for WeLoveDisney: some thoughts

Wilma Flintstone

<font color=CC66CC>I'm the hip and interesting wif
I read all 7 pages of responses back to you about your unfortunate stay at the GF.
It is not too much to ask to feel "Disney magic" at ANY of the hotels. In my opinion, the Wilderness Lodge had the most wonderful CMs in all of WDW (agreeing with your sister). I distinctly got the impression that they pride themselves in trying harder for you. After checking out of the WL, we arrived for 7 days at the Yacht Club. Both hotel rooms were cast member discounted. It took me a year of numerous phone calling, overlapping reservations AND my CM friend to sign us in to BOTH hotels for the discount. And yet, the CM at the front desk of the Yacht Club had a horrible attitude toward me. She made me feel like she was GIVING me the room. I did pay for a waterview room and politely asked to be assured that this was, indeed the case. The bellman bringing our luggage up to our room even made a remark about our CM-discount..."oh...are you a cast member..where do you work..or do you KNOW somebody....figures!!" I could not believe what I was hearing. This was their slow time (late Aug.) and here I'm shelling out for 7 days plus eating in their restaurants and buying souvies in all the resort shops. I am a pleasant woman who loves Disney and who believes in a smile going a long way.
That said, I still feel that the Yacht Club remains one of my very favorite resorts, but the CMs that work there left alot to be desired. Our first room had scaffolding below us. I called the front desk and they reassured us that it would not go any higher. Well, you guessed it--that afternoon I had 3 sweaty, soda guzzling workers staring in on me as I brought laundry in. We were given another room but it was at the far end of the resort (near Dolphin) and we spent half the day moving.
I guess we all have stories about things going wrong etc. My experiences took place in 1997, however. I dread thinking about the level that the Resorts have sunk to since then.
I'm glad you finally heard from someone and hopefully your family can have the vacation they deserved. Health and happiness to your entire family....all the best, Wilma:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter