For those who own a Apple TV

She thinks it would use data then I would get in trouble with my dad

The Apple TV can't use data. It has no ability to connect to a cellular network. It uses wi-fi.

The Apple TV and Amazon Fire stick are very similar devices. One is designed for people who get their movies and music from Apple. The other is designed for people who get their movies and music from Amazon. Neither one uses data.

This article doesn't say that. In the section on using HDMI to connect, it mentions using the TV remote to switch between the HDMI ports on your TV...in other words, change the video source from your cable box to your iPad.

Dh and I misread it honest mistake

I put a lot of time and thought into it and what I am going to do is think of this like a Apple detox

I did some research and it looks like I can repurchase what I still have s interest in on the amazon store with out subscribing to prom correct?

I going through my ITunes account and wondering what in Gods name was I thinking when I downloaded more then half of the stuff

A I can either watch it on Netflix for free

B I no longer watch it

So if I am understanding the article correctly there we'll soon be a app that I can down load in to the fire stick that well allow me to view my Apple apps any idea when this well be and do I neec to be a prim member

So if I am understanding the article correctly there we'll soon be a app that I can down load in to the fire stick that well allow me to view my Apple apps any idea when this well be and do I neec to be a prim member

No, it's the other way around. Apple is going to put Amazon's video app on the Apple TV. That will let you watch Amazon videos on an Apple TV.

I wouldn't expect to ever be able to use Apple's apps on another company's device.

So I keep looking for favorite shows and movies and they are really pushing the prime

I wish I could just purchase family ties and rent nine lives
But they want 100 dollars

Update dh just hooked up my iPad to the tv the only downside is that the movie does not fill the tv screen the great is the ipad reaches the bed so I dont miss the remote

No, it's the other way around. Apple is going to put Amazon's video app on the Apple TV. That will let you watch Amazon videos on an Apple TV.

I wouldn't expect to ever be able to use Apple's apps on another company's device.
iTunes runs on Windows, so I wouldn't say never.

I don't know how big the market is for buying or renting movies from iTunes, but I would expect that the majority of people who do that are Apple loyalists who wouldn't generate demand for an Apple app on a Fire stick.

We only have a little in the way of paid iTunes video content. The main reasons we have an Apple TV is that DH is one of those Apple loyalists, he dislikes Google for knowing too much about people and I dislike Amazon for the stories of the way they treat their employees, leaving Apple as the company we can agree on. So I can't claim that our decision to get n Apple TV was driven by the sort of objective comparison many people would apply to choosing between them. Nevertheless, we're very happy with it. The vast majority of our content is with Netflix, free providers (PBS, other networks), and DVDs we own, so we have no reason to consider an Amazon device or subscription.

Besides, our Apple TV screen saver uses pictures from our WDW/USO vacation last fall. :smooth:

I just got off the phone with my mom and I would hate to be the Apple employee that she spoke to he is the one that pushed the fire stick Apple number one compteter (sp) I am sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter