Found an RV park thats more than FW for a basic hookup site.

Wow! Literally a parking lot that they put electricity and water connects on. Oh, and a picnic table.
liberty.JPG

nyc-006.jpg

here's the tent sites...

4_b.jpg

All 12 of them!

I can see @bama_ed there now
view-of-s-jersey-city.jpg

Last edited:
I would be willing to stay there.

It's like the old KOA campground that was in the parking lot of Circus Circus in Las Vegas before it disappeared. Just a paved small space.

I've been to NYC before (ok it was only 3 nights in 1983 with my college buddies) but it's time to go again.

This year is pretty booked up but who knows for 2019. It's sorta like Key West in that it's small, tight, and expensive. And it's sorta NOT like Key West in so many OTHER ways. :rotfl2:

At least it's nice to know there is an option though. Thanks for the post, tiggerdad.

Bama ED

It's like the old KOA campground that was in the parking lot of Circus Circus in Las Vegas before it disappeared. Just a paved small space.

Or the campground at South of the Border that I remember in the 70s!

I've been to NYC before (ok it was only 3 nights in 1983 with my college buddies) but it's time to go again.

My son now lives near Albany and we have visited twice, once when my sons went to a League of Legends tournament at Madison Square Garden and once when we saw the Pinstripe bowl in Yankee Stadium.

We just bought a new small TT and my wife said something like maybe we can camp and visit the city*. I was looking and figured they would all be on Long Island pretty far away and then found that site.

* we are visiting him this weekend and was going to maybe stay in NJ near a train station because he wanted to visit Manhattan again to get some good pizza but see above. WE JUST BOUGHT A NEW TT! :faint:

Chartle be advised that Albany is a good 3.5 hours from NYC by car. The PATH trains are a good way into lower Manhattan and for Pizza go at least as far north as the 20's unless he has a place he likes in Little Italy

1. Chartle be advised that Albany is a good 3.5 hours from NYC by car.

2. The PATH trains are a good way into lower Manhattan

3. and for Pizza go at least as far north as the 20's unless he has a place he likes in Little Italy

1. Yes if we were going into the city this trip we were going to drive from Pittsburgh to New Jersey and him down from actually Schenectady. But we can't now because WE JUST BOUGHT A NEW TT!!!! :eek: :). For our one trip we drove up Friday and then the next morning drove into the city and pain $50 to park for the day and left after midnight.

2. Yes one option was to stay at a place just on the other side of the Holland Tunnel with a station nearby.

3. Ok good, the Pizza Hut we like is above 31st so we are good right. ;)
Actually for our day in mid town we had lunch and dinner in local places. For lunch my son had in an earlier trip found Little Italy Pizza on west 45th and for dinner we ate around Madison Square Garden because that's where their thing was. So I found NY Pizza Suprema. I took pics of my slice at Suprema and posted it to Google places and its been seen over 100,000 times.

But again we are not staying or going into the city because you know see above. :)

Though, and now don't yell at me, in Schenectady we may eat at CiCi's pizza. Its sort of a nostalgia thing since we ate there a lot when my sons were young and they all closed up in Pittsburgh about 7 years ago. We do the same when in Orlando. Its just around the block from the off site hotel where we usually stay.

Though, and now don't yell at me, in Schenectady we may eat at CiCi's pizza.

Dude. No. :sad2:

Not is Schenectady.

Not in Albuquerque.

Not in Honolulu.

Not nowhere. Never.

I'd rather hear about a smoky, dark, under-the-street-level hole in the wall pizza place.

Thanks for the links though. <jk>

Ed

PS - now when I come to western PA next summer I don't know if I can trust you for food rec's. Seriously. When I'm in Pittsburgh I'll just have to wing it.

PPS - I hope that wasn't "yelling"

Last edited:

Not is Schenectady.

Not in Albuquerque.

Not in Honolulu.

Not nowhere. Never.

I'd rather hear about a smoky, dark, under-the-street-level hole in the wall pizza place.

Ed

PS - now when I come to western PA next summer I don't know if I can trust you for food rec's. Seriously. When I'm in Pittsburgh I'll just have to wing it.

No THIS IS YELLING!!!!

But you certainly can't eat at CiCi's because they all closed. :( But I suggest Buratory. You can build your own burger but I figure they paid some trained chef type person to makeup perfect burger creations so I differ to them. I like the

PIGGY BUTTER & JELLY.

Cajun Dusted Ground Beef & Ground Bacon Burger with White American Cheese, Candied Bacon, Bread & Butter Pickles, Peanut Butter & Habanero Jelly.

Yes Peanut butter.

Wash it down with a

GRAND-DAD'S SECRET Shake
Old Grand-Dad Bourbon with just enough caramel for a nice smooth finish. If you love bourbon, this is your shake.

Last edited:
Sorry chartle. I was trying my Dr. Seuss approach.

"Not in..."

"Not in..."

and so on. Congrats on your new TT though. Ya gotta hit the road with it and come back with some stories of your road trips.

And when I come up next summer I'm still gonna hit you up for some restaurant rec's in the Pittsburgh area (and south of there) if you have any favorites.

ED

Sorry chartle. I was trying my Dr. Seuss approach.

"Not in..."

"Not in..."

and so on. Congrats on your new TT though. Ya gotta hit the road with it and come back with some stories of your road trips.

And when I come up next summer I'm still gonna hit you up for some restaurant rec's in the Pittsburgh area (and south of there) if you have any favorites.

ED

We are not very "adventurous" in our food. Even when on the road we stick with with normal places. My one son eats very few foods and my wife has a "delicate" constitution.

Now I can recommend BBQ in Birmingham. We liked Jim and Nicks in Birmingham. We were there 3 years in a row for the bowl game.

Oh and Buratory has about 7 locations around the area. Most South is in Robinson Twp.

Last edited:

Not is Schenectady.

Not in Albuquerque.

Not in Honolulu.

Not nowhere. Never.

Ed

Horrible news CiCis out side Albany closed. :(

What I'm going to do now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!