FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hiroMYhero OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POINTING ME HERE. (Seriously, I was at my wits end. It's entirely possible I threw all my planning papers on the ground this morning as I tried to snag the "right" FPs... Thankfully, it was 4am and the rest of my fam was sound asleep so no one to witness that embarrassing moment!) So you can book 3 FPs, missing any are ok, book the 4th as soon as you check into #3 or book 2 FPs and leave the 3rd as a wild card to be booked as soon as you check into your 1st ride! I FINALLY GET IT!!!!

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).
Wow...okay definitely some very useful things to know...I'm keeping this thread for reference. Thank you.

This info definitely changes my strategy for next February. I did use the app to book fourth FP's but the tips in here will allow me to book another tier one at a different park, which will be so useful. Can't wait to figure out a plan with these new ideas for our trip in February. Thank you for your diligence in taking care of us Disney Lovers!:love1:

Going forward, the updated Disney Terms of Service needs to be followed when pre-booking FPs in MDE:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/
  • The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
This does mean that discussion of booking or using FPs using ticket media that will not be used for admission into the parks (extra tickets, APs belonging to others, FPs for family members who decide not to enter a park, etc.) will not be allowed as that would be circumventing Disney TOS.

Should have read this first before posting the other questions, thanks!

PARK HOPPING

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

Okay, I have read the whole thread so I hope I'm not repeating something that has been said already. Your example of two Tier 1's here is making me wonder if that was a purposeful decision to list it that way, or just an example.

I currently have a Tier 2 booked (Tower of Terror) and a Tier 1 booked (Toy Story Mania) for DHS. I did not book a third hoping that once I did my first scan I could try to book a Tier 1 in Epcot. Would I be able to do this as soon as a tag for my first selection, the Tier 2? Or does it specifically have to be the Tier 1 before I can book another Tier 1? In other words, would I be able under this scenario to hold two Tier 1's at different parks? I understand that any booking at another park can only been made day of, but I was thinking the first tag was what was important to be able to book the third at another park, and not whether I had just tagged a Tier 1 or a Tier 2.

If I booked 3 Fastpasses before reading this thread, can I go back and cancel some to be able to do the Day Of Fastpass Park Hopping thing? I.e. « When 2 or less FP are booked for Park #1 »...

If I booked 3 Fastpasses before reading this thread, can I go back and cancel some to be able to do the Day Of Fastpass Park Hopping thing? I.e. « When 2 or less FP are booked for Park #1 »...

Yes.

Okay, I have read the whole thread so I hope I'm not repeating something that has been said already. Your example of two Tier 1's here is making me wonder if that was a purposeful decision to list it that way, or just an example.

I currently have a Tier 2 booked (Tower of Terror) and a Tier 1 booked (Toy Story Mania) for DHS. I did not book a third hoping that once I did my first scan I could try to book a Tier 1 in Epcot. Would I be able to do this as soon as a tag for my first selection, the Tier 2? Or does it specifically have to be the Tier 1 before I can book another Tier 1? In other words, would I be able under this scenario to hold two Tier 1's at different parks? I understand that any booking at another park can only been made day of, but I was thinking the first tag was what was important to be able to book the third at another park, and not whether I had just tagged a Tier 1 or a Tier 2.
Yes, it's possible to hold 2 tier 1s at 2 different parks. Did it last month. And this was after having FOP as my initial selection.
IMG_7014.PNG

Yes, it's possible to hold 2 tier 1s at 2 different parks. Did it last month. And this was after having FOP as my initial selection.
View attachment 272408

Thanks very much. I was hoping so, and hoping I didn't make a mistake by scheduling the Tier 2 ride before the Tier 1 ride.

I know the chances of getting Frozen, Test Track or Soarin' on the day of the visit are slim, but maybe something will work out. I get to try at 9:50a when I scan for ToT. Otherwise I would be booking another FP+ for DHS that I really don't need.

