Fort Wilderness campground open?

tonyat18

Earning My Ears
Will the campground be open April 4 - 11? I have 2 campsites reserved but have not received anything from Disney other that "all Disney resort owned HOTELS will be closed thru March 31".

Not likely. It seems Orange County is instilling a stay home mandate that appears to be in effect from March 26th through April 9th. Appears this will keep Disney closed through at least that time.

Seeming less and less likely. Universal Orlando announced closing extended to April 19. Hilton Buena Vista Palace in Lake Buena Vista is extending closure to April 30! Stay safe and healthy.

Other campgrounds in the area are still open. From what I have read, other campgrounds have basically shut down all amenities.
I would think the fort campground would be the only option that would even be possible for Disney right now. But, would Disney want to even open it up? Can they, at this point?

....But, would Disney want to even open it up? Can they, at this point?

Think about the manpower (generic term) required just to open up only the campsites. Check-in, front desk, maintenance, and most importantly, security. All of those are an expense with only the nightly fee to cover them. And the liability of one of these cast members (or you) getting sick is probably NOT worth the effort to WDW. Not seeing this open up until after the Orange County restrictions are lifted. Just my opinion.

:offtopic: We had a reservations with a campground in Pigeon Forge TN for March 27th for the week , we naturally had to cancel due to the stay at home order that is in place in our area. We tried to call them for 6 days straight to make a cancellation, no one ever answered the phone, I don't know if they skipped town with my money or just stayed home , haha :hyper:. I eventually had to just depute the charge on my credit card and get my money back that way. Never did they even try to call me and let me know the campground was closed. Odd times .

I think from what I have read Disney will open around June 1. We will see
That's when the free dining option begins for guests who had to cancel. That means Disney feels real good they will be back up in full swing by then. This would mean they likely feel it will be before then that they can start slowly opening back up in phases. I strongly feel Disney is going to be facing crowd limits and restrictions for several months though.

Agreed it will open slow then ramp up I hope by July 4 th when we get there I hope things are back to normal

Agreed it will open slow then ramp up I hope by July 4 th when we get there I hope things are back to normal
I like your optimistic view but I'm afraid it will be on into the fall or end of summer. I'll hold onto your idea as being my preferred.

Back to the original post, we all know that they won't be open by the 4th. So my question would be, why would you want to go to Fort Wilderness and camp when there's nothing else open. Restaurants and shopping will be closed. There is a possibility that the campground would be permitted to open since there is talk that campgrounds could be labeled as essential. Closing campgrounds has put many people and families out of a place to live so they want them opened to keep people from becoming homeless. That being said, why would someone want to pay over $100 a night to stay at Disney opposed to $30 for another campground? I'm thinking the end of summer and that depends on how far we have come putting the virus in it's place.

Most campgrounda are closed now. Especially up north. While i might see them as essential, the government doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter