FOTL pass is awesome

dpappas

Earning My Ears
Just got back last night - only got to spend one day Sunday 7/29 at IOA / Universal. Stayed at HRH to get the advantage of the FOTL pass and it was so fantastic just flashing your keys and going to the front of the line. I know they may change the rules on how and when you can use your hotel key but... until they do there is nothing better. With the Entertainment rate of $117 a night it was really special.

I so need to stay there just for that! If you think about it it is cheeper than buying a vip tour for 2 days!

Not really-if you are one person, the tour is 127.20 for a five hour tour, and you don't even see the line. With FOTL, you're still in the express line.

Guess it depends on how many times you want to ride a give ride - we were there from 8:00 am (early entry at Universal) until 10:00 at night. We rode everyone's favorites at least 3 times which I doubt would have been possible with a VIP tour.

He said it was cheaper than buying a VIP tour for 2 days so no matter which way you look at it HRH/PBH is the way to go. Even at 1 day though, it's still cheaper to stay at the hotel ($127.20 vs. $117.50). For a family of four staying one night with the entertainment rate, Express access works out to about $14.69 per day per person...with the added perk of a nice room to stay in and a great pool! :)

I'm considering going to Universal my next trip. We have annual passes for WDW and it's difficult to walk away from that to pay somewhere else :). But ... my husband just found out that he's going to Orlando for business, so we have an extra trip in November squeezed between our July trip (just taken) and our NYE trip.

I'm considering staying at the HRH if I can get the Entertainment rate (or something else cheap). Does anyone know if the FOTL access is good for both the day you check in and the day you check out? We'd buy a 2 day pass of some flavor to see both parks and I'm trying to only spend one day at the HRH.

Thanks!

Your hotel key is your pass and I believe it is dated from the day you check in to the day you check out and should work both days.

Sorry, but your hotel key is not your pass. You need to buy a park pass. The hotel key is your ticket to paradise. It gets you express access on the rides with just a flash. Yes, the room key will work both the day you check in and the day you check out.

You are right - I did not mean her hotel key was her ticket into the park just that it was her "ticket" to the front of the line. I was trying to say that if she had a 2 day ticket but only one night in the hotel she should be able to go to the front of the line both days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter