Footwear - sneakers or sandals

We also take both. I wear a pair of well broken in shoes that I wear around the house (tennis shoes with good support) and I also take my Birkinstock sandals that I live in! I alternate each day between the two. It helps keep your feet rejuvenated. I hadn't been wearing my birki sandals for a while since it was winter, only my birki clogs. Wore my clogs the first day when it was cooler and the second day it warmed up so I wore my birki sandals. Mistake! I barely made it around Epcot twice before my feet started hurting, so I wore my other shoes the rest of the tirp. I have a lovely picture of me hugging Mickey in my shorts, socks and birki clogs! yeah, classic "tourist picture" :earsgirl:

My vote would be DEFINITELY SNEAKERS. I can't imagaine wearing sandals walking around the parks all day. I just got back, wore sneakers everyday, walked alot and never got a blister.

:)

You should take both with you, just in case you like one more than the other. I like sneakers, but my girlfriend convinced me to buy a pair of Birkenstock sandals and now I'm hooked. SHe told me that I'd end up wearing them more than my sneakers at the parks. I didn't believe her until I finally bought them and broke them in. They're great!!! Just keep in mind that they are expensive. If money is an issue, sneakers will still be a great option, it's just that your feet won't be able to breathe as well. Have a grea time and take care of your feet....you'll need them to take you to all the great places in WDW. :)

Mickey76:)

I usually buy a good leather pair of loafers and sandels a month before to break them in. Then I alternate the shoes every other day so I do not blister.

Never understood why people put on sneakers and socks!

I love my velcro Teva sandles and wore them almost 90% of the time on our 8 day trip to WDW in June '99. I did wear socks and hiking/walkign shoes once and it was comfortable but my feet got hot! I took a pair of Birkenstocks as well and rotated those with my Teva's. I hate wet feet and when it rained it was nice to be in sandles that dried fast.

BUT....both my sandles were well worn in but not too old. My Birkenstocks had taken me all over a 4 weeks trip to Europe and my Teva's are my mainstay footwear as I manage a retail store and am on my feet all day 8 hours a day.

SO I guess it depends on you....I always wear sunscreen on the tops of my feet after I burnt my feet once, if you can remember to do that your feet will be fine.

I bought Tevas the day before I left so only had one day to break them in. I have extremely sensitive feet and they were the best investment I ever made. I wore them every day for 2 weeks without 1 problem .

I take both, actually, and alternate wearing them. if I wear sneakers to the parks during the day, I wear sandals at night and vice versa.

Sandals for me! I tried every type of tennis shoe known to man kind before buying my Tevas and every pair killed my feet. Finally about 1 1/2 years ago I decided to try Tevas thanks to recommendation on these boards. Best thing I ever did for my feet! They are more comfortable than any other shoes I have ever worn and they are the only shoes I can stand to walk all day in the parks in. I've tried alternating my sneakers and Tevas in the parks, but after a day in sneakers my feet kill me, so now I only bring the Tevas to the parks with me.

I wear Chaco sandals and tennis shoes. Problem with sandals is they don't protect your feet when stepped on during high traffic times (parades, fireworks) :(

Tevas didn't work for me. Not enough support for my fallen aches. Every foot is different so you must find the one that works for you :)

I can honestly say...get a good pair of sneakers.Don't wear crappy ones.Don't forget good socks,too.Good socks are VERY IMPORTANTI learned from experience the last time NOT to wear crappy shoes and bad socks..I wore a pair of really rundown sneakers and not only did I trip and sprain my ankle leaving the Illuminations fireworks on the first night there but I also ended up with a wierd rash on my feet from my socks that caused them to swell and turn red and painful so I couldnt' walk.The swelling on my feet didn't go down for the whole trip and I ended up in a wheelchair the whole time with only socks on and no shoes.I eventually broke down about 2 days into the trip and made my husband go buy me some cheap flipflops and an ace bandage for my sprained ankle.So please...get good shoes and good socks.They can make all the difference in the world.

sneakers...on our last trip I wore both cneakers and sandals(my worn-in Doc martens) and I just switched back in forth....since I dont wear sneakers much my feet begin to hurt and cramp so I have to switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter