FOP - Wait time

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
hey

So why is this ride sooooo good

I hear so many good reviews about it

But when I logged in out of intrest to see wait times today.

It said 295 minute wait

OMG can’t beleive people would wait that lol

Attachments

• 66D431BB-CE1D-4073-93B1-9E6F845B96FD.png
    66D431BB-CE1D-4073-93B1-9E6F845B96FD.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 9
It is really good. That being said, I'd wait 45 min max for it.

It's just really immersive and breathtaking. It's nice and long too.

It is like nothing else Disney has ever done.
Until FoP I'd have said I wouldn't wait 30 min for any ride, anywhere.
We waited 2 hours for FoP and would again without hesitation.

I won't wait more than 20-30 minutes for any ride except FOP which I'm willing to wait 60 minutes.

I'm willing to wait almost any amount of time for any ride I really want to go on in WDW, and there's not that many rides in all of WDW that I just HAVE to go on. Along with taking in the queue, I still have my phone and can log in and view the Disboards to read while I'm waiting. You'd be surprised how much time it takes sometimes to read Disboards, so the queue ends up going by real fast.

Like I said in another thread: I won't wait an hour for any ride but FoP would make me think twice.

Honestly it's just awesome. I have flown in military and civilian aircraft of all types and sizes and been in some pretty advanced simulators. FoP is the only thing that has ever given me the actual sense of wind in your hair flying. I feel like I am in that world actually flying on the back of that animal and it is amazing. Just amazing.

I'm willing to go through a long wait *once*, because I want to see the full queue. (Which means rope drop is not an option.) That doesn't mean 295 minutes, but I'm planning on an end-of-day wait some time during our next (low season) trip, figuring on 90 minutes.

Riding it 6-7 times on our September trip, I'm probably happy enough to see it once or maybe twice in future trips, with a FP.

Hopped into the queue on Wednesday at 7:50 pm - right before closing.
Posted wait time was 70 minutes - but as I had hoped it was shorter :D - was off the ride under 45 minutes :-).

They really seem to have a handle now on this - compared to May/June - but even then, shortly after the opening of Pandora I never
waited more than 75 minutes if taking advantage of the "last minute" approach.:idea:

It's still AWESOME :flower::cloud9: - and I just scored a FP for this evening - can't wait to be "Back on the back of a Banshee":dumbo:

I read that if you use FP you miss out on parts of the queue like the Avatar in the tank. Is that true?? I'm starting to rethink my FPs...

Yes - you will just get a glimpse at the laboratory through a window -
BUT because you will want to ride FOP again anyway -
KEEP that FP and enjoy the "full queue" at the end of the day + the beautifully lit-up Pandora with almost
nobody else around after closing ...

Awesome ride. Total immersive experience. The cold air. The Banshee breathing in-between your legs. I took my eyes off the total immersive screen just to see other above us on different levels. I was just curious as to how the ride functions. Yet agree with the above wouldn’t wait any longer than 45 minutes for any WDW ride.

It is good.
Disney did a great job on this one start to finish.
But would absolutely not wait that long for a few minute ride.
I might wait 60 minutes IF I had nothing else to do.
But likely I would not enter line unless it said less than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter