February. I may just ride EE a bunch of times in the dark, take an evening safari, watch Tree of Life Awakenings. But I really want to see the FoP queue again, so I'll plan to hop in line right before park close.

Day 3 (Dec 1) - Animal Kingdom / DHS?

Plans: Transfer bags to Boardwalk. Animal Kingdom in the morning. Check into BWV.

Meals:
Breakfast: Probably just the Mara.
Lunch: Either Yak and Yeti or Nomad Lounge, whichever I didn't do the night before.
Dinner: Shula's. I couldn't resist after seeing all of @Raeven's photos!

Evening plan: DHS in the evening, specifically to do Toy Story Land at night and ride SDD at night! Maybe also Sunset Seasons.

giphy.gif

Day 4 (Dec 2) - Typhoon Lagoon? / Epcot

Plans: Head to Typhoon Lagoon, weather permitting. Then Epcot in the afternoon and evening.

giphy.gif

Meals:
Brunch: Maria & Enzos. Unfortunately Raeven won't be joining me, but I think I'm going to keep it anyways!
Snacks: Typhoon Lagoon mini-donuts, Disney Springs things...
Dinner: Probably food booths. Or maybe other DS snacks... I still have the Tokyo Dining CP reservation because they haven't announced that narrator yet.

Evening plan: Maybe watch Illuminations and then I think we're still doing the Crescent Lake bar hopping...

Day 5 (Dec 3) - Epcot

Plans: Epcot most of the day; probably a mid-day break too.

Meals:
Breakfast: Les Halles?
Lunch: Chefs de France with Candlelight Processional
Dinner: Maybe grab food at a booth...

Evening plans: Jingle Bell Jingle Jam Dessert Party & Fireworks. Depending on how I feel, I may head over to DS to see the Christmas Tree Trail at night and grab a late night dinner.

giphy.gif

Day 6 (Dec 4) - DHS / Epcot

Plans: DHS in the morning for rides, break mid-day, Epcot afternoon.

Meals:
Breakfast: Woody's? Only if they still have the S'mores french toast.
Lunch & Dinner: Eat around the Epcot Festival booths.

Evening plans: Illuminations, if I didn't see it earlier. Maybe check out Jellyrolls at night...

Day 7 (Dec 5) - Tour & Magic Kingdom

Plans: Yuletide Fantasy tour in the morning. I am excited to see the reimagined tour, especially with the Amorette's stop! I'll have to get up early enough to send my bags over to CCV, and get through the IG all the way to the front of Epcot for the 9am start!

giphy.gif

Meals:
Breakfast: Some sort of pastry or something fast on the go. Thanks to @chunkymonkey, I remembered I will have a microwave and fridge, so maybe even leftovers from a previous evening?
Lunch: Boathouse. Works out well because the tour ends at Disney Springs.
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Evening plans: Relax at resort. I still have the Golf Cart rental for Fort Wilderness, but will probably cancel that and just walk around some of the loops closest to the dock.

Day 8 (Dec 6) - Magic Kingdom w/MVMCP

Plans: Magic Kingdom during the day, probably with a late start. And MVMCP in the evening.

Meals:
Breakfast & Lunch: Snack around Magic Kingdom. On the list: Gaston Cinnamon Roll, Be Our Guest cupcake, Cheshire Cat Tail, Dole Whip Upside Down Cake, etc.
Dinner: The Wave

Evening plans: MVMCP, focus on entertainment & special offerings.

giphy.gif

Day 9 (Dec 7) - Magic Kingdom

Plans: Magic Kingdom during the day.

Meals:
Breakfast: Roaring Fork? Or just skip and sleep in...
Lunch: The Plaza
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe
Dessert: California Grill. Though I'll be doing CG at 5pm for sunset, and then GFC afterwards... yup, dessert before dinner, that's the way I roll!

Evening plans: Head back to the CG deck for the fireworks. Otherwise, relax at WL.

giphy.gif

Day 10 (Dec 8) - Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom

Plans: Animal Kingdom in morning. Wild Africa Trek again! Magic Kingdom in the evening.

Meals:
Breakfast: Another quick service. Either Roaring Fork or somewhere in AK.
Lunch: Tiffins. I think I won't go a trip with a stop at Tiffins! Plus the snacks at Wild Africa Trek
Dinner: Kona Cafe or Tambu Lounge (somewhere at the Polynesian; I'll have to check menus beforehand)

Evening plans: Magic Kingdom for Happily Ever After. I'd really like to focus on the projections, so am willing to wait for a good spot.

Day 11 (Dec 9) - Magic Kingdom and departure

Plans: Magic Kingdom during the day. Plan isn't scheduled to leave until 8pm, but who knows if that will change or not...

Meals:
Brunch: Trail's End. I went ahead and added this back in since I'm doing Maria & Enzos the week before.
Lunch: Geyser Point?

So... what do you guys think!

This also got pretty long, so I'm not going to bother listing my February plans yet!

Following -- the trips you've got planned sound amazing! Looking forward to your updates and I'm also going to take a look through your prior TRs (loving all your Disney-related purchases in addition to your trip content).

Update 10/2 - All of the trips!

Ugh, so I realized I haven't updated this in over a month! And lots of changes happening, so might as well get into it!

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the new MDE website layout. Sometimes it can be good, but it still is very annoying to need to scroll all the way down to show up reservations from later trips. I'm sure there's a way to just display resort reservations or ADRs or FPs, but I haven't bothered to get into it yet! Also, it takes a couple tries to actually show up "My Plans", because the system doesn't seem to like to remember my log-in and doesn't even prompt me to log-in again! I also have an obscene number of MDE friends (due to...reasons), so see a lot of their plans (though I have started adjusting so we just view shared plans and they aren't stuck looking at everything I'm doing!

And in miscellaneous news, I've decided to get an Owners Locker. They aren't just for DVC (though specifically marketed to them), but it makes sense with all the upcoming trips and just seems to make it easier to store things like toiletries, supplies, etc, so I don't need to bring them back and forth all the time!

December trip:

So remember how I was making sure to get my ADRs completed while I was in Paris... yeah, well out of all the ones I made 180 days prior to the trip, I've kept a grand total of 1!!!! Yeah...lots of switching and swapping. Fortunately touringplans reservation finder has been my friend and I've been able to adjust schedule to a point that I like the way it looks! Though of course I'm sure more changes will happen. Closer to the trip I'll try to do a more detailed day-by-day breakdown with the final choices!

giphy.gif

Fastpasses are also completed. Here's what I have settled on so far:

Day 0 (Nov 29) - none, won't arrive early enough to get to a park!

Day 1 (Nov 30) - Animal Kingdom: Safari, FotLK, FoP

Day 2 (Dec 1) - Animal Kingdom (I'll be heading over to DHS in the evening): Dinosaur, Safari, FoP (Everest will be via single rider)

Day 3 (Dec 2) - Epcot (hopefully will have Typhoon Lagoon in the morning): Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Frozen Ever After

Day 4 (Dec 3) - Epcot (will hop to DHS in afternoon): Figment (probably acting more as a Tier 2 throwaway, but I do want to ride it), Living with the Land (I want to do it during day and night), Test Track

Day 5 (Dec 4) - DHS: Tower of Terror, Slinky Dog Dash, Indiana Jones

Day 6 (Dec 5) - Magic Kingdom (doing a tour in the morning): Peter Pan, 7DMT, Winnie the Pooh (don't know if I'll actually use this one)

Day 7 (Dec 6) - Magic Kingdom: 7DMT, Haunted Mansion, Jingle Cruise

Day 8 (Dec 7) - Magic Kingdom: Splash, Peter Pan, 7DMT

Day 9 (Dec 8) - Animal Kingdom (doing the Wild Africa Trek in mid-afternoon; Magic Kingdom in evening): Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest

Day 10 (Dec 9) - Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Jingle Cruise, 7DMT

giphy.gif

(and yes, I do have other things up my sleeve but it's best not to discuss on these forums...)

Shirts: I finally ordered most of them. Unfortunately some of the ones I had selected were no longer available or not in my size, but I found alternatives. I also decided not to do as many generic Disney Christmas shirts, since I have soooo many Disney shirts as it is!

(I will talk about current plans that have been made, but after December I'm going to create a new 2019 Pre Trip Report for everything I'm doing then, so I will migrate everything over. AND, I thought I'd color code each trip, because, well, I'm me)

February Trip:

This is the one that has had MAJOR MAJOR changes!

First thing - my mom decided to come along! I had brought it up to her that she was welcome and she considered it on and off for a bit. Until finally she decided, why not! She said it was because she didn't want someone throwing me overboard on the cruise, but I know she just wanted to take a break from home! It also works as a partial birthday trip, because it happens to fall a few days after her birthday.

giphy.gif

Luckily she told me pretty much on the 180 day mark, so I had time to switch up some reservations. And I've modified pretty much the whole trip so that she will have a good time. My goal is not for her to necessarily fall in love with WDW, but instead for her to understand why I love it! She's not a Disney hater by any means (she likes having an annual Disneyland daytrip), but also doesn't need to go there all the time. And I know she gets exhausted with lots of walking and also isn't the biggest fan of thrill rides...so I worked with all that!

Oh, and she has been to WDW before. When I was 3 my dad had a conference there, so she went with him...and left me at home! I guess she was studying for the bar exam, and they only did one afternoon at Epcot, and weren't the biggest fans, so never felt a desire to go back. They also told all us kids about how horrible Florida was, with humidity you could "cut with a knife" (that as a young child, I visualized and continue to do so now), lots of bugs, and serial killers who come into your hotel rooms and stab you ... Yeah, I don't quite know what that last one was about, but needless to say, none of us ever begged for a Disneyworld vacation (besides, we had Disneyland 45 minutes away).

giphy.gif

Onto our itinerary:

Day 0, February 5 - arrival.

We are on the same flight and I paid for the premium exit row seats (I had already splurged on it for myself, so it would be weird if she wasn't sitting next to me). When it was just me, I was going to do a one-night stay at All Star Sports for $$, but I DO NOT want my mom's first impression of WDW to be an All Star Resort with screaming children and just overdone decorations. Now, I don't think those resorts are bad, just for our purposes, it wouldn't have been a good idea!

So, my TA (@ArielSRL) switched us over to Port Orleans Riverside. I thought this would be a great option, with the boat down to Disney Springs, since we weren't going to do a park on arrival day. And then when discounts came out last week, she was able to save us some more money.

But then... I decided to see how much Animal Kingdom Lodge would be. It was less than $300 for the one night, and I know my mom will love it! I haven't told her yet and I'll try to keep it a secret, at least until DME (I can easily make up stuff about the luggage tags, or put them on without her seeing). I wish I could just reveal when we pull up to the resort, but I worry the reps will be saying the resort name out loud. Maybe if I pre-write up a note and slip it to them before I scan a Magic Band confirming I know which resort, but not to say it out loud? I dunno... we'll have to see!

So, dinner that night will be at Sanaa. I'm not a huge Indian fan, but my mom is. I figure of all the places to get Indian cuisine, Disney will have the most options I won't hate! Plus I do love Naan, so I can take advantage of that with the bread service!

The rest of the night will be relaxing at the Lodge and seeing animals, hot tubs, etc!

giphy.gif

Day 1, February 6 - Animal Kingdom

Switching resort to AKL will allow us to get a bit more rest this morning. Breakfast will be at Boma. I had already known I wanted to take my mom to AKL for Boma breakfast, so it will be nice having a late breakfast on Day 1.

We will do Animal Kingdom after this. Not for the full day, but probably until mid-afternoon. I'm trying to plan things geographically to minimize walking. This day will focus on Africa/Pandora: Kilimanjaro Safari, Gorilla Falls Trail, Festival of the Lion King, Flight of Passage, maybe Navi River Journey. And also likely Tree of Life Trails and just in general soaking up the AK atmosphere.

giphy.gif

Late afternoon we will head over to Beach Club Villas and check in for our 4-night stay. Relaxation is in order, hopefully the weather will be nice enough to fully enjoy Stormalong Bay!

Dinner currently at Yachtsman Steakhouse. I'm considering swapping Yachtsman and Shulas (which I'm doing solo in December), because we can save money with the free birthday entree at Shulas. TBD

Day 2, February 7 - Epcot

Another breakfast ADR at Garden Grill. It's one I've been wanting to try, but feels like too much food to do solo. I know my mom LOVES cinnamon rolls, so I think she'll like the skillet! And the characters are pretty cute!

Morning/early afternoon will focus on Future World and Showcase Plaza: Living with the Land, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Figment, Nemo. Maybe Test Track - I need to talk that over with my sister. My mom does like Radiator Springs Racers, but I don't know if she'll like the swerving test in TT! Also probably see what is going on with Festival of the Arts in that area (classes, presentations, exhibits, etc). Lunch will be snacking at food booths. Maybe we'll also wander thru Canada and UK pavilions?

giphy.gif

Mid/Late afternoon - Break at resort. I think my mom will appreciate this, and again, I hope Stormalong Bay is an option!

Evening - Dinner ADR at Rose and Crown. I have a 7:10 ADR, which I think will be appropriate timing to be able and milk the reservation to stay there during Illuminations. I figure, takes time to get checked in and seated, especially if we ask for an outdoor table. Then order app, entree, dessert and take our time... If worst comes to worst, there is a private patio for the indoor patrons we can go out to see the show.

Day 3, February 8 - Animal Kingdom

We can sleep in this morning, with nothing booked. Probably just do light snack and hang out at pool a bit.

Afternoon we will head back to Animal Kingdom and focus on the Asia/Dinoland area of the park: Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Finding Nemo the Musical. I don't know if mom will want to ride Everest, but she may. And I think I'll get another FoP FP since I love that ride so much! Mom's favorite ride is Soarin, so I think she'll like it too!

giphy.gif

Dinner will be relatively early at Tiffins with the Rivers of Light package. I reconsidered whether that was necessary now that there won't be any shamans on the boats, but did the math breakdown and we'd probably only pay about $20 more (once discounts and everything are considered), but get more food with the package (OOP we'd be probably sharing an app and dessert and maybe no specialty drink). Probably do another Safari between dinner and the show.

Evening: Rivers of Light. Depending on hours and crowds, I'd like her to see Tree of Life Awakenings and Pandora, but we'll have to see!

Day 4, February 9 - Epcot

The morning will focus on east side of World Showcase: Gran Fiesta Tour, Frozen Ever After, Reflections of China. Snack (cronut?) for breakfast and food booths for lunch.

Afternoon we will have a break and at some point I will need to head to pick up the rental car from a Disney Springs hotel. I'll see if mom wants to come with me and see DS or just rest at the resort.

Late afternoon will be remainder of World Showcase, including Voices of Liberty, American Adventure, Impressions of France. Dinner more food booths. And we will see the Broadway performance. I originally did the schedule assuming the Broadway shows would be Fri-Sun only, but Disney has since announced it will be every day, but I still like our overall schedule doing it on Saturday.

giphy.gif

**if you notice something, we will not be visiting Hollywood Studios. This was something both Mom and I decided on our own and agreed when we discussed schedule. DHS is still my least favorite Disney Park, the rides aren't my favorite, I don't like the shows that much, and overall atmosphere is lacking. I haven't visited yet with TSL, but still, while it seems cute, it's not worth it to visit. Mom wouldn't even like any of the rides, with them being too rough or copies of ones we have here! Mom is just getting a 1-park per day ticket, so deciding between doing DHS on a day vs spreading out our AK visit over 2 days to fully enjoy it, was a no-brainer!

Day 5, February 10 - Depart for cruise

I have a Bon Voyage breakfast scheduled. I think it'll be a fun thing to do and all the reviews I've heard are great.

Drive the rental car to Port Canaveral, and then the cruise from Feb 10 - 14.

giphy.gif

Day 9, February 14 - Come back from cruise

After the cruise, we are getting another 1-day car rental. Plan is to see Nasa Cape Canaveral so my family stops bugging me about going to Florida and not seeing anything cultural!

giphy.gif

I'd like to stop at Character Warehouse on our way back, but we will see about time.

We then will check into the Polynesian Villas for our final 2 nights. Dinner will be at Ohana and we will relax for the evening, maybe watching fireworks from the beach!

giphy.gif

Day 10, February 15 - Magic Kingdom

No ADRs for breakfast. I was thinking about Kona Cafe because I think my mom would like Tonga Toast, but I didn't like as many things on the menu and Captain Cooks has TT (though I've heard it's not as good). Maybe a Gaston Cinnamon Roll though... TBD

Magic Kingdom today will focus on Fantasyland, with a bit of Tomorrowland. Rides include: Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion (I know its not in Fantasyland, but its close enough), Small World, Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh, 7DMT, Under the Sea, Dumbo. Lunch will be at Be Our Guest - I think mom will like the castle. I considered doing Cinderella's Royal Table, but $$ and time led me to BOG instead. After lunch, make a quick stop into Tomorrowland hitting up Peoplemover, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, and Carousel of Progress. Space Mountain and Buzz don't interest either of us.

giphy.gif

Then a nice afternoon break at the Poly! (though depending on time we may be able to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade before heading back)

No specific dinner ADR, instead doing the Happily Ever After Fireworks dessert party. This will be the Friday of Presidents Day Weekend and I don't think mom will like competing with the crowds! I'm also counting on hours being extended (they are scheduled to close at 8, but based on this year it was midnight; I'd be good with 9 or 10pm). That way we could get a night-time run of Peoplemover and see Once Upon A Time, before heading back to the Poly!

For actual dinner, we will see how hungry we are after the fireworks dessert party. I've made the mistake of having a full meal and then the dessert party and just feeling so full I was icky! So we may stop in either Captain Cooks or Gasparilla Grill or one of the lounges and share something.

Day 11, February 16 - Magic Kingdom and going home

Pack up and check the bags in the morning, then back over to Magic Kingdom. Breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace. I gave mom a choice of 1900 Park Fare and Crystal Palace and she chose CP, which I think she'll like.

Rides and attractions will focus Frontier and Adventureland: Big Thunder, Splash (don't know if she will actually do this one or not), Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room, Muppets present Great Moments in American History. If we didn't get to see the parade the day before, we will do it here.

giphy.gif

Lunch will be something TBD. I wouldn't mind taking her out to Wilderness Lodge and maybe going to Geyser Point. I think it will just depend on timing.

So yeah, lots of changes but I'm looking forward to the trip!

May trip:

We do have an EPIC PTR going, but it's hard to organizing updating with all the people. Right now I am booked at Beach Club with Caroline and Molly (the BC rooms have 3 sleeping surfaces, so Molly and I will trade off the twin bed). If anything changes, Caroline and I at least plan to do Port Orleans French Quarter (splitting BC 3 ways was almost the same as POFQ 2 ways, so it seemed like it would be great to be so close to Epcot during F&G).

Also, it's certainly a puzzle to fit in things for everyone! We started making a list of what "extras" people want to do that they never get a chance to (like going to a restaurant their family always vetoes, or in my case, doing something that isn't as fun solo), so we've been adding those into the schedule for people who will be there longer than the weekend itself! But I can't wait and it will be super fun!

Oh, and @chunkymonkey and I have a motto for this trip: All we will be doing is eating...and we're ok with that!

giphy.gif

October/November trip:

I haven't talked about it as much, but I had decided I wanted to do a trip to see Tokyo Disney next fall! I figured out timing to get a HalloXmas trip so I could see the parks at Halloween, then do other Japan sightseeing (Kyoto and Tokyo), before coming back and seeing the Christmas decorations. So, that was decided...

Then I started seeing photos from Hong Kong Disney at Halloween. And wow - they do so much fun stuff! A parade and fun decorations and an actual Haunted Maze - like what I imagine HHN Disney-style to be! Plus characters in all these special outfits. So I decided to see how much it would cost to add a few days at HKDL. Starting with airfare, it was a total of $0 difference! What! See, I'm planning on using airmiles via Aeroplan (which I've saved up for almost 15 years), as I have the perfect amount to fly Business class to Asia, and it all worked out that there are no extra airfare costs with a stopover in Hong Kong. And yes, there will be costs associated with hotel, tickets (still super cheap), merchandise, and food, but I figured, when will I be in Asia again for Halloween - I should take advantage of the "free" airfare. So, after running it over in my head a couple days (and getting input from @StarWarsMomofGirls! ) I decided, yup, I'm doing it!

giphy.gif

Then.... I got to thinking even further. If I do HKDL, plus the Tokyo parks, that will only leave 1 last park in the world I won't have visited: Shanghai. Now, I didn't plan on adding it into the trip, but I know myself. If I have one thing leftover, I will never be able to rest and will feel this urge to go back. When I will have to pay full price for airfare... And Aeroplan allows up to TWO stopovers... So, again, no hike in airfare (there may be some small fee differences, but it will be negligible). And yes, again, tickets, hotel, food, merch expenses. BUT, I will get to see all the parks! So again, flipped it over in my head and decided - yup, that makes sense!

giphy.gif

And yesterday I got the ok from my boss for a 3-week Asian Adventure (he's casual enough I don't need to give him the exact dates, though I already know them). I just have to wait about a month or so for the flights to be available for booking, but then I'm doing it! I'm terrified of going to China alone and without speaking the language (I'll try to learn some basic things, but I suck at languages-I mean I can barely pronounce English words-so I don't know how successful I'll be), but I'm up for the adventure! I also decided for Shanghai and HK to stick to just Disney. Yes, I will get flack from other people for going to China and not seeing the city or Great Wall, or other areas, but for me, right now, I just feel more comfortable doing it this way.

***Oh, also, if anyone can think of a good costume that I can use for Shanghai/Hong Kong/Tokyo, I'd appreciate it! They let guests dress up, but it has to be Disney. For me, it would need to be simple and easy to travel with, plus super comfortable! Preferably including pants. I'm thinking no Star Wars, since it's not as big over there... I may just end up going with Halloween shirts, but it would be fun to dress up in a cute way!

New Years Eve Trip:

I've decided definitely doing this next year. Obviously no booking anything yet. But I think I'll be trying to rent DVC at BWV. I had considered Swolphin via a Priceline Express deal, but when I priced out DVC it wasn't too much more, and this way I get the full Disney experience. I'll save Swolphin for another trip! I just have to have my fingers crossed there is availability, but I have a good rental contact I can use (he's the one who I rented for CCV and Poly when Davids didn't have enough owners).

I'm thinking I will try to get over to Universal one of those days though since the new HP ride should be open, plus all the Christmas stuff will be running (remember, I cut it out of this upcoming December trip due to cost). I just need to decide if I want to actually stay on site or just do a 1-day visit - most likely I'll stay at Disney but that's TBD.

giphy.gif

So, whew - that became a much longer update than I thought it would be! Feel free to give any input!

I should also be coming back sometime soon with an update on Disneyland Halloween!

Wow, SO many awesome things to look forward to!

Your February trip with Mom sounds like it will be so nice! Shes's going to have a great time!

And that's amazing that you're going to do all 3 Asia parks next year! I truly look forward to reading all about that, hopefully one day I will make it over there!

I'm thinking I will try to get over to Universal one of those days though since the new HP ride should be open, plus all the Christmas stuff will be running (remember, I cut it out of this upcoming December trip due to cost). I just need to decide if I want to actually stay on site or just do a 1-day visit - most likely I'll stay at Disney but that's TBD.

giphy.gif
Yay for all of this!!! We are doing one day at Universal before our cruise next December, and I JUST realized the other day that the new Harry Potter ride should be open then. So exciting :)

We will be in WDW 12/27-1/1 following our cruise, so will definitely look forward to a DIS meet at some point :)

Wow all these trips sound super exciting. Do you have unlimited vacation at work? It will be fun to have all the parks check off - major bucket list item.

Wow, SO many awesome things to look forward to!

Your February trip with Mom sounds like it will be so nice! Shes's going to have a great time!

And that's amazing that you're going to do all 3 Asia parks next year! I truly look forward to reading all about that, hopefully one day I will make it over there!
I hope she does have fun! And I can't wait to do Asia!

Yay for all of this!!! We are doing one day at Universal before our cruise next December, and I JUST realized the other day that the new Harry Potter ride should be open then. So exciting :)

We will be in WDW 12/27-1/1 following our cruise, so will definitely look forward to a DIS meet at some point :)
Definitely we will need to do a dismeet or two! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Wow all these trips sound super exciting. Do you have unlimited vacation at work? It will be fun to have all the parks check off - major bucket list item.
In effect, yes we do have unlimited vacation. Last year my company instituted a "flex vacation time" plan. They tried to sell it as unlimited vacation, but really it was a way that they would no longer need to pay out unused vacation time. We all still have our utilization goals, but our office is so busy, I never have a problem meeting or exceeding them! I guess some people did abuse the policy this year (like taking off almost every Friday), so they are trying to toughen up on it, which isn't sitting well with some people (me included). But my boss is so chill and understanding - his basic mode is, get your work done, help out others, and you have the freedom to make your own schedule. Obviously need to have at least 40 hours on your timesheet at the end of the week, but he doesn't care if we adjust things so we come in late/stay late, or do 4 10-hour days, as long as we aren't letting things slide on the last day (corporate is another story - they expect us to be doing at least 8 hours a day, though my boss is cool with letting us redistribute hours so it looks acceptable)!

I finally found time to come over here and fully read your last update!

Living with the Land (I want to do it during day and night)
This is probably a stupid question, but is it different during the day and at night?

But then... I decided to see how much Animal Kingdom Lodge would be. It was less than $300 for the one night, and I know my mom will love it! I haven't told her yet and I'll try to keep it a secret, at least until DME (I can easily make up stuff about the luggage tags, or put them on without her seeing). I wish I could just reveal when we pull up to the resort, but I worry the reps will be saying the resort name out loud. Maybe if I pre-write up a note and slip it to them before I scan a Magic Band confirming I know which resort, but not to say it out loud? I dunno... we'll have to see!
Hmmm. There has to be a way. Maybe call Magical Express, maybe they can add a note that it's a surprise? Not sure if it would come up somewhere when they can the band?

So, dinner that night will be at Sanaa. I'm not a huge Indian fan, but my mom is. I figure of all the places to get Indian cuisine, Disney will have the most options I won't hate! Plus I do love Naan, so I can take advantage of that with the bread service!
I don't know if I can be your friend anymore... I LOOOOOOVE Indian food. Try the naan burger or the tandori chicken if they have it on the menu. Tandori chicken is slightly spiced and basically grilled. And seriously, you can make a meal out of the bread service!!!

I should take advantage of the "free" airfare. So, after running it over in my head a couple days (and getting input from @StarWarsMomofGirls! ) I decided, yup, I'm doing it!
Glad I can be a "bad" influence on you! :thumbsup2

This is probably a stupid question, but is it different during the day and at night?
That's what I want to find out! Though I heard it can be cool in the greenhouse when it's dark out...

I don't know if I can be your friend anymore... I LOOOOOOVE Indian food. Try the naan burger or the tandori chicken if they have it on the menu. Tandori chicken is slightly spiced and basically grilled. And seriously, you can make a meal out of the bread service!!!
I know - everyone else in my family loves Indian food, but I'm just not a fan. I definitely don't like curries. But I'm willing to give Sanaa a try.

Glad I can be a "bad" influence on you! :thumbsup2
And hey, I even went one step further and added Shanghai!

Cool that you switched your resort to AKL! It makes sense when doing Sanaa and Boma!
You could totally make a meal out of the full Naan bread service even with two people. It was a struggle even for 3 of us to finish it (but we did, LOL)

Oh, and @chunkymonkey and I have a motto for this trip: All we will be doing is eating...and we're ok with that!

giphy.gif

Haha YES!! Our plans are pretty much eating and drinking and watching fireworks.

Day 0 (Nov 29) - none, won't arrive early enough to get to a park!

Day 1 (Nov 30) - Animal Kingdom: Safari, FotLK, FoP

Day 2 (Dec 1) - Animal Kingdom (I'll be heading over to DHS in the evening): Dinosaur, Safari, FoP (Everest will be via single rider)

Day 3 (Dec 2) - Epcot (hopefully will have Typhoon Lagoon in the morning): Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Frozen Ever After

Day 4 (Dec 3) - Epcot (will hop to DHS in afternoon): Figment (probably acting more as a Tier 2 throwaway, but I do want to ride it), Living with the Land (I want to do it during day and night), Test Track
Hi! I am arriving the same night as you for a Christmas long weekend adventure! I'm offsite for the first time ever as there was nothing available unless I wanted to pay $644/n! Currently I am at DHS/EP on the 30th with Candlelight Processional booked for that evening. I'll be at AK on the morning of the 1st and am thinking of doing the Caring for Giants tour. Heading for a monorail lounge progressive dinner that evening and MK for HEA! Then EP on the 2nd for Holiday kitchens with MVMCP in the evening. I'll wrap up my last day with a bit of DS and whatever other plans strike my fancy! Maybe we will see each other in the parks to say hello!

nd yesterday I got the ok from my boss for a 3-week Asian Adventure (he's casual enough I don't need to give him the exact dates, though I already know them). I just have to wait about a month or so for the flights to be available for booking, but then I'm doing it! I'm terrified of going to China alone and without speaking the language (I'll try to learn some basic things, but I suck at languages-I mean I can barely pronounce English words-so I don't know how successful I'll be), but I'm up for the adventure! I also decided for Shanghai and HK to stick to just Disney. Yes, I will get flack from other people for going to China and not seeing the city or Great Wall, or other areas, but for me, right now, I just feel more comfortable doing it this way.
This is amazing! Definitely a trip of a lifetime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!