FoP Height Requirement

Lilevilmisfit

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disney on April 20th for a week. My daughter is 5 and we have fast passes for FoP on Sunday. She is right at the 44 inch height or just a smidge above. Will she have problems with getting on or will one of us have to stay with her? First time I've been to disney in over 10 years. Thanks!

If she measures 44" by their measurement, she'll get on. If she's just the slightest bit under, she won't. There's really no way to know until you're there. I'd take her before the ride and have her checked. Teach her to stand straight and tall and wear her thickest sole shoes. Before anyone has fits- I am not saying try and fudge with the shoes- just don't wear shoes with paper thin soles.

We will take her before so we know for our FP time for sure. She is definitely 44 inches without her shoes so hopefully with them she hits their standards. Just wasn’t sure how finicky Disney is about height. Thanks!

Don't get nervous if they measure her more than once. My daughter was just over 40" on our last trip and she was measured multiple times on many rides but always made it through. Hoping she'll be at 44" for our Sept trip so we can take her on FOP!

They are very picky. We were waiting to tap our MBs, there was a non-English at their first language family ahead of us with a young daughter so we were slightly delayed in tapping while they measured and explained a swap. She was barely too short, like barely, like if she INHALED she would be tall enough. I was really surprised how diligent they are and I suspect the CMs get a lot of you-know-what from some families.

They are very picky. We were waiting to tap our MBs, there was a non-English at their first language family ahead of us with a young daughter so we were slightly delayed in tapping while they measured and explained a swap. She was barely too short, like barely, like if she INHALED she would be tall enough. I was really surprised how diligent they are and I suspect the CMs get a lot of you-know-what from some families.

It makes sense to be diligent since there is a reason it’s that height limit so we completely understand. Hopefully she will get a little growth spurt or reaches their standards. It’s also the only 44 inch ride I got FP’s for since I really want to ride it. It one of us needs to sit out with her it shouldn’t be a big deal.

It makes sense to be diligent since there is a reason it’s that height limit so we completely understand. Hopefully she will get a little growth spurt or reaches their standards. It’s also the only 44 inch ride I got FP’s for since I really want to ride it. It one of us needs to sit out with her it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Won't it qualify for rider swap so neither adult needs to miss out?

We will take her before so we know for our FP time for sure. She is definitely 44 inches without her shoes so hopefully with them she hits their standards. Just wasn’t sure how finicky Disney is about height. Thanks!

If she’s measuring 44 without shoes, she’ll probably be fine. My grandson was just the tiniest bit shy of hitting the mark for primeval whirl and it was a no go. So close I don’t think you could’ve slipped a piece of paper thru, but that’s just the way it is. They are very strict.

We are heading to Disney on April 20th for a week. My daughter is 5 and we have fast passes for FoP on Sunday. She is right at the 44 inch height or just a smidge above. Will she have problems with getting on or will one of us have to stay with her? First time I've been to disney in over 10 years. Thanks!
also making the height at front CM and then not at second will mean no ride even after standing in line thinking she has made it. make sure daughter understands that she has to hit the bar not go under if she wants to ride

M

Most likely? I had heard something about that but I wasn’t sure how it worked since I haven’t been to Disney in so long.

If she doesn’t hit the mark and therefore isn’t allowed to ride, yes you can definitely get a Rider Swap. But if she is 44” without shoes, she should be fine. Go earlier in the day rather than later because we do tend to shrink a tad over the course of a day.

Enjoy your vacation!

She will probably be fine, but you may want to let her know that she may not get to ride. When my DD was just over the 40 inch mark, she did make it on some rides but not others. Can sometimes depend on the person measuring, shoes, etc. In our case, one day they let her ride Soarin' and one day they didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!