There is a lot of good information here. I have read it, copied and pasted it for further reading, and read it again. But everytime I look at my spreadsheet with fastpasses, I get confused!

I booked mine at 60 days out. We park hop every day. Some days my FP are in the second park of the day, and sometimes they are in the first park.

Here is what confuses me:
The thought of booking three FP-and either tapping the Mickey Head or just letting the first two expire - in order to book a 4+.
Versus
The thought that you don't have to book all three - you can only book one if that is all you want - and then once you scan in for that FP you can immediately book another IN ANY PARK.

I've read different scenarios through out this thread and the "main FP FAQ" thread" so I don't know if some information is more current.

There is a lot of good information here. I have read it, copied and pasted it for further reading, and read it again. But everytime I look at my spreadsheet with fastpasses, I get confused!

I booked mine at 60 days out. We park hop every day. Some days my FP are in the second park of the day, and sometimes they are in the first park.

Here is what confuses me:
The thought of booking three FP-and either tapping the Mickey Head or just letting the first two expire - in order to book a 4+.
Versus
The thought that you don't have to book all three - you can only book one if that is all you want - and then once you scan in for that FP you can immediately book another IN ANY PARK.

I've read different scenarios through out this thread and the "main FP FAQ" thread" so I don't know if some information is more current.
The different explanations are correct.

Tapping out/letting FPs expire is the way in which to book a 2nd Tier 1 in a faster manner in the same park - it's not for park hopping.

The ANY PARK directions are specifically for park hopping.

Thanks.
Even though I considered our day "park hopping", our fast passes are all at the second park of the day.
Since we won't be going to a 3rd park that day, will I need to use the "book three passes, let the first two expire" option if I want to book a second Tier 1 in this same park?

If so, can I have the first two FP (in the second park) for times that coincide while we are still in the first park? (No fast passes booked or being used in the first park)

(Problem with the quote feature - sorry)

Last edited:
Thanks.
Even though I considered our day "park hopping", our fast passes are all at the second park of the day.
Since we won't be going to a 3rd park that day, will I need to use the "book three passes, let the first two expire" option if I want to book a second Tier 1 in this same park?

If so, can I have the first two FP (in the second park) for times that coincide while we are still in the first park? (No fast passes booked or being used in the first park)

(Problem with the quote feature - sorry)
If you really don't need all 3 for Park #2, then you can allow them to expire early in the day so that you have a chance for another Tier 1. But, late in the day and depending on the park, it may be difficult to find a 2nd Tier 1.

If you really don't need all 3 for Park #2, then you can allow them to expire early in the day so that you have a chance for another Tier 1. But, late in the day and depending on the park, it may be difficult to find a 2nd Tier 1.

Can you book just one FP in Park #1 for early morning, tap into it at RD, then make two Tier 1 FPs in Park 2 for later in the day?

Can you book just one FP in Park #1 for early morning, tap into it at RD, then make two Tier 1 FPs in Park 2 for later in the day?
You can book 1 Tier 1 for Park#2.

You could also book 1 Tier 1 for Park#2 and 1 Tier 1 for Park#3.

The FP system limits you to 1 Tier 1 in any park - the park hopping booking allows for 1 Tier 1 in more than 1 park.

I know the chances of getting Frozen, Test Track or Soarin' on the day of the visit are slim, but maybe something will work out.

I've been using Touring Plans to check availability of FPs around 1 pm every day since 06/09 (I know, I'm insane :crazy:), and I can tell you that same-day Soaring FPs are available on more than 50% of the days. Test Track, a bit less, and Frozen, never.
Hope this helps...

I've been using Touring Plans to check availability of FPs around 1 pm every day since 06/09 (I know, I'm insane :crazy:), and I can tell you that same-day Soaring FPs are available on more than 50% of the days. Test Track, a bit less, and Frozen, never.
Hope this helps...
This is very helpful! Have you checked TSMM and RNR, too? Which is the easier to find the day of? Also, I noticed tonight that BTMRR is gone for tomorrow already. Is this pretty common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts