Fourth of July at Polynesian

pickypiratepete

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
We are checking in on 7/4 to the Polynesian. Can anyone let me know what the fireworks viewing situation is for guests(non club level). I really want to know how early we have to try to get a spot for viewing so I can plan the day. Thanks so much.

Hi All!
We are checking in on 7/4 to the Polynesian. Can anyone let me know what the fireworks viewing situation is for guests(non club level). I really want to know how early we have to try to get a spot for viewing so I can plan the day. Thanks so much.

We did 7/4 in 2017 and 2018 and 12/31 in 2017 (7/4 and 12/31 have similar setups around the resort). I will caveat this by saying exact setups and crowd behavior aren’t always consistent on major nights like this, so keep a YMMV approach to it and best to keep an eye on conditions at the time.

But for this year, they had the main beach area (the space with the best view) reserved for resort and ADR guests with strict enforcement. There is a separate area within this reserved area for CL guests, but the larger reserved area is for all resort and ADR guests.

They had a DJ on the beach playing music and characters made appearances on/off during the night. It is a lot of fun.

In my opinion, the reserved area never really got crazy crowded to the point you’d need to be stressing for a spot. By 8pm some folks were staking out spots in the sand closest to the side that gives you a direct line of sight to the castle, but you didn’t really need to that early unless you just want to. Places outside of the reserved area will be more crowded than the reserved area itself. Keep in mind the fireworks on 7/4 are also shot from the middle island in the lagoon right in front of Poly - so there’s really not a bad view from anywhere (just subtle differences).

I will say, a BAD storm rolled in this year around 30ish minutes before showtime which sent people running for cover and delayed the show, so I didn’t get to see the full load of folks who would have otherwise come to the reserved area.

FWIW, the resort activities info from this year:

Poly July 4 2018 Front.jpg

Poly July 4 2018 Back.jpg

Hope that helps!

We did 7/4 in 2017 and 2018 and 12/31 in 2017 (7/4 and 12/31 have similar setups around the resort). I will caveat this by saying exact setups and crowd behavior aren’t always consistent on major nights like this, so keep a YMMV approach to it and best to keep an eye on conditions at the time.

But for this year, they had the main beach area (the space with the best view) reserved for resort and ADR guests with strict enforcement. There is a separate area within this reserved area for CL guests, but the larger reserved area is for all resort and ADR guests.

They had a DJ on the beach playing music and characters made appearances on/off during the night. It is a lot of fun.

In my opinion, the reserved area never really got crazy crowded to the point you’d need to be stressing for a spot. By 8pm some folks were staking out spots in the sand closest to the side that gives you a direct line of sight to the castle, but you didn’t really need to that early unless you just want to. Places outside of the reserved area will be more crowded than the reserved area itself. Keep in mind the fireworks on 7/4 are also shot from the middle island in the lagoon right in front of Poly - so there’s really not a bad view from anywhere (just subtle differences).

I will say, a BAD storm rolled in this year around 30ish minutes before showtime which sent people running for cover and delayed the show, so I didn’t get to see the full load of folks who would have otherwise come to the reserved area.

View attachment 369431

View attachment 369432

Hope that helps!
This is fantastic, thank you so much!

View attachment 369431

View attachment 369432

Hope that helps!
Are you sure about the ADR folks being allowed in? Do they get a wristband? We were considering doing the SOA show on July 4th with the idea of staying for the fireworks, and I was going to ask about this very thing. The brochure says resort guests only.

Are you sure about the ADR folks being allowed in? Do they get a wristband? We were considering doing the SOA show on July 4th with the idea of staying for the fireworks, and I was going to ask about this very thing. The brochure says resort guests only.

You know what, that’s a good question that I can’t answer with 100% certainty now that I’ve gone back to look in my file. This is the sign that was out for the very same reserved area for 12/31:

IMG_2528.jpg

I just went back through all of my pics from 7/4 and unfortunately I don’t have a pic of a similar evidence, although that doesn’t mean it wasn’t up.

My impression from being there and what I’ve read on the DIS is that 7/4 reserved areas also include ADR guests, but I’m sorry I can’t verify that with 100% authority. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

Even if you can't get on the Poly beach, there is a great beach area right near the SOA show that would be a good viewing spot. I'm not sure how crowded it gets there on July 4, but in your shoes I wouldn't mind watching the show from there versus the Poly beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!