Fort Wilderness campground open?

Most campgrounda are closed now. Especially up north. While i might see them as essential, the government doesn't.
I'm in Florida. There's a lot of full timers down south. Not just snowbirds but families living in campgrounds with no place else to go. There is a big push down here to keep campgrounds open/essential so those people have someplace to live.

I will not hold out hope for my may 1st reservation at
Schodack Island State Park, ny

Or my fathers day annual trip to PROMISED LAND STATE PARK, pa

Not looking to be a good camping year.......

Well, Promised Land is a huge campground, so even if they used every other site, they would still have nearly 300 campsites in all the areas. One never knows. I have an affinity for that campground since I used to work there.

Just were talking about Promised Land State Park, love walking the trails, looking forward ourselves to booking down the line.

I know still off topic, but NY closed state campgrounds today untill may 15th. ( maybe all campgeounds) i looked for the koa in lake george, and it says closed for the year, come back in 2021.

Virginia has open campgrounds, but all the bathrooms and such are closed. I believe PA is the same way. You can camp, but it's just a place to park your camper to live, no playgrounds are open and the camp store are "curbside" or window pick up

Virginia has open campgrounds, but all the bathrooms and such are closed. I believe PA is the same way. You can camp, but it's just a place to park your camper to live, no playgrounds are open and the camp store are "curbside" or window pick up

FWIW, I called my Alabama state park I have a reservation for this month, Gulf State Park, and talked to someone in the camper check-in building. Our comfort stations are OPEN (I have a pop-up).

It will vary state-to-state but Alabama hopefully will be opening soon in May rather than later.

Bama Ed

I know still off topic, but NY closed state campgrounds today untill may 15th. ( maybe all campgeounds) i looked for the koa in lake george, and it says closed for the year, come back in 2021.

Maybe the owner's decision? The Lake Placid KOA, not too far away from Lake George, is still expecting to open mid-May or as soon as the state says it's OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts