Footloose and Fancy Free-Dec 2018, Feb 2019 PTR-12/31-TR Link!

Do I see Illuminations when I plan to be at AK at 7 am the next morning?

• Yes, why sleep at Disney? And the show could be replaced by my next visit!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, get some rest so I can hit AK hard the next day.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It all sounds great!

Have either of you gone to Hoop Dee Doo Review? We loved it! And it is to be fun to see all of the camp ground decorated for Christmas. Not sure how many will be up that early. But renting a golf cart and the 2 of you driving around seems like great vlog footage for @Raeven!

It all sounds great!

Have either of you gone to Hoop Dee Doo Review? We loved it! And it is to be fun to see all of the camp ground decorated for Christmas. Not sure how many will be up that early. But renting a golf cart and the 2 of you driving around seems like great vlog footage for @Raeven!
I haven't, but I think Josh and Raeven have. She mentioned that was one they were planning, and I always want to do it, but not solo, so I invited myself along! Ohana was one I asked for, and turns out Josh did too, so we're coordinating on that too. I get to be the "professional third-wheel" a bunch of times! :rotfl:

I hadn't thought about renting a golf cart, but that could be super fun! I'll have to bring it up!

Your plans sound great! Lots of fun ADRs scheduled and it's nice that you will have a companion for some of them!!

Dinner: Disney Springs, probably D Luxe Burger or Pizza Ponte; no ADR.

Evening plans: Christmas Tree Trail, The Edison with @Raeven

giphy.gif

I thought the Edison was dinner that night? Anyway I’m totally willing to eat dinner there too, I can’t eat a whole cake pop tree alone :rotfl: We also have to figure out when to drink around the Epcot resorts!

Dinner: Hoop De Doo Revue, again, with @Raeven (Hopefully she won't be sick of me by this point)

:laughing: I won’t! We all want to go anyway so of course we should all go together.

Also if the HEA situation is still awful it sounds like we won’t get to see it on our trip coming up because I won’t wait on Main st for hours :sad2:

Wild Africa TrekDinner: Yak and Yeti (I'll get a Landry's card so I don't have to worry about making an ADR)
LOOOVE Wild Africa Trek!

We've never eaten at Yak and Yeti, but I always think I should get a Landry's card and we just never do. I don't think I realized you can use it there!

Jingle Bell Jingle Jam Dessert Party
We enjoyed that in 2016! The only thing that was annoying was that they didn't really announce when it was time to head out for the fireworks seating....we sort of noticed all of a sudden almost everyone was gone, so by the time we made it to the reserved area, Jimmy couldn't see a thing behind everyone :(

Chefs de France with Candlelight Processional
The Candlelight Processional is just beautiful, though not sure how it will compare to your Disneyland experience. I remember reading your report about that and thinking it was just incredible! Do they still read "One Solitary Life" at DL? I was really sad when they took it out at WDW.

Lunch: TBD. Probably someplace DHS, either Sci Fi Drive In, 50s Prime Time, or Hollywood and Vine
One vote for Primetime right here!! That is my FAVORITE!

Evening plans: Jellyrolls
Another one I always want to do but just never make it to!!!

Evening Plans: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
I love doing MVMCP, in particular to see my favorite Dwarf, Dopey :) but it is just such a magical night!!

Breakfast/Lunch: Tusker House
Lunch/Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe
YUM! Tusker House!

Rob loved the BBQ platter at WCC. The sides looked amazing!

Your plans sound great! Lots of fun ADRs scheduled and it's nice that you will have a companion for some of them!!
Yeah I think it will be great! A solo trip but coordinating plans to break it up!

I thought the Edison was dinner that night? Anyway I’m totally willing to eat dinner there too, I can’t eat a whole cake pop tree alone :rotfl: We also have to figure out when to drink around the Epcot resorts!
No you’re right, Edison should be dinner! Adjusted some things in my schedule!

Maybe we do Crescent Lake Alcohol Tour on the same day as Epcot (when I have Candlelight Processional and Illuminations)? I think you guys were doing Illuminations that night too?

We've never eaten at Yak and Yeti, but I always think I should get a Landry's card and we just never do. I don't think I realized you can use it there!
Yeah, it works there! And also the $25 welcome and birthday rewards!

The Candlelight Processional is just beautiful, though not sure how it will compare to your Disneyland experience. I remember reading your report about that and thinking it was just incredible! Do they still read "One Solitary Life" at DL? I was really sad when they took it out at WDW.
Yeah everyone was warning me last year that I wouldn’t be as impressed as the version on Main Street. But I think it will still be really nice. I also may switch that day depending on narrators!

One vote for Primetime right here!! That is my FAVORITE!
Lauren and I were going to do it in September, but we cancelled the day before. Just got a bit exhausted with ADRs by that point! I think if my mom does come then we will have to do it in February; seems like her kind of thing!

Another one I always want to do but just never make it to!!!
I figure staying at the Boardwalk, I don’t have any excuses!

No you’re right, Edison should be dinner! Adjusted some things in my schedule!

Maybe we do Crescent Lake Alcohol Tour on the same day as Epcot (when I have Candlelight Processional and Illuminations)? I think you guys were doing Illuminations that night too?

:thumbsup2 yeah I definitely want to try some of the food there.

Yeah that works!

Update 5/10 - ADR Changes, of course!

As soon as I posted those ADRs I knew there would be changes! Some small, some more significant.

First, I decided to cancel the day at Universal. I just was thinking more and more. It would cost me about $220 for a park-to-park ticket, plus ubers each way. And I really am not a big fan of the rides or shows there, so I'd be going to see the Christmas stuff, mainly the Macy's Parade and castle projections. For the projections, I could also see those at Universal Hollywood and get a whole annual pass for around $100, so really, I'd be placing a value of $120 on one parade. Nope, doesn't make sense! I think other people definitely have more fun there, but for me, I'd just rather spend that time and money at Disney!

giphy.gif

Ok, on with the days:

Day 1, Thursday November 29
Flight arrival: 4:20pm (if it doesn't get changed on me again o_O)

Breakfast & Lunch: N/A
Dinner: Boma Yak and Yeti - Swapped Day 1 and Day 2 for dinner; makes more sense for me to get off the plane, drop off carry-on and go straight to AK, rather than stop to eat dinner at the resort. This way I'll also be able to have a nice relaxing meal at the resort the next day!

Evening Plans: Animal Kingdom; main priority is to do standby line for Flight of Passage around park closing. I'd like to get a better look at the details, and figure with the time difference, I'll still be raring to go later in the evening!

Day 2, Friday November 30
Park: Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: some snack to tide me over
Lunch: Nomad Lounge, also, Wild Africa Trek Tusker House brunch (10:30 reservation, so I pay breakfast prices but the lunch food comes out before I leave); I'll explain this reasoning more below.

Dinner: Yak and Yeti Boma

Evening Plans: Resort time, soaking in the grand lobby and Christmas Decorations.

Day 3, Saturday December 1
Switch AKL-BWI
Parks: AK, DHS

Breakfast: Mara, or maybe cinnamon roll in park
Lunch: Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian - with @Raeven
Dinner: Crew's Cup Lounge Il Mulino - Was able to create another opening for lunch in the Crescent Lake area; so many of the restaurants are dinner only it made more sense to move Crew's Cup to a lunch. The actual dinner location could change, but right now I think Il Mulino is the winner (I also considered Shula's, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, and Trattoria al Forno)

Evening Plans: Jingle Bell Jingle Jam Dessert Party & Sunset Showcase (Will actually do this before dinner)

Day 4, Sunday, December 2 - No changes here! Depending on the narrator, I could see the dinner plans from Days 3 & 4 being swapped!

Park: Epcot

Breakfast: Les Halles Boulangerie
Lunch: Festival of the Holidays booths
Dinner: Chefs de France with Candlelight Processional

Evening plans: Candlelight Processional & Illuminations, some sort of Epcot bar crawl with @Raeven afterwards

Day 5, Monday, December 3
Parks: DHS, plus Disney Springs

Breakfast: Woody's Lunch Box
Lunch: TBD. Probably someplace DHS, either Sci Fi Drive In, 50s Prime Time or Hollywood and Vine I think I've settled on 50s Prime Time (for now)

Dinner: Disney Springs probably D Luxe Burger or Pizza Ponte Edison - Raeven pointed out we should just have dinner here. It may be late, so I may try other snacks at Festival of Holidays or DHS in the meantime

Evening plans: Christmas Tree Trail, The Edison

Day 6, Tuesday, December 4 - No changes here!

Breakfast: ? Maybe just Boardwalk Bakery...
Dinner: Ohana

Day 7, Wednesday, December 5
Switch BWI - CCV
Park: DHS & MK

Breakfast: ?
Lunch: Boathouse Crew's Cup Lounge.

Dinner: Hoop De Doo Revue

Evening plans: check out Fort Wilderness decorations, chill at WL lobby

Day 8, Thursday, December 6
Park: MK

Breakfast: Trail's End Gaston Cinnamon Roll & ADR for Be Our Guest to get a cupcake!

Lunch: Be Our Guest for a cupcake only Grand Floridian Cafe
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe The Wave - The Wave seems to have some different menu items from lunch to dinner, and I was interested in some dinner options more.

Day 9, Friday, December 7

Breakfast: skip/sleep-in; probably Roaring Fork for something QS, maybe I'll just delay until Geyser Point opens for lunch!
Lunch: Geyser Point
Dinner: The Wave The Boathouse

Evening Plans: California Grill for dessert; though I may go for a sunset ADR, so dessert before dinner, and then just come back for the fireworks! *I'm still waffling between California Grill for Friday or Saturday. I may

Day 10, Saturday, December 8
Park: USO AK & MK - All parks are projected to be busy this day, so I will just be strategic with plans

Breakfast: Roaring Fork
Lunch: Toothsome Tiffins and Wild Africa Trek - Tiffins could get swapped with Nomad Lounge if they bring back the poutine! I figured, if it will be busy, why not do a tour that day? And free up the earlier, less busy day, for other rides/attractions!

Dinner: Leaky Cauldron D Luxe Burger - Just fits here!

Evening plans: USO Christmas things Happily Ever After? Probably try to watch HEA from in front of the castle?

Day 11, Sunday, December 9
Park: AK (I think I've decided to make AK on my final day a tradition), maybe also MK depending on time Just MK, so much for making AK a tradition!

Brunch: Tusker House Trail's End - They only do brunch on weekends and it has good reviews, so I'd like to give it a try!

Lunch/Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe Pizza Ponte - I'm cutting WCC, at least for now, too similar to Trail's End and Hoop De Doo Revue. I'll stop by DS to grab a late lunch and pick up Earl of Sandwich for flight home! But I think I'll do WCC in February instead!

Plane leaves: 8:30

Brunch: Tusker House Trail's End - They only do brunch on weekends and it has good reviews, so I'd like to give it a try!
Lunch/Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe Pizza Ponte - I'm cutting WCC, at least for now, too similar to Trail's End and Hoop De Doo Revue.
This is probably a good idea. We did WCC and HDDR in the same trip and it did start to feel like overkill.

Tusker House brunch (10:30 reservation, so I pay breakfast prices but the lunch food comes out before I leave); I'll explain this reasoning more below.
I will look forward to how this works out for you. I think I might want to do this on our next trip. Get a little of both!

Your plans are shaping up nicely! Probably smart to nix the Universal day if you're only going for a few reasons. I hate that it is so expensive to visit that park for a single day!

6/22 - Quick Updates

So, back from France, and some updates on other upcoming trips!

December Trip:

-Made all the ADRs I wanted and then some! I even was making a reservation for Hoop De Doo Revue while sitting in front of a Van Gogh at the Musee D'Orsay! :rotfl:
Of course I've made several tweaks since then, but I'll make a new posting detailing the current plans once I have time!

But, big news is regarding:

February Trip:

I've sort of kept this on the back burner, as it wasn't time for any reservations. I had been stalking priceline/hotwire for cheaper rates at Swolphin, but nothing came up around $160 (I was hoping for under $200 once they added resort fee). Online booking went live on Tuesday, so I went in to get some rooms, though I had planned on probably changing those once discounts were released closer to the dates. But...I got to looking at it all, and I really just did not like the way it was coming together. Doing a 3-night stay, 4-night cruise, 3-night stay.

