Free Day in Disney

We spent part of a day "resort hopping" and had the best time. We've been to Disney 5 times but never visited any of the monorail resorts or Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was so neat to see all the themeing and layout of the resorts. Lots of picture opportunities and totally free! We enjoyed going in each shop as each had different merchandise related to theme of the resort. AKL was fun to watch animals on the safari outside the main lodges (we went in the morning).

Disney Springs is all fun to walk around, take pictures and browse in shops to get that Disney-esque feel.

Try googling "free things to do at Disney" and I bet you'll find some ideas.

Here is a list of suggestions that are completely free.
  • Walk around Disney Springs.
  • Ride the monorail to resort hop and enjoy the scenery.
  • Free culinary tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge, as well as admire the animals there (see the full rage of animals, go to both sides of the resort).
  • Ride any of the boats, especially if you want to take a boat perhaps to Fort Wilderness to enjoy the scenery, as well as take a boat to look at the Fort Wilderness Lodge as well.
  • Watch the fireworks at a resort, or take Disney transportation to MK and watch from the gate.
In order to do some of these you'll either have to park at Disney Springs and travel to wherever you may choose from there, or if parking at a resort, it needs to be a resort that isn't insanely popular with non-hotel guests parking there (you should be able to park at AKL no problem).

For example, Fort Wilderness, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian depending on the season and time will not allow guests to park without at least a dining reservation (Fort Wildneress through the gate does not allow anyone entry unless they're a guest period).

If you want something that is near the MK / Lake / Monorail / Fireworks, I suggest parking at Fort Wilderness Lodge, as anytime I let them know I'm going inside in order to dine (I suggest name a place specifically, even if you do not plan to really dine, as they usually do not ask (but if they do, you be honest and state no), nor have they told me I need a reservation to dine there), or you can say you're checking out the resort due to potentially staying there in the future.

From there, if you need to travel somewhere else, you can take a boat to Fort Wilderness (if you want to visit), or MK (which Fort Wilderness has one for MK, as well as Contemporary). Once you're at MK, you can access anywhere via bus.

I would make a dining reservation for my favorite restaurant at any resort. Preferably one with characters.
I would go to Disney Springs
I would go to Animal Kingdom Lodge and take the culinary tour
I would go to Art of Animation and take a sketch class
I would go to the the Poly and get a Dole Whip or Trader Sams for a Spikey Pineapple
I would go to the Contemporary and watch the movie under the stars (when we stayed there, they gave us free popcorn and inflatable toys while we watched)
I would ride the Epcot monorail to feel like I was in the park and see it
I would take a boat to the Boardwalk and check out the performers
I would watch the fireworks and Electric Boat Parade at night from the Poly beach

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter