French Onion soup at BOG no longer a snack credit?

Disneylover99

DIS Veteran
Is this new?
Has anyone else been able to use a snack credit at BOG to order soup in the past few weeks?

I was told by the manager at BOG today that I would either have to pay out of pocket for my soup or I could order a drink with my soup and a quick service credit would be used but the soup was no longer a snack credit since they changed their dinner menu last month.

I see it listed as a snack item on older menus, but the price seems to have increased recently. Did you get a look at the menu while you where there? There should be a DDP icon next to the snack-eligible items.

I see it listed as a snack item on older menus, but the price seems to have increased recently. Did you get a look at the menu while you where there? There should be a DDP icon next to the snack-eligible items.

They have taken the snack symbol off the actual menu at BOG. But when you do the pre order online, it doesn't seem to indicate what a snack credit is.

I asked the manager if desserts were still considered a snack credit and he said yes, so I pulled up the pre order where the soups are listed as desserts, but he said no, only the actual menu at BOG counts.

They have taken the snack symbol off the actual menu at BOG. But when you do the pre order online, it doesn't seem to indicate what a snack credit is.

I asked the manager if desserts were still considered a snack credit and he said yes, so I pulled up the pre order where the soups are listed as desserts, but he said no, only the actual menu at BOG counts.

Sounds like that manager needs to be talking to IT to update their menu on the preorder page.

Sounds like that manager needs to be talking to IT to update their menu on the preorder page.

That’s exactly what I said to him. He said he has no control over what Disney puts on their website and he just kept reiterating the actual menu at BOG was the only menu that mattered. I told him it should matter what the website says. He just shrugged.

That sounds like a stretch to me. Your really reaching to say that soup qualifies as a dessert because it shows up under that section in one particular menu on the website.

Following as I planned to use snack credits for soup at BOG lunch in January... don’t want to use DxDP credit for QS obviously.

That sounds like a stretch to me. Your really reaching to say that soup qualifies as a dessert because it shows up under that section in one particular menu on the website.

The reason soup is also under dessert on the internet preorder page is because it was a snack credit, and that was the only way to order it and use your snack credit when preordering.

he just kept reiterating the actual menu at BOG was the only menu that mattered. I told him it should matter what the website says. He just shrugged.

Well, the restaurant does have the right to determine what is and isn't included on the DDP. However, BoG is a Disney owned restaurant and I can't believe the manager has no way to contact IT (or somebody) and ask them to change what they're doing.

Since the manager won't do it, you could send a complaint email to Disney in hopes that someone will see it and make the change to prevent more unhappy guests in the future.

The reason soup is also under dessert on the internet preorder page is because it was a snack credit, and that was the only way to order it and use your snack credit when preordering.

I didn’t see any ddp symbols on the pre order page for any items. There was a check marked at the top to say we were using the ddp, but when I plugged in what I was ordering, it didn’t seem to indicate how many meals or snacks we were using. I’m not sure if it did that in the past? It’s been a year since we pre ordered lunch at BOG and I can’t remember.

I didn’t see any ddp symbols on the pre order page for any items. There was a check marked at the top to say we were using the ddp, but when I plugged in what I was ordering, it didn’t seem to indicate how many meals or snacks we were using. I’m not sure if it did that in the past? It’s been a year since we pre ordered lunch at BOG and I can’t remember.

It's never shown that you were using a DDP or paying OOP; but they added the soup to the dessert category specifically for DDP users who were, at that time, swapping their dessert for a snack and this was the only way the system would allow them to do that and preorder. When the dessert went away from the QS meal, they should have removed it then. It still wouldn't have helped you and people would still assume you can use a snack credit for it, but it would make the manager's removal of the soup as a snack a little easier to take.

It's never shown that you were using a DDP or paying OOP; but they added the soup to the dessert category specifically for DDP users who were, at that time, swapping their dessert for a snack and this was the only way the system would allow them to do that and preorder. When the dessert went away from the QS meal, they should have removed it then. It still wouldn't have helped you and people would still assume you can use a snack credit for it, but it would make the manager's removal of the soup as a snack a little easier to take.

Yes. It bothered me when he said, absolutely everything listed as a dessert can be used as a snack credit.....except for the soup which is listed as a dessert. :upsidedow

I'm going to email them to let them know how misleading the pre-order is.

Does anyone have any more recent reports of soup at BOG being eligible as a snack credit or if this is definitely not an option anymore?

During our October trip, the CM told me that soups no longer qualified for snack credits and that I would have to pay OOP. I was so disappointed. I even asked if I could get it in place of the more expensive glass of wine that was included with my meal and she said, "no." After lunch, I soothed my sorrow next door with delicious macarons from Gaston's Tavern. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!