Fort Lauderdale - Port to Airport

If you are over the $800 allowance you have to pay the fees/duties/taxes and they only take cash.

Make sure it is an item you really truly want, follow the customs form closely, disclose everything that you should and have cash to pay the government when you disembark.

I think this is really good advice, but according the US customs website they also accept personal checks, etc.

How to Pay Customs Duty

If you owe Customs duty, you must pay it before the conclusion of your CBP processing. You may pay it in any of the following ways:

• U.S. currency only.
  • Personal check in the exact amount, drawn on a U.S. bank, made payable to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. You must present identification, such as a passport or U.S. driver's license. CBP does not accept checks bearing second-party endorsement.
  • Government check, money order or traveler's check if the amount does not exceed the duty owed by more than $50.
In some locations/POEs, you may pay duty with either MasterCard or VISA credit cards.

We booked the 9:30. With self-disembarkation and Pre-check at the airport, we are banking on getting out in time. I'll report back. Hopefully it won't be a disaster.
What ship are you on? If it's an Oasis class ship and you're at terminal 18 you should be fine as long as there is no unexpected delays.

We had an 11:40am flight from FLL after our Allure cruise. We did self-disembark and we got to the airport by 7:30am. It's still chancing it if any ship delays but if all ontime then it's doable.

We had an 11:40am flight from FLL after our Allure cruise. We did self-disembark and we got to the airport by 7:30am. It's still chancing it if any ship delays but if all ontime then it's doable.
If the OP is on Harmony or Allure he/she should be fine. Those ships usually get in earlier and use Terminal 18 which is a breeze to get through.

I've sailed on IOS out of Port Everglades twice in the last few years. We did self assist both times. The first time we were at Terminal 18 and were already picking up our rental car at 8am. The second time though we were at terminal 25 and it took forever to get off the ship. We were in line for well over an hour. There is no way we could have made it to the airport for a 9:30 flight.

Independence of the Seas

Great ship! We had a noon flight out. Easily could’ve made the earlier one @ 10:30 pm.

It’s all about not running into any speed bumps & lining up early for self-disembark. Still, you better hope you have no issue with customs, grabbing a cab, etc.

After getting stuck on the Fantasy last year due to mechanical issue on first sailing after dry dock, sure was glad we had a later flight booked (had planned on visiting MK).

Boat was cleared at 7:10.

I’m sitting at gate now - 7:48 for my 9:25 flight.

Mobile passport helped but it was a breeze either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter