FP+ and arrival dates

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
I have 3 studios booked for myself and my two sisters (and families). They both arrive Jan 1, but we are not getting in until Jan 2. In order to make FP+ booking easier, I'm wondering if I should add Jan 1 to my reservation and then cancel it after the FP+ are made? Has anyone done this? My plan is to use those extra points in the same use year, and I don't need them to reserve that room until March, so I think it would work out okay? I just need to cancel before 30 days, right? Am I missing anything? We are all staying at SSR ( I would feel guilty about securing a room at a more prime location that time of year, but think it might be less of a deal at SSR). Appreciate any experience anyone has with a similar situation.

I'd let them make their own FP+ reservations for Jan 1, and take care of everything from Jan 2 onward myself.

You could do it your suggested way, but it's a bit of a hassle on member services to add a day to the beginning, and then remove that day after you make the FP+ reservations.

Are you looking trying to make fastpasses in such a way your group does everything at the same time? If so, just add everyone to everyone else's friends and family in MDE, and make the fastpasses together by selecting the friends and family you want included. No need to change reservations, and I think you can book all at 60 days from June 1 arrival, even if you don't check in until the 2nd.

Are you looking trying to make fastpasses in such a way your group does everything at the same time? If so, just add everyone to everyone else's friends and family in MDE, and make the fastpasses together by selecting the friends and family you want included. No need to change reservations, and I think you can book all at 60 days from June 1 arrival, even if you don't check in until the 2nd.

Correct - we are only all in the parks together for 2 1/2 days and I'm starting to think through meals and rides we will want to do together each day. I'm thinking it might be difficult to book all of theirs 60 days prior to Jan 1, and then a day later hope I can get my family of four on the same rides at the same time - and it not, possibly have to change which parks we are doing each day and re book all their fastpasses. I can link us all in MDE, but I think if our check in date is not until the 2nd, I won't be able to book fastpasses a day earlier for those on my reservation?

I think you can book everyone at the first 60 days, using friends and family, as long as you have park ticket media assigned to everyone. I also think you could book local friends at 60 days, even if they aren't staying onsite.

EDIT:

OK, never mind. I just tried to do a fastpass for a friend of mind as a test. (I'm about 45 days out) It doesn't work.

Most meals should not be a problem waiting one day, at the 180 day mark, unless you plan to do difficult things like character meals. Fastpasses, however, maybe an issue, especially for the Avatar Flight of Passage. I couldn't book it on the day I wanted, even just for me, right at 60 days. Good thing I had a 6 day stay, I was able to get it later during my stay.

Last edited:
When we went with family, I linked them through family and friends in MDE. Had no problems doing FPs for everyone at 60 days. They just had to have an onsite room and tickets.

I think you can book everyone at the first 60 days, using friends and family, as long as you have park ticket media assigned to everyone. I also think you could book local friends at 60 days, even if they aren't staying onsite.

EDIT:

OK, never mind. I just tried to do a fastpass for a friend of mind as a test. (I'm about 45 days out) It doesn't work.

Most meals should not be a problem waiting one day, at the 180 day mark, unless you plan to do difficult things like character meals. Fastpasses, however, maybe an issue, especially for the Avatar Flight of Passage. I couldn't book it on the day I wanted, even just for me, right at 60 days. Good thing I had a 6 day stay, I was able to get it later during my stay.

Thanks for running a test for me. I really appreciate it!

EDIT:

That's a recent change then. It's allowed you to book friends and family along with your FPs at 60 days for awhile. Your friend definitely has valid ticket media and doesn't have other FPs reserved tying it up?

That's a recent change then. It's allowed you to book friends and family along with your FPs at 60 days for awhile. Your friend definitely has valid ticket media and doesn't have other FPs reserved tying it up?
Yes...it could be a glitch.

I heard that the recent MDE update (a week or two ago?) did another thing to FP's in that the apps no longer allow you to change party on the FP. You still can on your PC though. So maybe they took away the booking of friends at 60 days. Or who knows - they broke it while doing other things. And there's also the reports of quite a few people starting to have issues with MDE. I for one had all Magic Bands disappear and couldn't order for our upcoming stay. Others can't book dining or can't modify.

Thanks for running a test for me. I really appreciate it!

I was curious about this so also did a test just now and it allowed me to make FP for a reservation that is 55 days out and to include a friend with no onsite reservation. So OP should be ok with their friends booking their FP's. Or at least the FP's for their first day if OP wants to book the other days and as long as they don't have a glitch.

I heard that the recent MDE update (a week or two ago?) did another thing to FP's in that the apps no longer allow you to change party on the FP. You still can on your PC though. So maybe they took away the booking of friends at 60 days. Or who knows - they broke it while doing other things. And there's also the reports of quite a few people starting to have issues with MDE. I for one had all Magic Bands disappear and couldn't order for our upcoming stay. Others can't book dining or can't modify.

For some reason, my MDE doesn't recognize almost anything for me in the app. The site is fine, i can see all the FP and dining and room res, but on the app even my avatar has disappeared. It just says it cant find any plans. frustrating.

For some reason, my MDE doesn't recognize almost anything for me in the app. The site is fine, i can see all the FP and dining and room res, but on the app even my avatar has disappeared. It just says it cant find any plans. frustrating.

My ipad app is the location I can see my Magic bands still. Not on my android app and not on my PC. And others had varying issues. Just no real rhyme or reason to it and I agree that it's frustrating. Periodically it tells me it can't load anything at all for me to see. Then reservations come back.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I still have plenty of time before trying to make FP+, so hopefully these latest glitches will be worked out by then - and no new ones appear :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter