For those waiting for July/Aug codes

BuckNaked

Naked can be good!
I spoke with SoG yesterday and asked about overflow rates for the end of July. I was quoted all of the mods for $94/night plus tax. On three previous trips and while planning our June 2005 trip, the SoG overflow rate was the same as the AP rate. So take it for what it's worth, but it could be an indication of the AP/FL resident rates for the July/August timeframe.

I keep feeling really ignorant on this board. Could you please explain what overflow rates are? Thanks,
Chris

shoehouses said:
I keep feeling really ignorant on this board. Could you please explain what overflow rates are? Thanks,
Chris

Overflow rates are for those who want to stay at SOG, but cannot b/c SOG is booked. SOG will then offer you an "overflow rate" at a WDW resort.

My family decided to go to Disney in April just this week. My mom called SOG and not surprisingly they were booked. My mom was offered an overflow rate at the GF, BC, BWI, CR, etc. She took the BWI for $239 a night which happens to be cheaper than what we could have gotten with an AP discount. We are pretty excited about it. :jumping1:

just thought I'd add for anyone who is new and not familiar with SOG that Shades of Green is the resort that is for use by miliary families. Not just anyone can book a room at SOG, you have to be active or retired military or a civilian employee of the DOD etc. Prices at SOG are determined by your rank. If SOG is full then they can offer "overflow" rates at other resorts but again, only for military families. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter