Former SoCal resident here. Excited to take my kids this July. It’s a surprise so we can’t tell them

Golfnut80

Earning My Ears
Just booked our trip for July! I grew up with an annual pass every year. 20 years ago (wow, time flies) I left for the military. Fall 2015 we took our son for his first visit. It was so awesome to see the Disney magic through his eyes! He still talks about that trip to this day. I’m even more excited this time because my daughter is OBSESSED with Disney princesses. She’ll be 3.5 and my son will just shy of turning 7, he’s finally tall enough for E ticket rides! We’ll be staying with my mom, 11 miles from her driveway to DLR. We bought 4 day park hoppers on base with the amazing military special, $188 per ticket! Both my mom and sister have signature plus passes, so they’ll be able to join us(And we can use their dining and shopping discounts! The only plan right now is to start day one with the Surf’s Up character breakfast at PCH Grill. We’re not telling the kids until we get to LA. They just know we’re going to grandma’s house. The plan is to wake up and “go out to breakfast” and then head to PCH grill. I’m sure my son will figure it out as we get closer. Anyway, is it July yet?

Have fun! The wife and I used to hit DL all the time until my son was born. Took him and my daughter (about the same age as yours) two summers ago and also made it a surprise.

I'm so excited for you!! Don't miss Jedi Training Academy!!! It's a total must for any Star Wars fan! My 7 year old just "battled" Kylo Ren two weeks ago...he was a bit star struck! LOL :) Post your details and share your trip thoughts! It'll get you through until July....:mickeyjum

Just booked our trip for July! I grew up with an annual pass every year. 20 years ago (wow, time flies) I left for the military. Fall 2015 we took our son for his first visit. It was so awesome to see the Disney magic through his eyes! He still talks about that trip to this day. I’m even more excited this time because my daughter is OBSESSED with Disney princesses. She’ll be 3.5 and my son will just shy of turning 7, he’s finally tall enough for E ticket rides! We’ll be staying with my mom, 11 miles from her driveway to DLR. We bought 4 day park hoppers on base with the amazing military special, $188 per ticket! Both my mom and sister have signature plus passes, so they’ll be able to join us(And we can use their dining and shopping discounts! The only plan right now is to start day one with the Surf’s Up character breakfast at PCH Grill. We’re not telling the kids until we get to LA. They just know we’re going to grandma’s house. The plan is to wake up and “go out to breakfast” and then head to PCH grill. I’m sure my son will figure it out as we get closer. Anyway, is it July yet?
First, THANK YOU for your service to our country! ::yes::

Second, we are taking our granddaughter for her first trip next June. She also will be 3 and 1/2 years old and is also obsessed with Disney princesses with very little encouragement needed from us. So I can relate to you and your daughter.

Finally, you are already getting some good tips from others here. We are planning to get our little princess into the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique (BBB) - see https://disneyland.disney.go.com/shops/disneyland/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/. You may want to check into that too.

Keep coming back here and researching as best you can. There are a lot of things to see and choices to make. If you are driving in as you discuss that will make evenings a challenge for you with small kids and no good chance for them to get a nap. You may want to plan at least one day where you sleep in late and come to the parks late just so you can get an evening in and see one of the shows. The Paint the Night (PTN) parade is incredible and World of Color may be the best nighttime show for a young child. Seeing WOC requires research and a plan because viewing locations are so limited especially for kids and adults of smaller stature. See World of Color Superthread.

:wizard:

Last edited:

You should consider taking your daughter to the BBB. They will get her all dressed up as her favorite princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter