Freeport or Nassau

Bump......

I am interested to hear if anyone has done snorkeling at Freeport? Is it any good at all? Now that our cruise stops there, I am thinking about the short snorkeling excursion just to get of the boat for a bit.

Thanks!

Both straw markets offer about the same selection and price negotiations BUT it will cost you nothing to go to the straw market in Nassau as opposed to the $50 it cost us to taxi to the shops in Freeport. If you are asking about the extremely small straw market (maybe 10 booths) in Freeport, that is right as you get off the ship but is no comparison to the Nassau straw market that is much larger. The taxi cost and situation in Freeport will make me never get off the ship there. It is $4/$5 per person each way -- and when you are returning to port from the shops, they won't take you back until the taxi is full. We waited over 45 minutes for the taxi to fill and then we got impatient and had to pay $10 extra just to get back. People on these boards have recommended the Lucaya Resort as wonderful though I didn't do that. Keep in mind the cost of the taxis before you shop in Freeport.

Straw market is better and closer at Nassau, but hair braiding at the straw market in Freeport was much less in Freeport. Walk it backwards, DD's and DW had crown braiding for 20.00 a piece. Much less than the ship and Nassau on previous cruises.

Stay on the ship and enjoy it while others are out shopping, etc.
There is nothing like the feeling of being almost alone in Paradise!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter