For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

When this happens to me, I tell the attendant that I don't drive trucks, SUVs, or vans because I'm not used to the different sight lines compared to my usual sedan. I have always been directed to choose a sedan in the next available class at no extra cost. It has never been questioned at the exit booth.
Thanks!

Reserved a midsize this past weekend, had a couple pickups available in the midsize section so we took a Silverado.

It smelled slightly of smoke so we told the attendant when leaving and she noted it in our paperwork so we would not b charged. Nicknamed it Smokey.

I just booked thru Costco for our trip in late July-early August. We got a intermediate SUV...upon what others are saying, it doesn't seem like Alamo has their act together when it comes to placing cars in the right aisle. Should I be concerned we might not get what we reserved?

I just booked thru Costco for our trip in late July-early August. We got a intermediate SUV...upon what others are saying, it doesn't seem like Alamo has their act together when it comes to placing cars in the right aisle. Should I be concerned we might not get what we reserved?

I think you will get what you reserved or better. They do an excellent job at accommodating customers IMO. Honestly though I have seen vans and smaller SUVs sometimes in the full and midsize aisles. Unless it is cheaper I would hold multiple reservations and go to the lot when you get there and see what is in each aisle and see if your cheapest option has something you might want. Then use your phone and do online check in and skip the counter. Then you just give credit card and DL to gate agent and your on your way. Save yourself some money. Also check Costco daily as they prices change all the time. I just go into the Costco site a couple days prior to my trip and cancel all but the cheapest ones. Have a great trip.

You wont be downsized. If anything it will be from a class above. And if it is something you don't like go up to the booth and ask. They are pretty good abotu finding something that fits for you. Or just hang there for a few minutes - turnover is high and new stuff arrives all the time.

I think you will get what you reserved or better. They do an excellent job at accommodating customers IMO. Honestly though I have seen vans and smaller SUVs sometimes in the full and midsize aisles. Unless it is cheaper I would hold multiple reservations and go to the lot when you get there and see what is in each aisle and see if your cheapest option has something you might want. Then use your phone and do online check in and skip the counter. Then you just give credit card and DL to gate agent and your on your way. Save yourself some money. Also check Costco daily as they prices change all the time. I just go into the Costco site a couple days prior to my trip and cancel all but the cheapest ones. Have a great trip.

Thank you! Yeah, I remember when I looked last month the price was $40 more and that was with 1 less day. I snagged this one today.

I just don't want us ending up with some massive SUV when we are used to the Honda CRV/Toyota Rav 4 styles.

I can have multiple reservations until the moment I pick up, cancel and not run into any fees?

You wont be downsized. If anything it will be from a class above. And if it is something you don't like go up to the booth and ask. They are pretty good abotu finding something that fits for you. Or just hang there for a few minutes - turnover is high and new stuff arrives all the time.

Thanks very much :)

I can have multiple reservations until the moment I pick up, cancel and not run into any fees?

Yes you can have multiple reservations. Since you don't reserve with a credit card they can't charge you any fees for it. Just make sure you do online check in from your phone and then skip the counter and then you won't risk someone at the front desk asking you. You can also go on your phone the same day and cancel if your worried about it but it does not say anywhere in the agreement when reserving that they can charge you a fee for not cancelling within a certain time frame or at all. I hold reservations all the time for weekends that I have stuff planned and then it falls through and I forget to cancel. I have never been charged at all.

Yes you can have multiple reservations. Since you don't reserve with a credit card they can't charge you any fees for it. Just make sure you do online check in from your phone and then skip the counter and then you won't risk someone at the front desk asking you. You can also go on your phone the same day and cancel if your worried about it but it does not say anywhere in the agreement when reserving that they can charge you a fee for not cancelling within a certain time frame or at all. I hold reservations all the time for weekends that I have stuff planned and then it falls through and I forget to cancel. I have never been charged at all.

Great, thank you!

1) Has anyone ever received a free additional driver for a spouse? I'm getting a better deal by using the AmEx deal than the Costco deal, but the Costco deal offers free additional driver. I'm torn.

2) If we decide to use the AmEx deal that does not offer a free additional driver, and since the Alamo membership is in my name, can I change the driver to be DH when I do the on-line check-in and skip the counter?

Last edited:
2) If we decide to use the AmEx deal that does not offer a free additional driver, and since the Alamo membership is in my name, can I change the driver to be DH when I do the on-line check-in and skip the counter?

Whenever I do on-line check-in as an Alamo Insider, my information is pre-populated with name, DOB, driver’s license, etc. However, there is no fee to join the Alamo Insider program, so why not set up an account for your DH and use that account to associate with the AmEx reservation?

why not set up an account for your DH and use that account to associate with the AmEx reservation?
That's probably the easiest solution. Thanks. However, if we use the Costco reservation, how and when do I add the additional driver?

That's probably the easiest solution. Thanks. However, if we use the Costco reservation, how and when do I add the additional driver?
For the Costco reservation, log in to your Alamo Insider account and use the Alamo confirmation number included on the Costco confirmation to associate the reservation with your account. Then do the on-line check-in. Before completing your own information, scroll down to where the add a driver option will be found and complete the required information. Then go back up to complete your own information. For some reason whenever I’ve completed my own information first, the entries get erased when I add the additional driver, so entering the extra driver first saves time and effort. If you add credit card information at this time, you can also choose the skip the counter option and print a form to use when you go directly to the appropriate aisle to select your rental car.

Since you don't reserve with a credit card they can't charge you any fees for it.
I believe I have a credit card linked to my account. They won't actually charge me if I wait until last minute to cancel an unwanted reservation?

Picked up my rental car this morning. I had a midsize car reserves. The aisle has 2 pickup trucks and a 2 door hatchback. It was just before 6am. There wasn’t an attendant in the booth but I was able to speak with someone that was helping with brining cars in from being washed. I asked if I could get a regular sedan with a regular trunk. He wasn’t able to let me take something from another aisle but went and brought something out from the car washing area. So I have a Toyota Carrolla. It has more miles on it then I would prefer (18k) but it drives nicely.

I believe I have a credit card linked to my account. They won't actually charge me if I wait until last minute to cancel an unwanted reservation?

I have never been charged and many times I have forgotten to cancel a reservation. If you don't see anything in there contract stating a fee they can't charge you a cancellation fee.

Just back yesterday from WDW. We rented thru Alamo at MCO. Used online check in and it was a breeze! We rented a full-size car this trip. Our last trip in September we rented the same tier of vehicle. This year the only types of vehicles in our row were four door cars (Nissan Altima or other 4 door cars) and full size pick up trucks. Last year renting the same we had a choice between cars, mini vans and a Jeep pilot or Liberty I can’t remember. Just wanted to share.

Yes you can do this. Just do the online check in and skip the counter on your phone while you sit in the car that your choosing. I recommend a Mid Size and Full Size reservation to be safe as long as the Mini Van. Just show them on your phone the email or thing the need to scan. You just give them your credit card and DL and then your good to go. Shouldn't have a problem at all. Good luck
I thought we had to print the contract. I don't believe I've rented from Alamo before. Will doing all of this on my phone work for me without printing anything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter