For the first time in forever ... First time dining OOP live dining report ~ August 23 ~28 - Verdict

But tonight at coral reef I was kinda glad we didn't have to order desert (the kids were tired at that point and were more than ready to head back to the hotel)

I completely understand this. I felt like that way with our QS meals. Waiting for my kids to eat lunch (Alice is the slowest eater alive) and also eat a dessert would be too much to handle. Not to mention that I need to have dessert as a bargaining chip when I need it ie: kids, we're getting a mickey bar and getting the heck out of here.

Hi all. It was our first morning waking up at WDW. We slept in - it was nice not to rush for a morning ADR. Our plan was breakfast in the room and then the pool. I went to roaring forks and got 3 breakfasts to go. DH made his breakfast from my garden grill order. Breakfast
was )30. For me and the 2 kids;

image.jpg
image.jpg

The scrambled breakfast was just ok. DD loved her Mickey waffles, the staff is so nice at roaring fork. They put powdered sugar on her Mickey waffles.

After that it was out first time swimning in the new quiet pool at Wilderness lodge. It was anazing - we made today a pool day and I got lunch at roaring forks, we are at our pool chairs. image.jpg

Lunch was interesting I bought the kids the flatbread pizza kids meal but they were so small that I had to go back and order 2 more for my kids . I got the sausage pizza flatbread at roaring forks and it was terrible.

Sorry I posted too early. It was a Shane because before the renovation roaring forks had the best flatbreads. No longer

After our pool day. We went to magic kingdom. We are there now having dinner at be our guest.
image.jpg

Will post after we get our meals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
Had a wonderful meal tonight at be our guest. I had the lamb chops (I asked them to substitute the couscos with potatoes which was no problem), it was amazing

image.jpg

DH had the chicken breast with mustard sauce which he really liked
image.jpg

The kids got macaroni and cheese (note my kids did not like the offerings on the kids menu there so when I asked for Mac and cheese, our server said that it was no problem. )

After be our guest we enjoyed a warm summer night at MK. According to my lines app, the crowd level was only a 5, but there were still pretty much 30 minute + waits for most rides, especially the popular ones. Here's our view from tomorrow land speedway.
image.jpg

It was getting really muggy so after a few hours we called it a night, then the most magical thing happened we got on an almost empty boat back to wilderness lodge when the fireworks started tonight at 9pm. We sat outside at the back of the boat and enjoyed our beautiful fireworks cruise....this moment will be one of my all time "happy place" memories.

... Continued next post

image.jpg

After the boat we went to roaring forks and got three Dist serve ice creams and 1 fruit cup. Price $17.00

Here are today's tally;
Breakfast $30.00
Lunch $53.51
Dinner at be our guest 108.77 (no appetizers ,alcoholic beverages were ordered)
17$ snack at roaring forks

Day 2 trip tally $209.28

Total trip meal cost so far $391.42.

Goodnight all will post again tomorrow :flower:

Had a beautiful smooth flight out of westchester airport Ny.
Hey, that's where we usually fly out of! Except earlier this month we left from Hartford and in Nov. Albany had much better prices. But 90% of the time it's Westchester. We're in Dutchess County, where are you?

Some thoughts: I have never thought I would ever go to Disney without a dining plan. But tonight at coral reef I was kinda glad we didn't have to order desert
This is one of the reasons we stopped doing the DP. Often we don't want dessert right after dinner, but later we want to get a snack somewhere. I hated not eating dessert at dinner when it was included in the plan we'd paid for and I also hated missing out on a snack in the park I really wanted. And, sometimes if I wanted a snack an hour before dinner, I wouldn't get it b/c I knew then I wouldn't eat dessert. Now I don't have to think ahead like that!

It was a Shane because before the renovation roaring forks had the best flatbreads. No longer
WL is my favorite resort, and we loved the old RF. Earlier this month was our first stay since it reopened and we weren't impressed with the food there at all unfortunately. Breakfast was ok but nothing special, and the couple times we ate meals there - eh. Geyser Point is much better.

Love that your doing this live report! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

BOG looks so good! I am so excited to see you pics of the pool a the WL!! My hubby and I plan on lounging on check in day there while his parents take our toddler to the MK.

We are eating at Coral Reef in September. I will also get the steak and its good to know that I can get double mashed potatoes in place of vegetables. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Hi all, so sorry I haven't updated in a few days, everything after the Not So Scary Halloween party was a blur! We got home Monday afternoon after a smooth flight. 5 nights for us at WDW was perfect. I'll be binge updating now xoxox :flower1:

Hey, that's where we usually fly out of! Except earlier this month we left from Hartford and in Nov. Albany had much better prices. But 90% of the time it's Westchester. We're in Dutchess County, where are you?

Hi we are in Westchester County, near White Plains. It's only a 15 minute drive to HPN airport for us, it's a cute airport and a lot less hectic/bananas than JFK. We only leave out of JFK when we go to the Caribbean.

This is one of the reasons we stopped doing the DP. Often we don't want dessert right after dinner, but later we want to get a snack somewhere. I hated not eating dessert at dinner when it was included in the plan we'd paid for and I also hated missing out on a snack in the park I really wanted. And, sometimes if I wanted a snack an hour before dinner, I wouldn't get it b/c I knew then I wouldn't eat dessert. Now I don't have to think ahead like that!

Yep, I agree. Plus when we go in August it's so hot it kind of kills my appetite for sweets.

WL is my favorite resort, and we loved the old RF. Earlier this month was our first stay since it reopened and we weren't impressed with the food there at all unfortunately. Breakfast was ok but nothing special, and the couple times we ate meals there - eh. Geyser Point is much better.

Love that your doing this live report! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks you so much, we had a great time. :cutie:

Just got caught up. Hope you are having a great time! Looking forward to more reviews.

Thanks so much for joining in :D

Just found your report. Love the live reports... and your info on being dining plan free

Thanks for joining the party :flower:

Following along. Can't wait to hear more...

Thanks & i'll be updating now :-)

BOG looks so good! I am so excited to see you pics of the pool a the WL!! My hubby and I plan on lounging on check in day there while his parents take our toddler to the MK.

You will love it, it's our families favorite resort!

That shrimp dish at Coral Reef looks pretty yummy!

It was so good, one of the best meals that I had that trip!

We are eating at Coral Reef in September. I will also get the steak and its good to know that I can get double mashed potatoes in place of vegetables. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Yep, my husband will not eat veggies. All the restaurants at Disney will do that for you on request, it's no problem. :p

Hi all, thanks so much for following along! I am now at home with my Disney bill in front of me and will continue will my trip report.

Grand total so far: $332. 20 (Day 1 & 2)

Day 3 - Friday 8/25 - :maleficen Not So Scary Halloween Party :chewy: :hmghost:

Today was going to be another pool day and we had the Not So Scary Halloween Party at night. Now the weather forecast looked rainy for the second half of our trip so we wanted to enjoy the sum/pool while we could.

Also some background info; DS 12 is extremely heat sensitive. So is DH. When you travel in August - when it's surface of the sun hot in the day, it's better for us to enjoy the pool and go to the parks after an early 5pm dinner. Also, last August we stayed at Boardwalk Villas and just didn't have a magical trip. DS and DH were uncomfortable / cranky in the parks in the morning with the heat so I knew I had to make some changes to make this a better trip. So what I did - and I'm very happy to say it worked and we had a much better time this trip - is that instead of morning ADR's and park time, I brought breakfast back to the room, enjoyed the pool all day, quick service lunch pool side and left the pool at 3-ish to get ready for dinner. We did have two cloudy - misty rain mornings when we went to the parks in the morning after breakfast in our room , when the heat wasn't as bad. We had a little more rain starting Saturday night on with the tropical disturbance 92L, but while there was more rain than usual for us, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be (like when we stayed during Hurricane Irene in 2011 and every time we got to the pool it poured). The rain only really impacted us Saturday night - which I will detail - stay tuned! :stitch2:

I wasn't super impressed with Roaring Forks breakfast, so I wanted to try Geyser Point for me and DS ($18.09 for 2 breakfast meals) which I brought back to our room. DH made oatmeal from my Garden Grocer groceries that I ordered. and DD only wanted her mickey waffles (that are not on the menu at Geyser Point, so I also had to make a stop at Roaring Fork for her mickey waffle and bacon breakfast ($9.37) I thought the breakfast from Geyser Point was better than the one from Roaring Forks one the day before.

photo (17).JPG

Breakfast Total: $27.46
Grand Total: $359.66

After breakfast we enjoyed another sunny pool day. The new quiet pool has these beautiful cabanas. Here's ours where I also brought back lunch for the kids to eat poolside.

photo.JPG

Lunch was the flatbread pizzas at Roaring Forks for the kids;
Cost $23.94 (DH and I skipped lunch).

Grand Total: $383.60

Last edited:
Day 3 continued

Since we had tickets to MNSSHP, we ate at MK. Since DS is into American history this was our first time at Liberty Tree Tavern.

The wait to get seated was long. 35 minutes or so. We requested the Benjamin Franklin room@ and luckily got it. (Also when you make special seating requests that can request your wait time. ) we got a beautiful seat with our founding father looking on;

image.jpg

Dinner was wonderful. We never had pot roast and the meat was delicious and tender. The mashed potatoes were excellent. My kids loved the mashed potatoes. I can only imagine how amazing the dining experience was when they had the characters there! pooh:

I loved the salad and hot rolls with honey butter; so good!!

photo3.JPG

After dinner my kids did tons of trick or treating. We got to watch the parade, here's cruella deville doing her thing;

image.jpg

The castle lit up in green;

photo4.JPG

Overall the Halloween party was nice but it was a "one and done" for us. I was told the rides would be walk on during the party, but everything was pretty much a 30+ minute wait. I can do better by getting there early one morning!!. The 8 pounds of candy wasn't worth what I paid for the tickets. Also there were no times posted for the character meet and greets so we were afraid to get on the line to take pictures as we had no clue how long we would be waiting (the character pictute lines were l-o-n-g and we didn't want to hop on a line and not know if was a 20 or 50 minute wait). The parade was beautiful though.

Someone there told me when Disney first started the party they only let 10,000 people in so the lines were walk on for the attractions. Now Disney lets 35,000 people in - hence the long attraction rides we experienced. :guilty:

Total for dinner: $ 136.62
Grand total: $ 520.22

Last edited:
Aw that sucks about MNSSHP! I remember going once in Sept and it was sooo quiet, but we are going this year in October so I'm expecting a lot more crowds. I am really tempted to book LTT for an upcoming trip. I have eaten there once years ago but had no idea of the different rooms.

Let me know how it is in October! Hope you have a fantastic time! Yes, I would eat at LTT again, it was a really nice meal.

Aw that sucks about MNSSHP! I remember going once in Sept and it was sooo quiet, but we are going this year in October so I'm expecting a lot more crowds. I am really tempted to book LTT for an upcoming trip. I have eaten there once years ago but had no idea of the different rooms.

Let me know how it is in October! Hope you have a fantastic time! Yes, I would eat at LTT again, it was a really nice meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!