So, I got to thinking ... why was I doing it 3-4-3? I originally hoped to do WDW then cruise but the cruise I ended up booking was Sunday-Thursday. I wanted to reduce vacation days, so I would make my full trip Thursday-Sunday. But, that was before the "unlimited vacation day" policy from work. So, why do I have to do normal days. Why not do 5-night WDW, cruise, then 1 last WDW night before leaving, which would get me home on a Friday, allowing me the weekend to recoup and get over time differences. Oh, and if I did that, why not do a 5-night cheaper moderate, followed by a 1-night more expensive deluxe.

So, that seems all and good. And...I don't quite know how I got to the following (I partially blame @AMusicLifeForMe), but here is what it's looking like now:

Night 1 (Feb 5) - a value, probably all-stars (whichever becomes cheapest with discounts). Just a place to sleep that night.
Nights 2-5 (Feb 6-10) - Renting DVC studio
Nights 6-9 (Feb 10-13) - Cruise
Night 10 (Feb 14) - Deluxe, TBD

Pretty drastic change as of what I was thinking 36 hours ago!

As for the DVC rental...it'll be at ....

Beach Club Villas!
maxresdefault.jpg

I know I'm coming closer to the 7-month mark, so wasn't sure about availability, but I requested quotes for Bay Lake Tower and Beach Club Villas. I also checked out Priceline's rates for Dolphin (it's a blind deal, but I can figure out it's Dolphin due to tips from Backside of Magic). And BCV was only a couple hundred more than Dolphin, so I figured, might as well go for it!

So, yeah, no going back now - I made a nonrefundable deposit and I'm locked in!

Now to decide about February 14th. A few main choices:

1. Do I limit it to just 1 night, or do I go Feb 14-15, flying home on Saturday? I can always use more WDW time! Flight cost difference is negligible.
  2. Where do I stay? I'm seriously considering the Polynesian. I figure I wouldn't do Epcot area since I would have had BCV. I would have done AKL twice by then. Doing WL (via CCV) in December. The only thing that's making me reconsider is Valentine's Day... I'm worried Poly will be very couple-heavy, and well, I'm definitely a perpetual single person!
  3. How do I book? Do I just wait for discounts and see what is available (I'm worried with Valentine's day that may not be a good decision)? Do I wait until cheaper rooms are loaded into Orbitz/Undercover Tourist, etc? Do I do another DVC rental (probably only a possibility with a 2-night stay)?

Anyways, that's been my big concern the last day or so... of course, I still have so much work to get caught up on, as well as the various TRs, but I thought I'd get this out quick!

So, that seems all and good. And...I don't quite know how I got to the following (I partially blame @AMusicLifeForMe), but here is what it's looking like now:

WHAT!?!?! Why am I getting blamed for this decision? :D

I just told you to look into the DVC rental from Swan & Dolphin. DVC rental is usually always cheaper than purchasing Deluxe Hotel prices. Glad you got one of the places you wanted though! :) I know Swan & Dolphin was a little cheaper, but it's nice to get some of the Disney benefits to staying in one of their hotels.

(it's a blind deal, but I can figure out it's Dolphin due to tips from Backside of Magic)
I just started listening to Backside of Magic! Those guys are too funny! I get lost in some of there things but they are great! I want to try the late night lotto!

Where do I stay? I'm seriously considering the Polynesian. I figure I wouldn't do Epcot area since I would have had BCV. I would have done AKL twice by then. Doing WL (via CCV) in December. The only thing that's making me reconsider is Valentine's Day... I'm worried Poly will be very couple-heavy, and well, I'm definitely a perpetual single person!
I wouldn't worry about Valentine's Day.... I would think for every couple there, there is a family there as well. You never know... maybe you will meet another single person in a similar situation there! You just don't know with life!

Welcome back, by the way! It felt like you were gone forever! I hope you had a great trip!

WHAT!?!?! Why am I getting blamed for this decision? :D

I just told you to look into the DVC rental from Swan & Dolphin. DVC rental is usually always cheaper than purchasing Deluxe Hotel prices. Glad you got one of the places you wanted though! :) I know Swan & Dolphin was a little cheaper, but it's nice to get some of the Disney benefits to staying in one of their hotels.
I do like paying with the Magicband, so that will help. And I'm looking forward to trying out Stormalong Bay - just hope the weather works out that way!

I just started listening to Backside of Magic! Those guys are too funny! I get lost in some of there things but they are great! I want to try the late night lotto!

I wouldn't worry about Valentine's Day.... I would think for every couple there, there is a family there as well. You never know... maybe you will meet another single person in a similar situation there! You just don't know with life!

Welcome back, by the way! It felt like you were gone forever! I hope you had a great trip!
I do like Backside of Magic, they definitely give such good tips! I keep meaning to try out the Late Night Lotto but often am driving home closer to East Coast park closing, so forget about it!

Yeah, I don't think it will be too bad of a situation with Valentine's Day! I will be on the cruise the day before, so I'm thinking of bringing "Galentine's Day" chocolates and giving them to all the female cruise workers!

6/27 - December Dining Updates and February Resort Updates

December trip:

First, I'm so happy I went with DVC rentals! The room discounts came out this week and there was NO AVAILABILITY at the places I wanted, at least not where it would actually save me money! That's not surprising; I'm just glad I don't have that added stress.

And I mentioned I booked my ADRs for December while I was in France. Also, have any of you noticed that with a split stay it doesn't do a rolling 180+10 days? It would have given me 3 separate booking dates for each check-in, even though they all rolled into one another. I ended up having to book a throwaway that would cover several days, book the dining, then cancel the throwaway a couple days later. Maybe it's especially weird with DVC rentals? I just have to hope nothing weird happens with Fastpass booking dates then!

But here are the updates, again with strikethroughs of previous plans. Anything that's updated in this post is in Red or Blue

Day 1, Thursday November 29
Flight arrival: 4:20pm (if it doesn't get changed on me again
clip_image001.png
)

Breakfast & Lunch: N/A
Dinner: Boma Yak and Yeti Nomad Lounge or Flame Tree BBQ- This will make more sense when I go into February trip details. I’ll have to check Nomad Lounge’s menu closer to the date (since they seem to change it up without notice), so I’ll see if there’s enough I’ll like. But Flame Tree BBQ has been on my list since my first trip, so maybe I’ll finally knock it out!

Evening Plans: Animal Kingdom with Flight Of Passage via standby line at park close

flame-tree-bbq-outside-andy.jpg

Day 2, Friday November 30 - No changes
Park: Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: some snack to tide me over
Lunch: Nomad Lounge, also, Wild Africa Trek Tusker House brunch
Dinner: Yak and Yeti Boma

Evening Plans: Resort time, soaking in the grand lobby and Christmas Decorations.

Day 3, Saturday December 1 – No changes
Switch AKL-BWI
Parks: AK, DHS

Breakfast: Mara, or maybe cinnamon roll in park
Lunch: Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian - with @Raeven
Dinner: Crew's Cup Lounge Il Mulino

Evening Plans: Jingle Bell Jingle Jam Dessert Party & Sunset Showcase (Will actually do this before dinner)

Day 4, Sunday, December 2 - No changes here - yet

Breakfast: Les Halles Boulangerie
Dinner: Chefs de France with Candlelight Processional (I’m still debating whether I should do Chefs de France for lunch or dinner. Last year it was $10 cheaper for I think the same meal. And then it would give more flexibility for snacking at the various booths.)

Evening plans: Candlelight Processional & Illuminations, some sort of Epcot bar crawl with @Raeven afterwards

Day 5, Monday, December 3 - no changes, yet
Parks: DHS, plus Disney Springs - This could be where I do Typhoon Lagoon...

Breakfast: Woody's Lunch Box
Lunch: TBD. Probably someplace DHS, either Sci Fi Drive In, 50s Prime Time or Hollywood and Vine
Dinner: Disney Springs probably D Luxe Burger or Pizza Ponte Edison

Evening plans: Christmas Tree Trail, The Edison

Day 6, Tuesday, December 4 – No changes

Breakfast: ? Maybe just Boardwalk Bakery...
Dinner: Ohana

Switch BWI - CCV

Breakfast: ?
Lunch: Boathouse Crew's Cup Lounge. Disney springs QS (D Luxe, Pizza Ponte, Daily poutine, or other – whatever I’m in the mood for). I’m postponing Crew’s Cup until February since I’ll be staying at BC.

Dinner: Hoop De Doo Revue

Evening plans: check out Fort Wilderness decorations, chill at WL lobby

D-Luxe-Burger_Full_27821.jpg

Breakfast: Trail's End Gaston Cinnamon Roll & ADR for Be Our Guest to get a cupcake! I think I’m doing BOG for cupcake another day, but I still have a BOG ADR, so I'll hold onto that until closer to the date.

Lunch: Be Our Guest for a cupcake only Grand Floridian Café The Plaza (it’s been getting good reviews and I want something light since it’ll be a relatively early dinner before MVMCP. I'm going to let myself sleep in a bit since it'll be a late night, so I may end up cutting a sit-down lunch altogether and just snack on some things at MK)
Dinner: Grand Floridian Cafe The Wave

Breakfast: skip/sleep-in or just Roaring Fork
Lunch: Geyser Point Grand Floridian Café.
Dinner: The Wave The Boathouse

Evening Plans: California Grill for dessert Chill at WL? Disney Springs? I think I’m going to postpone California Grill until February. I may do my own progressive dinner, ending there for dessert! But I’m hanging onto the ADR until I decide for sure!

Park: USO AK & MK

Breakfast: Roaring Fork
Lunch: Toothsome Tiffins and Wild Africa Trek
Dinner: Leaky Cauldron D Luxe Burger Whispering Canyon Café. I just decided since I’m staying at WL,might as well go with WCC. I also cut Trail’s End, so this gives more room for BBQ.

Evening plans: USO Christmas things Happily Ever After? Though it will depend on the crowds if I want to go back to the park for that…

whispering-canyon-cafe.jpg

Park: AK MK

Brunch: Tusker House Trail's End Maria and Enzo’s They just started a brunch that looks DELICIOUS! Also...chocolate fountain!

Lunch/Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe Pizza Ponte Geyser Point – Doesn’t make sense to go back to DS again, and if I’m at WL it’ll save money by taking DME not an Uber back to MCO. I also have a BOG ADR for this afternoon, so if I want a cupcake then, I can get it!

ME_Brunch_3.jpg

Plane leaves: 8:30

Ok, so that's what I have now. I also have some holdover ADRs which I haven't cancelled yet. I'll probably make tons of changes before December though!

February trip:

As I mentioned last week I had booked Beach Club Villas via renting DVC points. And I was trying to decide what to do about the night(s) post-cruise. And the night pre-BCV.

First, night pre-BCV: I'm going to go cheap on this, probably an All Star. I literally will just use it as a place to sleep. I didn't want to waste one of my expensive BCV nights when I will be arriving in the evening. I did do the math though, and I think I will get the Deluxe Dining Plan this night. It will give me 3 TS credits, 2 snacks, and a refillable mug, with each TS credit including an app, entree, dessert, and drink. Yachtsman Steakhouse has been on my radar for my trip planning, but I always saw the price tags and shrinked a bit. With the DxDP, I won't have that anymore (yeah, I'll be paying it, just in advance). This is also why I switched Yak and Yeti away from December - it makes sense to use that as my 3rd TS credit. Then I will be able to use the 2 snack credits on 2 expensive Festival of the Arts dishes. And the mug will come in handy during my other stays and the cruise. When I did the math, including AP discounts, taxes, etc, it would save me over $50 (before the mug)!

DSC00439-d@d.jpg

And the other exciting news, the nights post-cruise. I decided to go ahead and rent DVC again...this time at the Polynesian! This has definitely been one of my dream resorts. I was able to use a private renter (same one I'm getting CCV from) since the websites didn't have any owners with points available. I really can't wait to stay on a monorail resort! Which is why I think I may try to do a progressive dinner: drink and appetizer at Trader Sams, entree at Mizner or Citrico's Lounge, dessert at California Grill and fireworks! I'm also going to need to budget in plenty of relaxation time at the pools! I really hope February weather doesn't let me down!

polynesian-resort-00-full.jpg

I also went to book my airline tickets. I had planned to use miles, but the rates were actually pretty cheap: $243 round trip (I ended up around $300 since I added exit row seats each way). So I'll save those miles for another trip!

Maria and Enzo’s They just started a brunch that looks DELICIOUS! Also...chocolate fountain!

I also thought this looked good! I don't think we'll have time for it in Dec, but the chocolate fountain got my interest too.

Also I'm so excited for all our plans in Dec! I have to start a PTR soon because I think I have all my ADRs straightened out.

Yeah, I don't think it will be too bad of a situation with Valentine's Day! I will be on the cruise the day before, so I'm thinking of bringing "Galentine's Day" chocolates and giving them to all the female cruise workers!
I am a firm believer in give some love (or kindness) get some love (or kindness)! Sounds like a good plan!

Also, have any of you noticed that with a split stay it doesn't do a rolling 180+10 days? It would have given me 3 separate booking dates for each check-in, even though they all rolled into one another. I ended up having to book a throwaway that would cover several days, book the dining, then cancel the throwaway a couple days later. Maybe it's especially weird with DVC rentals? I just have to hope nothing weird happens with Fastpass booking dates then!
Hmmm. It does sound like DVC works slightly differently than regular hotel rooms. I was also wondering what happens with room charging privileges... I think on Backside of Magic they mentioned they didn't have charging privileges for a couple hours.... Which is kind of annoying.

Which makes me start to think about only switching once on our next trip.

The Plaza (it’s been getting good reviews and I want something light since it’ll be a relatively early dinner before MVMCP.
I think The Plaza is perfect for that!

SO, IF we went in December we would be there Dec 1st - 5th. BUT I really don't think it is going to happen. Andy wants to save money blah blah blah... And sadly, Disney's stupid ticket $$$$ makes it so hard to go for a short trip if you don't have annual passes.

Update 7/9 ADR changes

December trip:

Some quick changes (again!); rather than post the whole thing, I'm just going to post the changes! But the Candlelight Processional narrators were just announced (I can book ADRs on Tuesday morning via AP phone line), so I adjusted that a bit. I was extremely happy with the narrators, because...NEIL PATRICK HARRIS will be there during my dates (Dec 3-6)! That is pretty awesome, as most reviews say he's the best one! Also that means his packages sell out earliest, so I have to be on my A-Game!

upload_2018-7-9_14-34-9.png

Days 1-3: No changes

Day 4, Sunday, December 2 - No changes here - yet
Park: Epcot + maybe Typhoon Lagoon after brunch, since I'll be at Disney Springs anyways! But that will be weather dependent.

Brunch: Maria & Enzos with Raeven! She had mentioned she was interested too, so we adjusted schedules to do it on Sunday. Josh is skipping though because he doesn't want to get too full before Shulas! :rotfl:
Dinner: Festival booths. I may also book a CP dinner package as a backup. They haven't announced the narrator for that day, so if it turns out to be someone amazing (I'm talking truly awesome, like Mark Hammil or Lin Manuel Miranda), I may want to see them too! But most likely I'll just do the booths...​

Day 5, Monday, December 3
Parks: Epcot & DHS (probably do DHS morning w/FPs then Epcot in afternoon/evening)

Lunch: Chefs de France w/Candelight Processional package. Someone (you know who you are) may be joining me here, but this individual has yet to make a final decision on visiting WDW then... so, I'll probably make an ADR for 2 people and can call and change later.
Dinner: Edison​
Evening plans: Candlelight Processional (earliest time), Christmas Tree Trail, The Edison
Day 6: No changes
Switch BWI - CCV

Lunch: This keeps switching around. I have an ADR for Boathouse currently. I could end up just doing Disney Springs QS. So, expect that to possibly change! I could also end up doing 50s Prime Time, since that got cut with the change of CP date (I feel like 50s Prime Time is going to be my white whale; I'm never going to actually eat there)!​
Dinner: Hoop De Doo Revue (no change)

Top-10-Snacks-at-the-Magic-Kingdom.jpg

Breakfast/Lunch: I think I'm going to snack around MK for breakfast and lunch. I have a BOG for a cupcake; I also want to try the Gaston cinnamon roll, Dole Whip upside down cake, Cheshire Cat tail, maybe even Citrus Swirl finally.
Dinner: The Wave. (No change)

Lunch: The Plaza. I decided to push Grand Floridian Cafe to February when I do a "monorail progressive dinner", since that is the one at Grand Floridian that has entrees I'm most interested in. Also, with the reduced MK hours that day, it helps to stay in the park, rather than having to leave and come back (even if it is via monorail/boat).
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe. I figure, eat up and then I can roll my bloated self to the WL lobby and relax that evening!
Park: AK & MK

Breakfast: Roaring Fork (no change)
Lunch: Tiffins and Wild Africa Trek (no change; but I did officially book WAT)
Dinner: TBD. currently open and unplanned.

Park: AK MK

Breakfast: unplanned. I guess I could add back Trail's End brunch, but really, I don't feel like I'm a huge breakfast eater, so I'd rather grab a kids meal from Roaring Fork and save money!​
Lunch/Dinner: Geyser Point; though I may try to get over to DS to get Earl of Sandwich for the flight home.

February Trip:

Need to start thinking about ADRs for this trip because the booking date starts on July 30th!

So far I have:

Day 1, Tuesday Feb 5:

Dinner: Yak and Yeti (with DxDP)

yak-and-yeti-restaurant-00.jpg

Day 2, Wednesday, Feb 6:

Lunch: Festival booths (with DxDP)
Dinner: Yachtsman (with DxDP)

yachtsman-steakhouse-00.jpg

Days 3-5: will be focused around Epcot, DHS, DS. I currently have these on the schedule, but dates or places could change:
-Shulas
-Crew's Cup Lounge
-Mama Melrose w/Fantasmic package
-Morimoto Asia or another DS meal
-Rose & Crown or Tokyo Dining
-Plus more stops at Festival Booths

festival_arts_epcot_2017-148.jpg

Day 6: Sunday, February 10

Breakfast: Bon Voyage at Trattoria Al Forno. I'll be heading to the cruise ship, so figure this could be a good sendoff. Or maybe Cape May Cafe.

Boardwalk-Trattoria-al-Forno-Bon-Voyage-Character-Breakfast-Frying-Pan-Pastries-5-700x478.jpg

Day 7-9: cruise ship

disney_wonder_cruises.jpg

Day 10: Thursday, February 14

Dinner: Kona Cafe? Thinking I'll like to stick close to the Poly

polynesian-resort-lantern-andy.jpg

Day 11: Friday, February 15

Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern? Maybe?
Dinner: Progressive monorail dinner: Drinks and appetizer at Trader Sams, Entree at Grand Floridian Cafe, Dessert at California Grill

monorail-orange.jpg

Day 12: Saturday, February 16

Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: TBD.

.NEIL PATRICK HARRIS will be there during my dates (Dec 3-6)!

I know we already talked about it but I'm just going to say yay again! That's awesome, and I'm sure you'll have no problem booking it since you're on top of it all :thumbsup2

Brunch: Maria & Enzos with Raeven! She had mentioned she was interested too, so we adjusted schedules to do it on Sunday. Josh is skipping though because he doesn't want to get too full before Shulas! :rotfl:

YES chocolate fountain time! :rotfl:

maybe even Citrus Swirl finally.

Did you see the Peter Pan swirl they have too now? And the cheeseburger eggrolls are back, which I've never had one so I want to try!

(no change; but I did officially book WAT)

:cheer2:

Definitely keep this one it's so good! Plus you can have a chocolate souffle!

-Crew's Cup Lounge

I know this is well liked, but we didn't think the food/service was that great. The truffle fries were sooo good, but they took them off the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!