Free Dining??

we honeymooned at disney in 2008. our first time to disney in years and didnt do a lot of research.

we didnt really know they did discounts, so we did a rack room rate for a week at POFQ. an entire week with food for the two of us, with park hoppers for 7 days, i believe it was a little over $2500.

miss those days.

Those were the good ole days!

In 2008, our family of four stayed in the newly opened Animal Kingdom Kindani Village in a non savanna view studio room for 8 nights with 8 day Parker hopper tickets with the regular dining plan during the week of Thanksgiving for$4,300. I do believe it included a room discount though. But I also remember getting a quote from a TA to stay at the Poly for almost the same amount.

In 2009, I rented points from a DVC owner I found here on the dis boards and stayed at BCV in a studio room with my family for 7 nights. We only paid 1100 dollars for our room. Our total trip cost was around $3,600. We do not fly and have our own car and the rooms were in desperate need of refurbishment at the time.

Our trip in 2015 to BCR was around 7000 dollars and our last trip to BCR we took in 2019 was over 10,000 dollars (Now with young adult kids) Hoping to stay at at Coronado Springs resort in the future but it’s hard to believe that it will cost the same or more for 2 people to stay to stay in a moderate resort now versus then with for four people in a deluxe resort.

We are a family of 5. We used to stay at POR with free dining that included a sit down dinner and pay under $200/night which included all your food. Yes, those were the days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter