Free quick service question

I will also chime in that I got the same book from Disney. It is a "personalized" book with my trip itinerary for this summer with the QS meal promo. The brochure clearly states, as the picture shows, that Quickservice meal as part of this plan includes: entree, dessert, beverage. I realize the original offer said entree and beverage and I am sure this is a throwback to last year's version of this. It is curious though as much of the material in the brochure is customized to my vacation plans so these aren't necessarily "stock" material. Not sure if we will get a dessert included with meals or not when we arrive. But curious if others have gotten the same material.

I would hate to be the cast members who have to manage this. I would want what I was sold, and what was on my brouchure, and not have to settle for what Disney may have meant to sell.

I have personally received an incorrectly customized booklet and seen others who have wrong dates for check-in on these threads. Last year's booklet also had 7 color options for MagicBands and never reflected purple. This year band color options have been completely omitted, but my booklet now denotes what I am celebrating which it never did. Not sure about the accuracy of these booklets or how binding they are, but maybe the date it was booked and generated may affect what it states? I know that the summer QS promo is ending soon. Was it booked prior to 1/14/17 when QS credits were coded to include the dessert?

As @sharonabe mentioned, I would bring that booklet on my trip! If you do not get dessert included since it is a "QS credit" which based on the 2017 plan verbiage excludes it, I would go to my resort concierge and inquire. Maybe they can help you and make it right.

I'm chiming in to say that I also got the free summer quick service. I also got the custom family book stating I get a dessert with each credit. I've also seen the 2017 brochure that only lists a meal and a drink.

I have a BOG lunch booked for day one of our trip that's in late July. I figure I may learn something when I log in to pre-order my lunch, but by then some people should be using their credits and reporting back what's going on. Failing all that, I'll call Disney and see what their CM tells me a couple of weeks before my trip.

I've also contemplated taking my booklet with me, but I cringe at the thought of making it a drawn out process at each meal stop. I'd much rather get this cleared up before.

I'm chiming in to say that I also got the free summer quick service. I also got the custom family book stating I get a dessert with each credit. I've also seen the 2017 brochure that only lists a meal and a drink.

I have a BOG lunch booked for day one of our trip that's in late July. I figure I may learn something when I log in to pre-order my lunch, but by then some people should be using their credits and reporting back what's going on. Failing all that, I'll call Disney and see what their CM tells me a couple of weeks before my trip.

I've also contemplated taking my booklet with me, but I cringe at the thought of making it a drawn out process at each meal stop. I'd much rather get this cleared up before.

The pre-order won't tell you anything as you can pre-order as much as you like; the dining plan has no bearing on that.
Calling Disney will also not get you anywhere as the phone CMs will not know. If you only call two times, you'll probably get two different answers.

Hopefully, the June visitors who got this deal will have returned and reported back how it works before you go. Otherwise, if you truly want the dessert, you'll need your brochure, and the patience/time at each meal you use your one credit.

The pre-order won't tell you anything as you can pre-order as much as you like; the dining plan has no bearing on that.
Calling Disney will also not get you anywhere as the phone CMs will not know. If you only call two times, you'll probably get two different answers.

Hopefully, the June visitors who got this deal will have returned and reported back how it works before you go. Otherwise, if you truly want the dessert, you'll need your brochure, and the patience/time at each meal you use your one credit.

Thanks for the response. This will be my first pre-order so I wasn't 100% on how it went, but I figured it was a long-shot to clear anything up. I know the phone CMs would be all over the place especially now, but I thought they might have things cleared up by then.

I knew my best hope was to see what people are reporting back in the early summer, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this question. The online brochure doesn't say you don't get a dessert, but the lack of it in the list certainly suggests that's the case. You'd think Disney would know not to add it to their custom booklets if that was the case, but it's a big operation, and they obviously don't always have their ducks in a row.

In any case, I appreciate the input.

I know the phone CMs would be all over the place especially now, but I thought they might have things cleared up by then.

I wonder if a call or two/3,4,5 now inquiring about the discrepancy would give Disney a heads up about the problem. I have a feeling they have no idea of what they have done.

Maybe it's not a mistake! I don't think the Summer Quick-Serve offer ever specified what items were included in the counter service meal. I know the regular Quick-Serve plan does not include dessert with the meals, but maybe this is different since you only get one meal a day. I booked my Summer Quick-Serve offer on Jan. 31 and just got my personalized booklet in the mail today. As others have reported, the booklet states that dessert is included.

Maybe it's not a mistake! I don't think the Summer Quick-Serve offer ever specified what items were included in the counter service meal. I know the regular Quick-Serve plan does not include dessert with the meals, but maybe this is different since you only get one meal a day. I booked my Summer Quick-Serve offer on Jan. 31 and just got my personalized booklet in the mail today. As others have reported, the booklet states that dessert is included.

I posted a link on the first page of this thread of the "details" directly from the Summer Quick Service Meal Offer, and it specifically stated that each QS meal includes ONE entree and ONE non-alcoholic beverage. That's it. No dessert was mentioned at all.

It's a mistake on Disney's part somewhere.

I posted a link on the first page of this thread of the "details" directly from the Summer Quick Service Meal Offer, and it specifically stated that each QS meal includes ONE entree and ONE non-alcoholic beverage. That's it. No dessert was mentioned at all.

Ah, thank you. We will have to see how the discrepancy is handled come June. Hopefully someone will report back. Looks like I will be bringing that booklet with me!

With the brochure being older than the booklets, and the booklets still going out as is, I'm hoping it's the booklets that have it right. Though, the brochure isn't technically contradictory. It merely omits the dessert inclusion (pretty easy to read that as not included though).

However, since these seem to be standard quick service credits, I'm wondering how they would differentiate the summer promotion version in their system to include the dessert? Depending on how they set up their system, it could be an easy change or one that's not terribly feasible for them.

I guess we'll see how Disney handles this one come June.

However, since these seem to be standard quick service credits, I'm wondering how they would differentiate the summer promotion version in their system to include the dessert? Depending on how they set up their system, it could be an easy change or one that's not terribly feasible for them.

Considering the first two weeks of 2017, everyone on QSDP got the dessert even if they had the new 2017 plan, my guess is they have no way of differentiating at the point of sale. I think they are going to have some angry summer promotion guests.

Considering the first two weeks of 2017, everyone on QSDP got the dessert even if they had the new 2017 plan, my guess is they have no way of differentiating at the point of sale. I think they are going to have some angry summer promotion guests.

Good info. I'd guessed the same since they don't even differentiate between kid and adult credits on the quick service.

I suppose they could just give us a snack credit to use in it's place. :rotfl2:

This is a separate question so I'm putting it in a separate post.

Has anyone with the Summer Quick Service deal tried upgrading it to a QSDP or DDP?

This is a separate question so I'm putting it in a separate post.

Has anyone with the Summer Quick Service deal tried upgrading it to a QSDP or DDP?

Yes they have, but I don't remember which one the poster upgraded to. The cost was around $40 per night, per adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts