Free parking at hotels with Annual Pass?

ear_poppin

<font color=purple>DVC since Jan 2004<br><font col
I am debating whether to get an annual pass or a power pass. ( the blackout dates do not effect me)

I know you get free parking with the annual pass but is that at the car park only or does it include the hotels...as the time we will be going to US/IOA will be when we are on site in any event.

Also I have noticed that the AP rates are better by about $20 per night than the Entertainment rate...so it may work out better if I but one AP and the rest Power Passes...the parking would be the decider.

Thanks

Hotel parking is not included with an AP. It costs $6/night.

But the AP does get you a discount on all food and merchandise in the parks, as well as in citywalk for both food and merchandise.

ear-poppin-
If parking is going to decide whether you go or you go and stay on-site you can ask the attendant if you can overnight park in the park's parking garage. I have heard of a couple of people that said it worked. We stayed at RPR 12/20 and had to use valet because there wasn't a space in self-parking.

Sometimes they charge the parking fee, sometimes they don't.

Ooh No it was not the decider as to whether we stay on site ....I already have my room booked! 2 nights at HRH and 2 nights at RPR.

What it is...... I have ET rates at present and was going to buy a power pass. I have noticed that AP rates are about $20 a night cheaper, which would over 4 nights work out the extra for a "real" annual pass which is about $170??

I suppose I should get the real pass and change my ressies but I couldn't really be bothered.

I'm going in Jan and Oct and its OCT I have four nights booked. But its Jan I would be buying the pass. I thought do I want to buy the dearer pass speculating that the AP rates will be $20 cheaper or should I just stick with what I have. The parking would have been the decider!

Actually typing it out and reading it back...I look tight! What the heck I'll live dangerously and by the real AP.

FYI.....If you are an AAA member, you can get an AP for $119.00 at any AAA office. This is only for a limited time but since you are going in January you can take advantage of this offer. And as SpideyHulk said, many times they don't even charge you for parking.

Wow! $119 for an annual pass using AAA membership? I'll go buy mine today!! How many of done this? :D :D

Another question about ap pass. If I buy it today, my trip is not until August. When does the pass officially become activated? The day I buy it or the first time I use it at a park?

Here us the info from the AAA site:

2 Park Annual Pass Special Promotion

11/1/2003 - 2/28/2004 To receive a full year, the passes must be redeemed and photo ID processed on the first visit to the park and no later than April 30, 2004. Members can redeem after that date, but they will not receive a full year, as the clock starts ticking on April 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter