Free welcome gift at PB/HRH/RPR

DisneyCrazy

DIS Vet / DVC Member
I don't know if this has been posted before or not - I found it while looking for information on Portofino Bay. If you sign up for 'Loews First' which is the frequesnt visitor program for the hotels at Universal (and other Loews hotels) you get a free welcome gift every time you check in. Plus there are other perks once you've reached a certain number of stays.

I called to sign up so I would have my membership number when making my reservations - you can also do it on-line and it will come in the mail in a few weeks.

Check it out:

http://www.loewshotels.com/loewsfirst.asp

Hi: Thanks for the info. Have you seen any deals like $129. a night at the hard rock hotel, just wondering?

Deb.

I didn't try HRH, I got $150 at PB (w/Entertainment book card). I 'heard' HRH was $139.

Now this is in August - I don't know about any other time of year. Give them a call - they were VERY helpful.

Don't get your hopes up too much for a free gift, last year it took me 3 trips to the front desk just to get the one night cookies delivered for the kids! Maybe that is one of the gifts you were talking about. Never did get the paper either, was asked which one I wanted at checkin, but it never showed up, also didn't get a free up grade. BUT - we loved HRH, got the room we paid for and had a great time, the free gifts, newspaper and upgrade were not the reasons we stayed there-FRONT OF THE LINE was all that really counted!

We've been fortunate at the Portofino and have received our welcome gift each time. The red wine was very good but the fruit was too hard to eat.

We got our fruit tray and our newspaper without having to remind anyone.

We drive in and always stop to get a supply of snacks and such for the room, so I guess having a basket of fruit and a newspaper would not make or break my good time there.
But last time we checked in and got a music CD, a $20 coupon for the Palm restaurant and some tatoos for the kids... well THAT is what I call a welcome gift pack!
:smooth:

So I went and filled out the application anyway, but guess what I noticed when I was reading the fine print? It says "To earn your Loews First benefits and amenities, including bonus miles, your stay must be at a published Loews Hotel rate; group and negotiated rates do not apply."
In other words, I think that if you stay on a deal such as the Entertainment Book rate you really would not be entitled to the benefits. If they give you the goodies consider it a double bonus!

Originally posted by suzysezso
So I went and filled out the application anyway, but guess what I noticed when I was reading the fine print? It says "To earn your Loews First benefits and amenities, including bonus miles, your stay must be at a published Loews Hotel rate; group and negotiated rates do not apply."
In other words, I think that if you stay on a deal such as the Entertainment Book rate you really would not be entitled to the benefits. If they give you the goodies consider it a double bonus!

Darn that fine print! Well, I guess I'll get what I paid for ;)

For those who wanted to know what the milk and cookies gift looks like, RhondaS took a pic of hers...

cookies.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter