Formal night on Oasis

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by chrismiss56, Aug 10, 2017.

1. chrismiss56

chrismiss56 LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS....

Hi

My family is not into dressing up on formal nights. They like to dress cruise or business casual.

Is that a big issue on Oasis? Are there alternatives for dining other than MDR?

Thanks for you input

2. FabFourteenFamilyFun

FabFourteenFamilyFun Mouseketeer

I was on the Allure last year- 10 women- we wore dresses but not formal dresses. I took 4 dresses in a carry on! Not doing that again- 1-2 max! We are going on Harmony in April- 6 adults and the guys will be wearing dockers and collared shirts. My mother was on the Allure this year and saw a guy in shorts on formal night. Some people like to dress up- not me- but I don't think you should go in shorts and tshirts either on formal night- there are other places to eat. Have a great time!

3. John VN

John VN DIS Cast Member

Formal there were a number of men in shorts and women nothing fancy on our Nov. Oasis.

4. WishingMom

WishingMom DIS Veteran

Last May we saw a mix of everything on formal night from tuxes and gowns to ripped jeans and shorts. This was on the Allure. Next year I'll bring a black cocktail dress and maybe 1-2 maxi dresses.

5. PrincessBelle39

PrincessBelle39 DIS Veteran

We were on the Oasis in June/July this year. We dressed for the 2nd formal night but not the first. We ate in Windjammer that night. But in all honesty there was pretty much a mix of dress. Some formal, some casual.