Free valet for handicapped parking?

Leslie

Mouseketeer
I would like to take my parents to see the different resorts at Christmas time. Do the resorts really offer FREE valet parking if we have their handicapped pass on the rearview mirror? Could we use this service at each resort we visit?

Also, what would be appropriate as far as tipping?

Thanks! :earsboy:

In the past yes. Appropriate tip would be $1 or $2 to the person who parks it and the same to the one who returns it providing that is all he has to do. I usually tip $5 if the load or unload my power wheelchair or an ECV

We have used the free valet for each of trips since 2000. See the list below, right up til May of 2005. Just remember to tip, for many of the resorts, if you told them you were just dining they would park the card off to the side of the drop off area and picking up the car was very fast!

Penny

It is free with a handicapped parking permit (although tips are appreciated as the others mentioned).
Most of the resorts don't actually have that much handicapped parking that is close enough to the entrance to really qualify for handicapped parking. So, when you valet park, you are actually allowing the accessible parking to be used for people who can't valet park (like someone who drives their own vehicle from their wheelchair).

My policy on tipping the valets is a little complex.

If I do not need my ECV unloaded or loaded and the weather is nice I will give $1.00 both when dropping off the car and picking it up. If the weather is miserable (hot, humid, rainy, etc.) I will tip $2.00, again both in and out.

If the valet unloads and assembles my ECV, or disassembles and loads it, I will tip $5.00 (again, both in and out).

If I have the ECV with me and do not get assistance from a valet (have to do the work myself), not only will I not tip, but I will have a discussion with a supervisor.

Leslie, I hope you & your parents enjoy resort hopping to see Christmas decorations. It is well worth it! I appreciate the complimentary valet parking for guests with handicapped tags. I tip similarly to CheshireFigment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter