found really old Magic Kingdom tickets in my grandpa's house, r they worth anything?

I have the same ticket book!! I found it at my parents right after we returned from our last trip. I remeber the trip too. We went in 1975 and the Bicentenial was big. I have a bunch of pictures from the parade. All themed for the Bicentenial. The trees are so small. Its funny to think that when I went to Walt Disney World at 11, Magic Kingdom WAS WDW. Its amazing to think what it has turned into. Wow!

Thanks to the OP for bringing back some memories of the Magic. I remember that we were only in the World one day. We had went with extended family and had such a great time that day. Although I remember it in glimpses, some of them are as clear as my memory of my last trip in June. I remeber how magical it was to arive in the park via Monorail. That in its self set it apart from any other amusment park of its time. Then I can remember the Castle and Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I cant remember everything, but Space Mountain I can stilll visualize my ride. My best memory was that late that night when we(aunts, uncles, and cusins) were trying to get into a show, we were absulutely exhausted, a couple Cast members told us we couldnt get into the show( I think it was presidents hall), until we could name all 7 dwarfs. I think we got to 6 and were guessing ... they kept us struggling for a while then let us in. I have always remebered that and smiled. What an impact those CMs had had on me way back then. Such a little gesture with such a big impact!

Remember the booklets from when I was very small. . . I have a few of them in my scrapbook. My parent's kept a log book when we went on vacation. They documented everything----cost of gas, lodging, a meal, a soda, a Mickey t-shirt etc. Anyow. . .the book still exists. . .and it is amazing to read. . . but. . .what I wanted to say, was that I have some of the parking tickets from my first visit. 50 Cents!?

We have two used books from August 1973. I'd have to look to see what tickets are still there but we did use the tickets while we were there on our honeymoon.

Very cool! If you decide to keep the tickets, maybe you can also find a few photos of your gramps (? and grams) at Disney, and you can make a matted collage- how cool would that be?

Very cool! If you decide to keep the tickets, maybe you can also find a few photos of your gramps (? and grams) at Disney, and you can make a matted collage- how cool would that be?

The funny thing is, when my mom found these tickets, she never knew that her parents went to WDW. Atleast they never took her there! :rotfl: So I'd have to believe that they got these from someone else for some reason.

Our family was just talking about ticket books the other day. We could spend the whole day there with an 8 ticket book because we would sit down in the shade for about a half an hour deciding which ticket to use next. They used to have booths in the park where you could buy individual tickets if you ran out - a great way to supplement those D and E tickets! I still have a couple books somewhere with at least one of each kind of ticket in them.

Last time I was in MK, one of the old ticket booths was still there. It's right next to the Pooh Fastpass kiosks and looked like it sold camera stuff or something like that.

I didn’t know that you could buy supplemental tickets. I remember going in 1978 and wanting to go on a particular ride and my mom telling me we were out of the type of ticket needed for that attraction and they didn’t want to spend money to buy a whole book of tickets just to get tickets for just one ride. It could be they just didn't want to go on whatever ride it was and found a convenient excuse to get me to drop it.

I also remember a funny SNL skit in which a group of people got stuck on Small World for hours when the ride broke down. One of the characters in the skit started complaining that he couldn’t believe they wasted an E-ticket on this ride.

Boy those pics of the old tix really takes me back. I came across a partial book stashed away in my dad's papers after he passed about 10 yrs ago. I think my brother still has it. I'll have to ask . It reminds me of a simpler time@ WDW....as it always does. How many of us have so many memories tied to that reclaimed swampland/orange grove in central Florida????

I just looked at the one ticket I had saved from the 70s. I think it is from 73 or 74 during spring break. It was $7.50 for 12 adventures. E tickets were used for Small world, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea, Country Bear, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Hall of Presidents, and the Haunted mansion. D tickets were for the train, skyway to Fantasyland, grand prix raceway, skyway to tomorrowland, Mickey Mouse review,Tom Sawyers Island,Tiki birds, and the riverboats. C tickets we didn't have any left so not sure what they were but I had checked off that we went on flight to the Moon, Peter Pan's flight, and the tree house so they must have been c's. B tickets were for main street cinema, Dumbo, tea party ride, shootin' gallery, and the Mike Fink Keel boats. A tickets were for the Omnibu, horse cars, and main street vehicles.
You didn't need a ticket for The Walt disney Story, Circle vision, and If you had Wings.

Amazingly, there are still 2 E tickets left in it. The tickets are pre- space mountain so definitley before my 1975 trip when we had the greatest time ever in the Magic Kingdom during the Bi-Centinnial. That and seeing the space shuttle launch were the things that lured me to Florida in 1976. LOL thinking back it might have been a litttle of the "Runaway Bride "Syndrome, though. LOL I called off my wedding a week before it was to happen. <VBG>

You also didn't need a ticket for the Carousel of Progress, though I don't know when it was introduced...but my mother and I always crack up because she told me how it was (and still is) one of her favorite rides because of it.

I'm going to move this over to our collector's board. You might get some great info over there.

Are they complete booklets? If so, I would be VERY interested in those tickets. You can PM me if you would like. Even a partial book might interest me.

SkierPete

Hi,

It's been a while since this post, but I have 2 complete ticket booklets with 2 day admissions, in addition to 3 incomplete books. I know that I can still use the complete ones for park tickets, but I'd rather they go to a collector. If you are interested, please let me know. This is my first post on Dis Boards, so I can't PM.

Thanks,
Kristen

Thanks for the link!!!! Based on that information and looking at my tickets I think these were from 1975. They are two partial booklets of Adult 8 Adventure Magic Key ticket book (available to Magic Kingdom Club members only) any 8 attractions in the park.

Disneyoldmagickingdomtickets-2.jpg
These are amazing.... wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!