For All Those Who Get Groceries for your Disney Resort Stay, What Do You Get?

Christine

DIS Veteran
So, I am staying onsite which I haven done in a LONG time (Contemporary). The last few visits have been offsite for me so I get eggs, bacon, things to make breakfast, fruit which I cut up, pints of ice cream, etc.

Now I'm on site and I would like to have *some* things for the room. I'm also driving down so I can bring water bottles from home. But I will probably will make a trip to the store for bananas and a few yogurt cups or something.

Otherwise, what are some items you all get to put in the room? Fridge looks very small. I'm not big on granola bars or things like that. I've got some any details swirling in my head right now that I'm sure I'm missing something great. Looking for more healthful type stuff.

We’ve done grocery delivery the last two times. We fly though, so we have to be selective with what we can bring from home versus what to get there. Thus there are things we get that you could bring with you. Some suggestions there would be Vitamin Water/Gatorade to bring with you to the park, peanuts/cashews - bought a big box of Planters tubes from Sam’s before we went, it had salted peanuts, honey roasted, and cashews - also some snack crackers, although those aren’t that healthy, single serve peanut butter cups.

Most of the other stuff we ordered were more for the kids, some of which you’ve said - fruit (bananas, apple slices, grapes), yogurt (cups, pouches, and smoothies), uncrustables. We also ordered beer - nice to be able to sit on the balcony while the kids were sleeping and have a drink that didn’t cost $8 (my wife’s not a beer drinker, so she brought some Malibu rum and she’d mix it with Coke there).

WE bring or buy:

loaf of bread
peanut butter/jam
nuts
lara bars
fruit like oranges, bananas
coconut 'chips'/apple 'chips'
dates/figs
dry cold cereal (small boxes)
small bottles juice
bottled water
canned salmon/sardines
canned peas/carrots
canned tuna
relish (for tuna)
mustard (for sandwiches)

at the food court you can often buy grab n go stuff like milk (for cereal), yogurt with fruit/granola, muffins, salads, sandwiches, cookies, etc.
DVC resorts may have some items like sliced deli meats, cheese, whole fruit, etc.

also bring some plastic cutlery, ziploc baggies, paper plates, etc.

We make a quick breakfast/snack from these, or similar, items.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll probably be eating cereal in my room every morning (shredded wheat, milk) so I'll need to make sure I have the bowls and plastic cutlery. Thanks for that reminder.

Husband and son are not interested in cereal so they may be going to the kiosk or quick stop place for something. I've got one with me with a tree nut/peanut allergy so lots of the nut snacks we can't do. I won't be eating any other "meals" in the room such as sandwiches, but sometimes you just want "something" late at night!!

We got cereal, flavored coffee creamer, bananas, milk, a gallon water, Lara bars, chips - I think that’s all

We're a family of 5, staying 7 nights in July. We order though Garden Grocer We get:
- 2 cases of water
- some fresh fruit-- this time I think it's bananas and maybe some melon
- String Cheese
- Park snacks: PB & crackers, pretzels, goldfish, all individually wrapped.

We're on the DDP, so the main focus of our order is the water.

We stay in DVC villas almost exclusively now so we have a larger fridge but we don’t cook in our room so I’ll still include our list

Bottled water
Soda
Sports drinks
Milk and juice for kiddos
Breakfast bars (whatever you like)
Snacks such as:
Chips
Cheezits
Trail mix (box of many individual packets from Costco)
MnMs
Rice Krispy treats.

We like doing the breakfast bars to save time and money in the morning and then we like to pack snacks for the day to prevent buying as many snacks from disney.

We are staying in the cabins next month and are NOT early park people. Breakfast will be in the room, so I getting easy breakfast food, water and a few snacks.

Thanks for keeping your ideas coming. I'm going to be on the dining plan (standard plan) and, for us, it looks like breakfast is going to be the one that takes some thought. I'll make due with my boring cereal. The other two adults in the room with me like bigger breakfasts (eggs, bagels, egg sandwiches, etc) and are not "sweet" eaters for breakfast. They don't do muffins, doughnuts, danishes. Oh, and they and they only eat their bagels toasted. So I'm thinking those two are going to be walking to QS each morning and probably paying for that out of pocket. I'm heading to my own grocery store this morning and going to take a look at possible snack items I wouldn't normally have at home. My son also has a nut allergy so that limits a lot of protein bars or the less sweet options because they often use nuts in those type of snacks.

WE always have a full kitchen. For our longer trips, I do a full grocery shopping. Shorter trips the list is as follows:

Waffles and syrup
Milk and cereal
Chocolate milk
Peanut free cookies
Coffee
Cream
Bananas
Fruit squeeze pouches
Sandwich fixings
Cucumbers, peppers, carrots
Dip
Hot dogs and rolls
Crackers and cheese and kielbasa
Bleach cleaner
Tide pods
Ravioli and tomato sauce
Bagged salad
Water (big jugs). At this time of year we don’t carry bottles in the parks. It gets hot. Get water as needed at QS.

We too have a peanut allergy so granola bars, etc are off the list. Still lots of packable items. My kids like the waffles and I get Life cereal (nut free).

I’m also having Erin Mckenna’s bakery at Disney Springs deliver some treats—doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, tea cake, pineapple upside down cake. They are peanut free (they do use Bob’s Red Mill flour which may or may not be okay for your son). That way my daughter can have some treats as we can’t get most things on offer in the parks. On longer trips, I bake for her.

We usually get
water bottles
distilled water (for cpap - DH)
bananas
chips
salsa
cookies
yogurt
cheese sticks
paper towels
plastic bowls
cereal
milk
pump hand soap
laundry detergent
beer

Then why not bring along a few boxes of cereal and order a quart of milk?

I am bringing my own cereal along and will get milk offsite (see upthread). I'm just curious as to what sort of things people do big grocery runs for in a hotel room. I often find people on the DIS have some really cool ideas that would have never occurred to me.

WE always have a full kitchen. For our longer trips, I do a full grocery shopping. Shorter trips the list is as follows:

Waffles and syrup
Milk and cereal
Chocolate milk
Peanut free cookies
Coffee
Cream
Bananas
Fruit squeeze pouches
Sandwich fixings
Cucumbers, peppers, carrots
Dip
Hot dogs and rolls
Crackers and cheese and kielbasa
Bleach cleaner
Tide pods
Ravioli and tomato sauce
Bagged salad
Water (big jugs). At this time of year we don’t carry bottles in the parks. It gets hot. Get water as needed at QS.

We too have a peanut allergy so granola bars, etc are off the list. Still lots of packable items. My kids like the waffles and I get Life cereal (nut free).

I’m also having Erin Mckenna’s bakery at Disney Springs deliver some treats—doughnuts, cinnamon rolls, tea cake, pineapple upside down cake. They are peanut free (they do use Bob’s Red Mill flour which may or may not be okay for your son). That way my daughter can have some treats as we can’t get most things on offer in the parks. On longer trips, I bake for her.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm good with the full grocery list when I have a full kitchen. Do you ever just do the trip in a hotel room with no kitchen?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm good with the full grocery list when I have a full kitchen. Do you ever just do the trip in a hotel room with no kitchen?
On occasion. But we still have a dvc studio with a microwave, toaster, slightly larger fridge. I might bring shelf stable milk in that case—only chill as I need. Otherwise, the list is much the same.

We always order bagel thins and cream cheese for breakfast. They have toasters in ,I believe, most of the food courts for guests to use. I haven't seen it but I would like to buy hard boiled eggs to keep in the fridge so we can get some good protein to start the day. The meat, cheese and cracker trays are also a go to snack while on vacations along with fresh fruit, hummus and some cut up veggies. We also pack beef sticks from costco to take into the parks with us along with granola bars ( which I know you said is a no go for you :))

We buy breakfast stuff. Bagels (use food court toaster), oj, yogurt, fruit, sliced cheese, some snack stuff- chips, microwave popcorn, jug water for coffee maker. Florida water even makes coffee bad :crazy2:, wine, coolers

We buy cereal, fruit snacks, s’mores stuff, granola bars, oatmeal packets/ cups, juice boxes. When we get to resort we just buy milk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter