Frameless clear shower doors

mickeysgal

<font color=blue>Orange you glad I like Knock Knoc
For those of you who have this, is it a horrible hassle to keep up with it? Is it always streaked or are you constantly working to keep the soap scum off of it? We currently have a separate standing shower...gold framed, opaque glass and want to upgrade. I want a frameless clear shower enclosure. DH is not sold on it due to his fear that it will always look spotted and will be very hard to keep clean.

Ours is not frameless (that was a lot more expensive) but we do have a clear door and a clear wall. They do get spotted. We use a squeegee after every shower to wipe down and it looks pretty good, just not perfect.

For those of you who have this, is it a horrible hassle to keep up with it? Is it always streaked or are you constantly working to keep the soap scum off of it? We currently have a separate standing shower...gold framed, opaque glass and want to upgrade. I want a frameless clear shower enclosure. DH is not sold on it due to his fear that it will always look spotted and will be very hard to keep clean.

I have framless shower doors. They have been in place for one year and here is what I do. Mine are not streaky are are clear.

They are scrubbed every other week by the housecleaner.
I squeege after I use the shower (my husband does not use it)
the service I use to clean applies Rain-X (for the car windshield) after every cleaning - that helps the water/soap residue to bead off.

I am really happy we chose these instead of the cheaper model.

We have one and haven't had any problems. We keep a squeegee in the shower so we can clean off the glass after each use (I got a clear one with a suction cup at Bed, Bath & Beyond). I also use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser about once a week to get rid of the soap scum.

I put a frameless glass door in our new master bath last year. I love it. I don’t find it hard to clean. About every two weeks I squirt it down with Windex and scrub away. I don’t notice too many streaks or spots. I love not having a frame to scrub. I think the maintenance/cleaning is much easier than a framed door.

frameless glass doors are so pretty!! I don't have them, I have the fiberglass doors on my shower. But am actually thinking of taking them off and putting a shower curtain up. I just hate the work of keeping doors clean!

I have 2 showers with frameless clear glass - one was custom made and the other is a Kohler. I can't stress enough to NOT use bar soap in your shower or tub enclosure. The soap scum is caused by the hardening agents in the bar soap. It was strongly recommended to me to use liquid soap and a squeegee after every shower. It was also recommended to use Blue Diamond Seal glass cleaner. It is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and absolutely NO streaks and the glass feels silky after I've cleaned it.

we're redoing our shower as a walking, tiled all round with no doors. I hate keeping glass clean. Partial wall, clear curtain, glass mosaic mural on the far wall of mermaid and merman. Beachy and easy to clean with the spray stuff.

I have clear glass shower doors but they have a frame.

Admittedly, I'm a slop. And I use bar soap. I don't do the squeegee thing and I clean my shower once a week. The glass looks like crap.

I have 2 showers with frameless clear glass - one was custom made and the other is a Kohler. I can't stress enough to NOT use bar soap in your shower or tub enclosure. The soap scum is caused by the hardening agents in the bar soap. It was strongly recommended to me to use liquid soap and a squeegee after every shower. It was also recommended to use Blue Diamond Seal glass cleaner. It is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and absolutely NO streaks and the glass feels silky after I've cleaned it.

I don't use bar soap but DH loves his bar of Dial. That one may be a hard habit to break.

I've been looking into showerguard glass doors. I would imagine they are pricey but it looks like this product is resistant to soap scum and etching.

I have the frameless doors and DH uses bar soap. Can't get him to change. I keep a bottle of soft scrub gel in the shower. Each time I take a shower I squirt it on the door wipe with a sponge then spray off. It only takes maybe 10 seconds. It would be great if DH did it since he's the one using the bar soap but not gonna happen. The doors always look good.

I have clear glass shower doors but they have a frame.

Admittedly, I'm a slop. And I use bar soap. I don't do the squeegee thing and I clean my shower once a week. The glass looks like crap.

The only thing that I have found that does a decent job on our doors is CLR.

I was so happy when we got rid of our clear glass shower doors! It's a major pain in the rear to have to clean the shower door every morning (what is it about men and their Dial soap?) and it slows me down getting ready for work. Also, I discovered I don't like the "totally exposed" feeling I have when showering behind clear glass doors. No privacy! I am very happy with our new, frosted doors; even though we still squeegee every morning, at least I am not cleaning them with chemicals daily to keep the glass clear.

Squeegee after every shower???? :rotfl2:
Spray with a cleaner and wipe down??? :lmao:

Yeah, right, a man is going to do that.

Old bathroom had frosted glass doors with metal frame. When we remodeled we hung a shower curtain. Neither DW nor I had any intention of spending even 30 seconds cleaning clear glass after every shower. Why make extra work for yourself? The shower curtain looks nicer anyway.

Jim

P.S. I used to use Dial soap, but DW got me to switch to body wash years ago.

We've had them about a month and I think they are so easy to keep clean. We use bar soap and I don't squeegee. I do rinse down the glass after every shower but that takes about 10 seconds, tops. I have yet to clean them and they look fine although they could probably use a cleaning as there is a bit of cloudiness/scum near the bottom that I just noticed so I'll probably take care of that this weekend. We did have them put some sort of coating on it, though, so that probably makes a big difference.

We have a frameless glass shower door and it is easy to maintain and looks great. We squeegee the glass after each shower and, every two weeks, clean the door with a cleanser that removes soap scum.

We have a frameless glass shower door and it is easy to maintain and looks great. We squeegee the glass after each shower and, every two weeks, clean the door with a cleanser that removes soap scum.

We just had frameless shower doors installed. Instructions stay to put RainX on them once a month and squeegee them. Had them 4 months now,works great.

Timely thread for me!!

We are doing a total remodel of our upstairs bathroom. We are installing the frameless clear glass. I already planned on buying a squeegee, but will remember to use Rain-X!!

We use bar soap (I am as bad as DH about that, lol) and use a squeegee after each shower.
It is not too bad to keep clean but we are embarking on a remodel of another house and I am thinking a walk in shower with no glass or curtain would be super.

I read (on here!) to use Easy Off Oven clean in the blue can and I do this about 2x a year. It works well.

we're redoing our shower as a walking, tiled all round with no doors. I hate keeping glass clean. Partial wall, clear curtain, glass mosaic mural on the far wall of mermaid and merman. Beachy and easy to clean with the spray stuff.

Shortbun, I would LOVE to see a photo of this! It sounds beautiful (as I am a mermaid fan.) Would you post or PM a photo of it sometime? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts